User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I added realistically because this isn't a thread for songs were most sick of. I know 90 percent of us would like for them to not play Dreams, but that's not realalistic. I do sort of agree with the band that there are certain songs they shouldn't exclude, but I disagree with how long their Must Do list actually is. I will be very upset to see any of these songs in th 2013 set:

1. Monday Morning
2. Stand Back
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Gypsy or Sara
5. World Turning
6. Silver Springs
7. Say you love me
8. I don't want to know
nice iteration on our ongoing discussions here!

i agree with most of your list, except Silver Springs. i've never heard Mac live yet and would love to hear Silver Springs at least once.

i don't understand while people keep bringing up MM for this tour. they did it last tour, it's a nice song, but time for a change again, i agree.

Stand Back - time to replace it with another rocking solo song of Stevie's. or like someone said, they can rock GDW like FFs did, and pick a different solo song of hers. if she needs a fast song, she can also use Ghosts Are Gone or EFO from SYW.

i agree that slowed down version of NGBA is not a very attractive song, and it was (besides Trouble) the only song i wasn't perfectly happy about during OMS tour last year and could do without. but you said realistically, and Lindsey has brought up several times already that it's a must do song. so no matter what we think it will stay. hope he speeds it up some more (he did already on OMS from SWS snail speed, but it needs more). and general audiences recognize this song and always react positively to it.

yes to getting rid of Gypsy and Sara - please please please bring in Angel and SOTM instead. or Destiny Rules.

i love World Turning, it's a great song, but Mick's solo kills it and takes up way too much time.what is it like 10 mins drum solo? i never made it through it on LiB without fastforwarding. he can show off his drum skills, but doesn't really need 10 mins, bunch of those mumbling incoherently.

agree on SYLM.

Go Insane should definitely go, however much i love it. it needs to be replaced by a rocking Lindsey solo song from SWS.

but realistically, of Christine's songs, Don't Stop is a must do. Don't Stop, Landslide and GYOW are probably the only FM songs everybody knows. realistically, those 3 are probably their only must dos. for comparison, i saw Dylan recently, the only 2 widely known songs he did was Like A Rolling Stone and All Along The Watchtower. of course, even those 2 were barely recognizable considering his current limitations . (and yes, i know that unlike FM, Dylan puts on a crappy show in general opinion, but i'm just talking about the setlist.)

so now when i switched to must dos - instead of 12 songs they are saying are must dos, there are actually 3 that i listed above.

well those 3 and The Chain.

other than those 4, Lindsey will never drop Big Love and I'm So Afraid, and he never fails to deliver on either of these 2, so these 2 will have to be added to must dos.

Stevie will never drop Dreams and Rhiannon, so these 2 will have to be added to must dos.

so that's 8.

i would love to hear Second Hand News, just b/c i love the song, the same with Gold Dust Woman.

so that's 10.

i would be shocked if they dropped Tusk.

so that's 11.

i just went back to those top 10 most downloaded songs -
1 GO YOUR OWN WAY
2 THE CHAIN
3 EVERYWHERE
4 LITTLE LIES
5 DREAMS
6 ALBATROSS
7 LANDSLIDE
8 DON'T STOP
9 BIG LOVE

10 SONGBIRD

i bolded all non-Christine songs plus Don't Stop. so we are covered. in the worst case scenario 11 is a must do, that's it!

now we have a space for 13 more songs if they want to stick to 24!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
huh? have you heard some of Christine's other songs?
Read my next post, sweetie.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd like to hear Lindsey do Street of Dreams(out of his solo stuff cause its my favorite song of his solo stuff

Has he done it live since "92?
Old 02-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Read my next post, sweetie.
your follow-up post didn't seem to refute that you think Don't Stop is Mac's most sugary song, darling

you just said you like it as well as other sugary stuff.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
your follow-up post didn't seem to refute that you think Don't Stop is Mac's most sugary song, darling

you just said you like it as well as other sugary stuff.
Okay, I'll give you that one, suga plum
Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I'd like to hear Lindsey do Street of Dreams(out of his solo stuff cause its my favorite song of his solo stuff

Has he done it live since "92?
see, there's a problem with Lindsey doing any solo song that doesn't require a backing band, and this is why:

it seems that success and ease of OMS tour last year might spur on similar completely solo tours by LB in the future. if so, this would mean songs which need a band and would be incomplete with just a backing track may need to be done with FM. on a completely solo LB tour, some rocking songs like ISA and Come work perfectly with just backing tracks, others like GYOW work just partially.

soooooo... i really hope LB chooses one of his rocking solo songs that need a band participation to perform during the FM tour. because i wanna hear them!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't Stop, Landslide and GYOW are probably the only FM songs everybody knows. realistically, those 3 are probably their only must dos.
I agree about Don't Stop being a must do (unfortunately)

However, I don't agree that those are the only FM songs everybody knows. I think Rhiannon is definitely another must-do (even though it's not what it once was live).

