Fireflies
Straight Back
No Questions Asked
Freedom
Thrown Down

LINDSEY"S SONGS

Caroline
Tango In The Night
^ Even tho I am a huge chiffonhead, I would prefer to hear these two songs live more than any of the of the Stevie ones. They would both kick ass live! I don't see why Linds never pulled them out.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be perfectly happy hearing any song from their catalogue that has never been performed before, including the songs I don't like. For example, I hate the song Oh Diane but if Lindsey were to sing it live I would hold my cell phone(aka lighter) up in the air and sway my arms around and sing it loud and proud like a true fan. I wish they would toss out every song they have performed before and replace them with songs they've never sung in concert. And if they wanted to make a ton more money and make things more exciting for the fans, then they could switch the song sets up in a different order for every show. It would make Stevie so dizzy she would twirl herself right off the stage and into our arms.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Caroline could have been so amazing if they had played it live That would be my top pick without a doubt.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

STEVIE'S SONGS

I Don't Want To Know - This would have to be dropped down a few steps vocally, but I think it would turn out alright. I love the album version, perfect song to play on a sunny day.

No Questions Asked - While this song is completely a mess in terms of structure (i'm not a musician, just observing), I love the vocals.

Affairs Of The Heart - Probably would flop live, but its one of my favorites.

Not Make Believe - Less lead guitar, more synth. This would be a perfect modern day 'dreams.' Would be perfect in the 2nd or 3rd slot in the set. I think Lindseys version for SYW is PERFECT.

Running Through the Garden - I regularly play the live version from 05/2003 in Columbus, Ohio. This song definitely had potential to reach 'Sisters of the Moon/Stand Back' levels live in concert.

LINDSEY"S SONGS

Can't Go Back - This and BOL paired back to back in concert would be dreamy.

Book Of Love - This would definitely be tough to recreate live in concert, vocally. But I think just Mick, John, and Lindsey playing on this would be stellar.

Miranda - I never understood why he did every other song from Say You Will except this one. It's definitely concert and radio friendly.

Steal Your Heart Away - This song is so dreamy. Another chance for SnL to share harmonies.

^ Wow, looking at Lindsey's list of songs with the band (sans live tracks) really is shocking. Lindsey's solo material is so much stronger, IMO.

^ Also, whichever "You and I" it is that has the fairlyland type intro should be played as they take the stage.

CHRISTINE"S SONGS (for the record) -----> For the hell of it, Christine did her best songs live, anyway.

Warm Ways - This could be AWESOME live. However, I think the energy of the show would have to be taken down, so maybe put this at the end of the acoustic set. Also, Blue Letter would HAVE to follow this on stage. Talk about great sequencing.

As Long As You Follow - How the hell was this never done? I still to this day hear it in every supermarket I go to. I suppose the GH album did come out at the end of the Tango tour.

Heart Of Stone - This would be painfully good live. The musical intro alone is enough to get everyone out of their seats.

Love Shines - Oh how I wish we could have had a live version. Top 5 Chris songs of all time.

Skies The Limit - I never understood why they chose to ignore this one too. It was a single and had the "Mac" written all over it. Love the video, too. Chris' material from 87-92' is so underrated. Most of it matches up to her stuff from the White Album and Rumours, IMO.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Tango in the Night would be a great opening track and could easily be re-worked to a chain-like kind of duet with Nicks. I felt that was a missed opportunity (another one ) for the album itself. Tango was a huge album and the title track deserves a workout. I'm so Afraid would have to go though. Also a few more Tusk tunes also deserve dusting off, without a doubt That's Enough For Me, Walk a Thin Line and The Ledge (Stevie I think could also pull off Never Forget). As for Mirage, Straight Back could work as would a surprise If you Were My Love. Let's not forget a couple of Say You will gems, I agree about Thrown Down and Miranda being killer concert staples, time to drop the solo stuff from Mac shows.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those of you that haven't heard it, there is a "live" version of Straight Back... from a Mirage tour rehearsal. I love this, it would've been fabulous live ((

http://youtu.be/m1psFJ63ZQ0

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'd be perfectly happy hearing any song from their catalogue that has never been performed before, including the songs I don't like. For example, I hate the song Oh Diane but if Lindsey were to sing it live I would hold my cell phone(aka lighter) up in the air and sway my arms around and sing it loud and proud like a true fan. I wish they would toss out every song they have performed before and replace them with songs they've never sung in concert. And if they wanted to make a ton more money and make things more exciting for the fans, then they could switch the song sets up in a different order for every show. It would make Stevie so dizzy she would twirl herself right off the stage and into our arms.
I'm always impressed by bands that can switch up their set lists at a whim, and don't feel the pressure to peform their popular/hits. These bands have fan bases that are satisifed with whatever they play - even deep album tracks and obscure material. But Fleetwood Mac just isn't one of those bands, and certain segments of their audience aren't those kind of fans; their mentality being "they have to play these songs - I'm paying good money - if I don't hear these songs, then it's just a big rip off! That show sucked!"

