User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:29 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
oh a ohhhh, too much pulling or too much something there........................

That's Barbra???
at first glance i thought it was jocelyn wildenstein
Old 06-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
at first glance i thought it was jocelyn wildenstein
Good catch, certainly NOT a timeless beauty like Stevie!! I am soooooo glad that Stevie has taken a much more "conservative" route in her "maintenance" . I have nothing against taking care of oneself, BUT some of these "Jocelyn" type pulls just baffle me. Does the recipient really believe they look good or are they told that after spending $50 K with a surgeon??

Wiki says she's 74 and based on what I am seeing , she looks it! Poor James!!

Now, as to Stevie, a classic, timeless beauty who doesn't need all the tune-ups and just takes good care of herself (and has decent genetics to boot!!)...............
Old 06-16-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
Good catch, certainly NOT a timeless beauty like Stevie!! I am soooooo glad that Stevie has taken a much more "conservative" route in her "maintenance" . I have nothing against taking care of oneself, BUT some of these "Jocelyn" type pulls just baffle me. Does the recipient really believe they look good or are they told that after spending $50 K with a surgeon??

Wiki says she's 74 and based on what I am seeing , she looks it! Poor James!!

Now, as to Stevie, a classic, timeless beauty who doesn't need all the tune-ups and just takes good care of herself (and has decent genetics to boot!!)...............

I always have to ask is that Madonna when I see her
Old 06-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The demo is just so beautiful.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

U TV, Ireland

http://utv.ie/Entertainment/2016/06/...and-Soul-60552

Stevie Nicks vs Kate Bush sing along a hit at Body and Soul

MUSIC 20 JUN 2016 Story by UTV Ireland Staff, Dublin

Sing Along Social with Stevie Nicks vs Kate Bush might just have saved a washed out and mucky Sunday at Body and Soul in Co Westmeath.

With more or less solid rain on Sunday, and after two nights of trampling the ground into a spongy mess of muck, the appetite for leaving the tent was low.

That is, until it was time for the Stevie Nicks vs Kate Bush sing-along showdown.

Sing Along Social, the brainchild of Aoife McElwain, usually takes a single iconic artist like Prince or Madonna and lets people just sing their hearts out along with the tracks.

Crowds slipped and slided through the dense mud to the Woodlands Stage where Wuthering Heights was destined to meet Dreams.

With the words all printed out and passed around, Aoife McElwain led the crowd in singing along to hits like Edge of Seventeen and Babooshka.

The masses were divided by screams for both singers and while Kate Bush got a loud cheer, Stevie Nicks - with a little help from Fleetwood Mac - stole the show.

Vinyl records were awarded to the “most emphatic and ethereal singers” but there wasn’t much encouragement needed.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Indiana Star David Lindquist, 10:40 a.m. EDT June 21, 2016

[Review of Oreo Jones' album]

http://www.indystar.com/story/entert...uare/85598436/

That's a keeper: Jones fills “Stevie Nicks’ House” with unlimited spectacle associated with the Fleetwood Mac vocalist. During a fictional visit to Nicks', Jones spies a parakeet named Dharma and a pale-pink Miata as well as artwork by Georgia O’Keeffe and Keith Haring.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Today in Stevie history......Stevie Nicks and Joe Walsh play the Pittsburgh Civic Arena - Wild Heart tour 1983. My first concert. 33 years ago today.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 06-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
That doesn't surprise me. Bruce is just a year younger than her, but he's always been possibly the best rock concert showman around, putting passion and fury in every note he sings and plays.
I *adore* Stevie. But she has slowed down some. But comparing her in concert with Bruce Springsteen isn't entirely fair; it's like comparing a Honda Accord to a Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda. Plus the Boss' vocal range has only dropped a little in the past 30-odd years, so...

They're both awesome, great singers and songwriters both.

"No one ever leaves, everyone stays close 'till the fire fades..."
Old 07-02-2016, 06:57 AM
Registered

I don't know if this has been posted yet but watch this

Dear Jimmy, My name is Rhiannon from the Stevie Nicks song....

and this:

"Dreams" playing in the background.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Flashback: Bob Dylan and Joan Baez Cover Jimmy Buffet in 1982

Watch surprise three-song reunion of the former romantic couple at the Peace Sunday anti-nuke concert

By Andy Greene July 5, 2016 [excerpt] Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...-1982-20160705

Approximately 85,000 people flocked to the stadium to see Gil Scott-Heron, Bonnie Raitt, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Taj Mahal, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler, Jackson Browne, Tom Petty and many others. Midway through the night, Joan Baez took the stage and played "Do Right Woman, Do Right Man" "Warriors of the Sun," John Lennon's "Imagine" and "Diamonds and Rust."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/vi...#ixzz4DbiwfJHD
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook
Old 07-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Movie News Review of the Edge of Seventeen Movie]

Watch: Red band trailer for 'The Edge of Seventeen' will make you cringe like never before

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/...ore/383108.htm

Surprisingly (and sadly, if we're being honest), this movie starring Hailee Steinfeld is not a biopic of Stevie Nicks but more of a Ronseal situation as Steinfeld plays a high schooler with a very awkward run of things.

Also starring Woody Harrelson, Kyra Sedgwick, Blake Jenner and Haley Lu Richardson, 'The Edge of Seventeen' documents the serious of awkward and stomach-churningly cringe moments that come to pass in Steinfeld's life. Those include, but are not limited to, her best friend hooking up with her arch-nemesis older brother, a useless mother and an apathetic teacher who literally could not give less of a **** about Steinfeld or any of her crap, which makes this coming-of-age dramedy stand out already.

And the red band trailer doesn't take any prisoners.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Ugh... The guy who made this made the equally horrible Gypsy 83
Old 07-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glide Magazine July 18, 2016

http://www.glidemagazine.com/video/2...scene-live-91/

25 years ago today (7/18/91), the very first Lollapalooza tour kicked off in Chandler, AZ at the former Compton Terrace (venue owned at the time by Jess and Gene Nicks, the father and uncle of Stevie Nicks) with a lineup that included Jane’s Addiction, Siouxsie and the Banshees,Nine Inch Nails, Living Colour, Ice-T & Body Count, Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band, Violent Femmes, Fishbone and Emergency Broadcast Network. In its initial years the Lollapalooza was one of the U.S.’s premier edgy festivals with a lineup that featured the most creative and interesting of alternative nation artists (. Today the festival has lived on at Chicago’s Grant Park since 2005 as small shade of its former self hosting pop and mainstream alternative bands. Watch the Rollins Band in true primitive form perform “Obscene” from that initial ’91 Lolla tour in Enurnclaw, WA.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From Female First 23 July 2016

10 Things I'd like my readers to know about me by David Menon

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/books/i...#ixzz4FD9QI7nc

FIVE - My all time favourite song is 'Sara' written by Stevie Nicks and on the Fleetwood Mac 'Tusk' album.
I've often been asked why I call Stevie 'the voice of my interior world' and for me the answer is easy. Her poetry and melody have connected with my emotions in a much deeper and more profound way than any other artist and I play her stuff at some point every day. I've seen her in concert many times, either on her own or with Fleetwood Mac, and I once flew to Dallas, went to her show that night and then flew back the next day. I did the same in Boston a few years later. At her solo concert in Birmingham in 1989 I was on the second row and I wore a top hat in honour of her song 'Rhiannon'. She came to the edge of the stage, I lunged forward with my hat and she took it off me with a big smile. She then proceeded to wave to the audience with it. I don't think I slept for a week!

Read more: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/books/i...#ixzz4FD9HqL7O