User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I'm not completely sure about that either, but I think a click track is used in recording just to keep everyone on beat, I don't think it's necessarily part of the drum machine. I may be wrong though.
You're not wrong, but usually if musicians are using click-tracks.. it's being fed to them through their in-ear monitors, and not through the PA system for the audience to hear.

By virtue of being combined with bass/keys or whatever else he added onto the click-track and then being sent through the sound system of the theater, it kind of became less of a click track and more into a backing track in which the 'clicks' are the percussion which substitutes for the drums.

Last edited by WildHearted; 02-05-2013 at 05:48 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand the debate about Seven Wonders? Somewhere in a thread is the info from someone who worked at Modern who said the song was originally called Aaron (what she's speaking in the breaks, not Tara, Sara...) and that Stevie changed so many of the words that Sandy Stewart was not happy. So basically, she wrote most of the lyrics?? I see it as no different than her co-write on other songs... and no... she didn't just add the word Emmiline to the song??? I don't know where on earth that RUMOUR came from...and I really doubt that if that was the case she'd get any credit for the song at all???
Old 02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sick of You Make Loving Fun. My local radio station plays it too much! ai hope that they don't attempt it this tour w/out Christine.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many songs need to be dropped from the somewhat tired set list.

"Stand Back", "Go Insane"....these are not the best of Stevie'Lindsey solo catalog....If they want to dig into that bag, there are better solo songs that can be done.

"Say You Love Me"---Please don't "attempt" anymore Chris songs....I realize that you have to do Don't Stop to appease the dull crowd, but that's all I can handle. If you can't bring Chris back, leave her songs out of the set.

Leave "World Turning" in the set....Mick's drum solo is my chance to go to the restroom and refill my adult beverage. Just move it to the MIDDLE of the set so I have a short break. Mick LOVES to talk about Mick.

SONGS TO ADD: "Angel", "Sisters of the Moon", "Don't Let Me Down Again", "Frozen Love", "That's Alright", "The Ledge", "Blue Letter", "Thrown Down", "Steal Your Heart Away"

STEVIE---If you insist on adding "Soldier's Angel", I'm going to refill my beverage for a second time (I'll need it)......Honey, I love you to DEARLY, but when you start ranting about soldier's angels, desert angels, touched angels, street angels and docklands, I need to make a run to the restroom.......I love you, girl !!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Stand Back" - Not nearly a favorite SN song. I'd rather "SOTM", "Straight Back", "Everybody Finds Out", "Running Through the Garden", or unrealistically the earlier version of "Smile At You".

"Don't Stop" - I wouldn't mind if they picked another Christine song to attempt ("Why" would be my dream, or "Think About Me" or ... "You Make Loving Fun"?? That was always my favorite Christine song from Rumours), or cut her songs unless she makes an appearance.

"Crystal" - Pretty but it shares common ground with "Without You".

"Say You Will", "What's the World Coming To", "Steal Your Heart Away", "Goodbye Baby", "Come", "Silver Girl", "Family Man", "Isn't It Midnight", "Save Me a Place" - Couldn't get into them enough.

"Go Insane", "Bleed to Love Her", "Monday Morning", "Seven Wonders", "Gypsy", "Sara", "Eyes of the World", "I Know I'm Not Wrong", "That's Enough For Me" - I like them, but I can survive on Youtube if it means other rarities.

If I go to a show it'll be my first, so unlike you all I'm not yet sick of a lot of the staples.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
"[B]

If I go to a show it'll be my first, so unlike you all I'm not yet sick of a lot of the staples.
Go!!! the price of admission is well worth it to hear the greatest band on the planet live. You will Not be disapointed.

the sum is greater than the parts
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, I'm definitely working on it
Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

I want them to drop:

Stand Back
Say You Love Me
Rhiannon
Go Insane
Oh Well
Go Your Own Way

What I would love to hear instead:

Isn't It Midnight
Tango In The Night
When I See You Again
Seven Wonders
Hypnotized
Gold
(and yes, I do know that there's no solo song from Lindsey left now...)
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Realistically, they will never drop GYOW. It was one of their biggest hits and completely a must play song for them.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Realistically, they will never drop GYOW. It was one of their biggest hits and completely a must play song for them.
You're right, I kind of missed the demand for a "realistic" choice.
I like "Go Your Own Way", but I would prefer to hear other songs.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sadly, realistically they will never drop Rhiannon either.

GYOW is still great and a big party in concert, considering guitar solos are what dominate that song. also, maybe it's just me, but i like to strum Lindsey's guitar.

Rhiannon is just a shadow of it's former self.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
sadly, realistically they will never drop Rhiannon either.

GYOW is still great and a big party in concert, considering guitar solos are what dominate that song. also, maybe it's just me, but i like to strum Lindsey's guitar.

Rhiannon is just a shadow of it's former self.
Definitely not just you

I agree on Rhiannon. I know Stevie's voice isn't what it used to be, but I still think they could do a much better job with the song now than they have been.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy-sara View Post
I want them to drop:
Oh Well
'
That's f-ing sacrilege & heresy right there.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
'
That's f-ing sacrilege & heresy right there.
No, it's just my opinion.

And in fact I like the song. But as it is none of my absolute favourites and they are probably only playing 22-24 songs, I would love to hear something different.

If they are going to play some pre-BN songs (and I hope they will!) I would rather like to hear "Man Of The World", "Woman Of A Thousand Years" or "Hypnotized" than "Oh Well".
Old 03-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy-sara View Post
If they are going to play some pre-BN songs (and I hope they will!) I would rather like to hear "Man Of The World", "Woman Of A Thousand Years" or "Hypnotized" than "Oh Well".
since they insist on that stupid "only 22-24 songs" in the set (John Fogerty is older than all of them and he does anywhere between 26 and 29! and changes his sets from time to time during the same tour), i'd prefer they don't do any pre-BN era songs since there are so many BN ear songs, especially Lindsey's Tusk and SYW songs, that i would love to hear.

but if they do pre-BN FM song, my top choice by far would be Oh Well. we know that song is great live as done by LB-MF-JM (regardless of spitballs being thrown at LB by PG purists ), and i wouldn't mind to experience it live at all.

Man of the World might be interesting... did BN-FM ever did that song live as far as we know?

i realize that doing a Welch song would be nice tribute, but i really don't care one bit to hear any of his songs by the current lineup, and that includes Hypnotized.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"