I don't understand that! I lovr your idea - do something radical --give a rest to all the songs they have performed into the ground for the last twenty-something years, and give us a completely different show. Since they promoted their last tour as a greatest hits tour, do the opposite and promote a "The Unexpected/Anything Can Happen" tour.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-03-2012 at 01:36 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't understand that! I love your idea - do something radical --give a rest to all the songs they have performed into the ground for the last twenty-something years, and give us a completely different show. Since they promoted their last tour as a greatest hits tour, do the opposite and promote a "The Unexpected/Anything Can Happen" tour.
On this tour ex members of FM could appear onstage and perform 3 songs of their choice from their FM catalogue.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
For those of you that haven't heard it, there is a "live" version of Straight Back... from a Mirage tour rehearsal. I love this, it would've been fabulous live ((

http://youtu.be/m1psFJ63ZQ0
who is the man singing background at the end? Not LB.....
Old 01-03-2012, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I think Tango in the Night would be a great opening track and could easily be re-worked to a chain-like kind of duet with Nicks. I felt that was a missed opportunity (another one ) for the album itself. Tango was a huge album and the title track deserves a workout. I'm so Afraid would have to go though. Also a few more Tusk tunes also deserve dusting off, without a doubt That's Enough For Me, Walk a Thin Line and The Ledge (Stevie I think could also pull off Never Forget). As for Mirage, Straight Back could work as would a surprise If you Were My Love. Let's not forget a couple of Say You will gems, I agree about Thrown Down and Miranda being killer concert staples, time to drop the solo stuff from Mac shows.
Yes, I agree, Tango In the Night could easily replace The Chain as a show opener. The Chain can be placed at the end of show, much like it was when it was first performed on the Rumours tour. Off topic: On Ice is a nice clever screen name.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 01-03-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Old 01-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On Ice is a nice clever screen name

Thx ditto for Penguin Head... On Ice for me represents all of the many missed opportunities that I feel the band passed by. Sorcerer I believe would have been a smokin' hot mac tune on the white album and if it had come to pass, I'm sure would have been considered a classic and we'd be posting the many awesome live versions over the years. (not to mention all of the other Stevie awesomeness that sadly stayed in the vault).
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, that "Come over, let me put you on ice" line is very provocative. An invitation. I love it, especially the way Stevie phrases it sometimes with a strategic pause: "let me put you . . . on ice".

It reminds me of Long Distance Winner where she says, "you're too hot to touch. You're too hot to touch." And in Sorcerer she has the answer for that.

Michele
Old 01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
STEVIE'S SONGS

I Don't Want To Know - This would have to be dropped down a few steps vocally, but I think it would turn out alright. I love the album version, perfect song to play on a sunny day.

No Questions Asked - While this song is completely a mess in terms of structure (i'm not a musician, just observing), I love the vocals.

Affairs Of The Heart - Probably would flop live, but its one of my favorites.

Not Make Believe - Less lead guitar, more synth. This would be a perfect modern day 'dreams.' Would be perfect in the 2nd or 3rd slot in the set. I think Lindseys version for SYW is PERFECT.

Running Through the Garden - I regularly play the live version from 05/2003 in Columbus, Ohio. This song definitely had potential to reach 'Sisters of the Moon/Stand Back' levels live in concert.

LINDSEY"S SONGS

Can't Go Back - This and BOL paired back to back in concert would be dreamy.

Book Of Love - This would definitely be tough to recreate live in concert, vocally. But I think just Mick, John, and Lindsey playing on this would be stellar.

Miranda - I never understood why he did every other song from Say You Will except this one. It's definitely concert and radio friendly.

Steal Your Heart Away - This song is so dreamy. Another chance for SnL to share harmonies.

^ Wow, looking at Lindsey's list of songs with the band (sans live tracks) really is shocking. Lindsey's solo material is so much stronger, IMO.

^ Also, whichever "You and I" it is that has the fairlyland type intro should be played as they take the stage.

CHRISTINE"S SONGS (for the record) -----> For the hell of it, Christine did her best songs live, anyway.

Warm Ways - This could be AWESOME live. However, I think the energy of the show would have to be taken down, so maybe put this at the end of the acoustic set. Also, Blue Letter would HAVE to follow this on stage. Talk about great sequencing.

As Long As You Follow - How the hell was this never done? I still to this day hear it in every supermarket I go to. I suppose the GH album did come out at the end of the Tango tour.

Heart Of Stone - This would be painfully good live. The musical intro alone is enough to get everyone out of their seats.

Love Shines - Oh how I wish we could have had a live version. Top 5 Chris songs of all time.

Skies The Limit - I never understood why they chose to ignore this one too. It was a single and had the "Mac" written all over it. Love the video, too. Chris' material from 87-92' is so underrated. Most of it matches up to her stuff from the White Album and Rumours, IMO.
Totally agree! Heart of Stone is killer. I was listening to it in my car last night and I had to keep replaying it because I had almost forgotten how good it is!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Heart of Stone too and, like Behind The Mask, it has a hard tone to it that is not like Christine and very delicious, in its bite.

Michele
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"For me, that "Come over, let me put you on ice" line is very provocative. An invitation. I love it, especially the way Stevie phrases it sometimes with a strategic pause: "let me put you . . . on ice".

Me too...this is one of Stevie's most interesting songs from a melody and lyric point of view. I wish I could have been in the room when the band was allegedly considering recording this song and locked them all in a room and not let them out until they did it. Could you imagine how insane this would have been in those early concerts along with the Rhiannon phenomenon?