User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I can't believe I'm gonna' say this, but I'm glad she left. I wasn't initially, but Say You Will was the most interesting FM record since Tusk, and In the Meantime was among Christine's best music of her entire career. Everyone seemed to benefit--at least on the records--from this new configuration: Stevie and Lindsey had more space to stretch and experiment, not always successfully; and Christine had a chance to prove to the world--and herself--that an entire record of her songs could be as exciting and rewarding as any MAC blockbuster of yore.
Prove to the world ..I'd be surprised if the total worldwide sales of ITM broke 50.000. some excellent songs that were heard by only a few. SYW is a good album with some real highlights as well but I think if Christine had been fully involved it could have been a classic .IMO the Rumours lineup could literally drop another Rumours tomorrow and it would get very little airplay as terrible as that may seem that is what the radio and recording bussiness has come down to.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't believe I'm gonna' say this, but I'm glad she left.
I was sorry she left initially but I was glad she was doing what she wanted and seemed happy with her new life. The last thing I would have wanted was her staying with the band out of some misplaced sense of duty or loyalty and going through the motions.

Now we've had ITM, and possibly another new album, where she can work at her own pace without all the band politics and just enjoy it.

Gail
Old 11-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I was sorry she left initially but I was glad she was doing what she wanted and seemed happy with her new life.
I realize my opinion is not shared by the vast majority of people who identity themselves as Fleetwood Mac fans, but of course I am glad Chris left FM. As a result of her leaving, 'In the Meantime' came into existence, and 'In the Meantime' is my favorite Fleetwood Mac-related work from the past three decades.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I realize my opinion is not shared by the vast majority of people who identity themselves as Fleetwood Mac fans, but of course I am glad Chris left FM. As a result of her leaving, 'In the Meantime' came into existence, and 'In the Meantime' is my favorite Fleetwood Mac-related work from the past three decades.
Even moreso than Tusk?!!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Mick's voice has not changed at all. It's still beautiful.

I agree that Christine's vocal interpretation of Calumny is what makes it so great, but I also think that about Northern Star. Casting stones, throwing bones. She sounds weary, yearning, and there's an aged knowledge in the way she turns the phrases.

Michele
I too noticed how she used anguish in some of her tunes.... he just slips the noose... tight around my heart... (excellent phrasing)
Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn't have said this better myself.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 PM

I'm really really excited...
Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I couldn't have said this better myself.
I'm pleased to have your agreement.

As for "Calumny," I completely agree with the posters who are praising her vocals on that song. It's one of her best vocal performances, ever. It proves she could have a career as a torch singer if she wanted it.

I just wish she'd recorded that song with grand piano accompaniment (think "Songbird"). There's nothing wrong with the arrangement as it is, but I think it would have been spectacular with a piano accompaniment.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I'm pleased to have your agreement.

As for "Calumny," I completely agree with the posters who are praising her vocals on that song. It's one of her best vocal performances, ever. It proves she could have a career as a torch singer if she wanted it.

I just wish she'd recorded that song with grand piano accompaniment (think "Songbird"). There's nothing wrong with the arrangement as it is, but I think it would have been spectacular with a piano accompaniment.
I love the guitar arrangement... It's adds a sparkle to this song... and I agree here vocals were beautiful here...
Old 11-25-2008, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just looking at this Rock Village interview Chris gave in 1998 and thinking that's exactly why I am owed a farewell.

She said, when asked if they would stay together after the tour:

Quote:
You can only speculate, really. We're taking it one step at a time. We don't really know ourselves yet. We're not taking any note of the managers or record companies or anything. We're concentrating on the five of us at the moment and seeing how we enjoy ourselves. We're doing this for each other and obviously doing it for a lot of fans. It's a coming together and a celebration. We can at least, at the end of this tour, kind of hug each other and put some positive closure to the last 20 years of what has been seeming hell and also the most uproariously wonderful times, too. But this way it's going to be a positive closure. And who knows? It may not be a closure.
I did not know it was the end. She didn't goodbye me. So, I'm all for her being at peace and happy, I suppose (really, their happiness isn't that important to me, when it conflicts with my own) but I want a one off concert finale. That's all I ask.

Michele
Old 11-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I did not know it was the end. She didn't goodbye me. So, I'm all for her being at peace and happy, I suppose (really, their happiness isn't that important to me, when it conflicts with my own) but I want a one off concert finale. That's all I ask.
I want Christine to relive her Rumours Touring. But as John Stewart taught us: "You can't go back to Kansas.

Because that was ... yesterday ..."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm really really excited...
'Bout what?!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
'Bout what?!
The FM US Festival Bootlegs of course!!! lol
Old 11-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Questioning the site's data is legitimate, I think. But usually, they are rather reliable when it comes to new release info. Still, they did include in their list the albums "Long Road Out Of Eden" by the Eagles long before it was called that, and "Chinese Democracy" by Guns N Roses long before that came out. So their estimation for a release date should remain questionable.

Back then, they knew about "In the Meantime" at just the right moment to believe that they are accurate again now. Still, I'd like to know what their source for this info is.

Thanks for pointing us towards the rumor anyway.
What else to expect from a site which is largely about Rumors?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just wish that the Rumours band would get back together and create some new music. Why does it have to be conditional on touring? It really makes no sense to me. But I'll relish another solo gift from Christine, "in the meantime". I love her!!