The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Ledgie

Thanks so much for sharing, they are wonderful pics!!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^……….. great pics from a wonderful show!

I caught both nights in Chicago. Given some of the comments posted elsewhere from ‘knowledgeable fans’, I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. However on the evidence of what I and others saw, Fleetwood Mac is not in terminal decline. Both were superb shows, the band sounds fantastic and if you have bought tickets already for other shows, you wont be disappointed.

The first night in Chicago was best I thought. That was down to the audience. There seemed to be a lot more people there who really knew the songs and from the off were joining in. The vocals were better on night two but the enthusiasm of the crowd made the difference to me.

I am a huge fan of Lindsey and certainly the energy seemed to lift when he got in his stride. The performances of Go Insane and then later with Oh Well were both brilliant and manic. The second night I paid more attention to his playing on Stevie’s songs. A highlight of mine from the Dance, is that wonderful thing he does when Christine gets to the end of a line in the verses to Over My Head – he sort of ‘plucks’ the guitar strings – I love it. He was doing that during Sara and occasionally the screen cut away from Stevie to Linds and you could see him doing that. It is really wonderful watching him play. He looks more comfortable on the stage and I’m sure that is because he has just completed a solo tour and is still in the live show groove.

Stevie was great. She absolutely nailed her major songs and she must have loved hearing everyone singing along. And the response at the end of Stand back made her laugh. Despite Dreams being played for what seems like forever, everyone went mad when Mick and John kicked into the intro for it. And then Sara, probably the best track the BN FM ever recorded in my opinion and I was quite mesmerised listening to it. It is a beautiful song and we got a worthy interpretation of it.

Just a couple of negatives, aside from the venue which couldn’t be helped. SYLM works really well in the choruses but god the verses got murdered. They need to think about it again. Personally I think Hold Me would be better in that slot. And finally, World Turning ……………….. I don’t like drum solos!

I was in a group of 23 the first night and about half hadn’t seen the band before. Everyone had a great time and the set list definitely works for the non hardcore fans I think.

W
Old 03-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post
x2. You guys have no idea how much I looked forward to coming home from work everyday this week to see all the pics and videos.
Everybody goes to so so much effort and it doesn't go unnoticed, believe me.
No other fan-base in the world would do this.
Best fans in the world, they don't know just how lucky they are.
Thanks again!
.......and this is what this board is meant to be.........

Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post

I second that motion!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The photo with Stevie and Lindsey in the center and holding hands was right after they came out for the first encore. Security did let the first two (guessing here) rows come up. It was weird, before then even us front row people were not allowed to be at the stage, which in the end turned out to be fine since it was really high. I kind of hurt my neck looking up and around when I was standing there. Eeek! Alicia, I was looking around for you too, but since I was on the other side obviously had the same problem.

Stew, I'm glad you had a good time. The woman sitting next to me was an Iraq vet who was going to meet Stevie after the show. She was so excited. I'm glad Stevie does things like that. Plus she bought me a beer. Go Army! I also met another woman who had never seen the Mac before, and she was blown away. Particularly by Lindsey. Then there were two people sitting next to me who didn't get up the whole time. Lindsey looked perplexed.

I promise to get on the you tube stuff. I've got Silver Springs, some Oh Well, Say You Love Me, Storms, and Gypsy.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Lindsey did a great job with Oh Well and generally seemed to be having a really good time. He mentioned his wife and kids were in attendance, and I'm sure that made him happy.
I wondered about Lindsey's kids. Even though Will and Lee Lee were alive, they probably don't remember SYW. I wondered what they would think seeing their Dad play such a big venue. It's a different experience from the solo shows they've seen. Must be exciting.

You got some great photos. I love when there are a series of shots, just seconds apart from each other like that. They capture a moment.

Stevie is sure smiley in these shows. I think that's what we all wanted.

Thank you.

Michele
Old 03-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post
http://picasaweb.google.com/ErinE.Br...51893741150306

Johns face is so funny in this! What a photo! ..possibly my favourite of what people have posted so far. Gotta love Micks antics...
Does John think they are crazy or is he quite impervious to them by now? Of course, he had his day. I'm sure he put on quite a show for his bandmates when he was drinking. He doesn't even remember most of that now.

It's funny to wonder if he asks, "are you daff?" often or if their zaniness now seems "normal" to him.

Michele
Old 03-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
I was in a group of 23 the first night and about half hadn’t seen the band before. Everyone had a great time and the set list definitely works for the non hardcore fans I think.

W
I agree with you about SYLM. The chorus thrills me. The verses? I don't know. Maybe they should sing all of them together or something.

Well, being with such a large group and witnessing their reaction is the real test. We're all besotted, but the casual fan seems to have much the same reaction as we do. That says something.

Michele
Old 03-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a link to my pics, which aren't as good as Alicia's, but I tried!

http://picasaweb.google.com/ErinE.Br...acChicago3609#[/QUOTE]

Your pictures came out great Erin!
Old 03-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And for me, that's just what it is.

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Junior Ledgie

Very cool pictures!! And I really adore the one's of Stevie and Lindsey before the Encore and the final shots of all of them together! Especially when they seem to be in motion!!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stand Back from last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmPypVKG4xs
Old 03-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
The woman sitting next to me was an Iraq vet who was going to meet Stevie after the show. She was so excited. I'm glad Stevie does things like that. Plus she bought me a beer. Go Army!
On the first night cos we were a large group, we were able to book two adjoining boxes off the first floor. Next to us were a group of four soldiers and their families. Stevie, dog and entourage came up about an hour or so before the show to meet them. There was one guy, 19/20 maybe, he had lost his legs and maybe part of an arm. Stevie spent ages with what I assume were his parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelej1
Well, being with such a large group and witnessing their reaction is the real test. We're all besotted, but the casual fan seems to have much the same reaction as we do. That says something.
Yeah, I think we forget just how good they are. I tend to find the acoustic Big Love a bit routine now but the reaction from people who hadn't heard it before was astonishing, and I guess that's how I felt many years ago. When we got to dinner afterwards, that track together with Dreams, Standback, Landslide & Oh Well were the main talking points. It was funny being in the venue though and each time a song started, friends turned 'round and said ...oh I know this one!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All my videos are now on You Tube:

Gypsy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-_QbtIOLc

Sara: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvqFVbu_iDo

Storms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TTZBq2cTQ0

Say you Love me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1hYehCMWs

Oh Well (bit 1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHz4fhgrX3s

Oh Well (bit 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5T9ynTEOg4

Silver Springs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ov3dOYMjPY (At this point not processed but should be up soon!)
Old 03-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Absolutely! Thanks SOOO much not only to Erin, but to everyone so far who has shared their reviews and pictures and videos with us! It's awesome, as it makes me feel like I was right there with you all!

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....