Then there's Sara, Gypsy, Say You Love Me, Over My Head, Dreams, etc which MOST everyone knows, if not everyone.

That said.. they don't have to play ALL of their must-dos. They just have to play enough of them so that the whole audience isn't booing them offstage.

Stevie played the first show of the IYD tour without Landslide if I recall correctly, and as far as I know, no tomatoes were thrown.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

However, I don't agree that those are the only FM songs everybody knows. I think Rhiannon is definitely another must-do (even though it's not what it once was live).

Then there's Sara, Gypsy, Say You Love Me, Over My Head, Dreams, etc which MOST everyone knows, if not everyone.
Everyone knows Rhiannon and Dreams. You can't drag a slug in from off the street who doesn't know Dreams.

The Mac likes to do three hot songs in a row. Tusk, Stand Back and GYOW have been the trilogy.

In order to replace Stand Back (which they won't, but just for conjecture's sake), we'd have to have another Stevie song that will keep people on their feet and fit in between Tusk and GYOW. I'd like SOTM to be that song, but I think it kind of starts off quiet and then builds to a burn. I think the early quiet may pour water on some of the momentum left over from Tusk. So, you have to find a song that is fast and hard from beginning to end. I think EFO could be that song. Its draw back is that no one knows it. Too bad it did not come out earlier in all of our lives and have a great video to boost its popularity.

Michele
Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

well, i may have been living under a rock (or in Europe? ) most of my life, but before i started looking up LB, i did not know Rhiannon, Sara, or Gypsy. SYLM and OMH are Christine's songs so we don't have to worry about them.

i did hear "Thunder only happens" before, so yeah about Dreams

my kids do know GYOW and Don't Stop i'm pretty sure, from tv and video games. probably Landslide, especially after superbawl. don't know if they'd know any other Mac songs.

EDIT: my kids also know EO17. it's been playing on my daughter's pop radio. she thinks it's a new song.

Last edited by elle; 02-04-2013 at 05:56 PM..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie played the first show of the IYD tour without Landslide if I recall correctly, and as far as I know, no tomatoes were thrown.
yup if we are talking solo. and Lindsey NEVER plays Holiday Road on his solo tours anymore, and it's his most downloaded and most known solo song. you always see people going to see LB solo and expecting that song. no tomatoes there either.

i don't think that anybody could casually walk into a FM show and not expect Landslide though.

i do agree that it's hard for the ultrafans to get some distance from all we know... i often use as example my kids, but realistically by now, my son has been to 2 LB solo shows and he does recognize most of the songs he heard there.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what would be the must-dos in Europe?

Go your own way, Dreams, Don't Stop, Little lies, Everywhere, Big Love, Oh Diane, Hold me, Family man and if we're talking solo then Rooms on fire and Talk to me.

Thank God they are not making the setlist according to the location.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
You know what would be the must-dos in Europe?

Go your own way, Dreams, Don't Stop, Little lies, Everywhere, Big Love, Oh Diane, Hold me, Family man and if we're talking solo then Rooms on fire and Talk to me.

Thank God they are not making the setlist according to the location.
lol, yeah. thanks for that list too!

actually, they should be able to change up their setlist according to the location, but unfortunately we know that once decided their setlist seems to be set in stone for the tour. but i'm definitely glad i don't have to hear family man or diane.

and, tweet just now -
@TheAntonioBlack
If i see fleetwood mac Live, and lindsey buckingham does not play big love, i'll punch him.

guess we can add this violent option to the ones of deportation or walking out or mean shirt or holding the sign?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would never want to cause Lindsey physical harm, but I would not be opposed to bopping him lightly with something soft and cushiony.

Michele
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would never want to cause Lindsey physical harm, but I would not be opposed to bopping him lightly with something soft and cushiony.

Michele
yup, definitely not on the list of our options. we'd probably instinctively jump to defend him if someone tried to punch him. but since it was brought up in a public setting, i thought it should be added to the list as one of the options people listed.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
"Sisters of the Moon" because nothing will compare to the Mirage Tour version and I think a new live version would be a let down.
I disagree, Stevie's voice has become more smokey over the years and I think that's a great match for that song.
I Could go without hearing Dreams honestly, I love the song to death but it's so overplayed and i've heard it so much the past few months that I wouldn't mind if they dropped it from the set (which they won't)
Only do SYLM if Chris is there as well as Don't Stop
Big Love- it's just not a favorite of mine
Gypsy, it's a great song but Sara is better
Silver Springs too, beautiful song but i could still go without hearing it
I wish they'd do Hypnotized from Mystery To Me but not have a particular lead singer on that song, i feel like if lindsey sang it too hard it would kill it a bit. Also Station Man from Kiln House, if you look up the live version from 1975 Stevie, Lindsey, and Chris combo of vocals we're perfect.