Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Richard Dashut Health

I used the Search function here and couldn't find any threads with the answer to my question. I'm obviously behind a little, but does anyone know what has stricken Richard Dashut? I've read through the posts on his Facebook page but couldn't tell and I haven't used Twitter in years, so that won't be of help. Sometimes I'm not a good fisher of answers. I feel bad now. I've been rereading Ken's book on the making of Rumours and the way he talks about Richard just cracks me up. It was a shock to see the recent pictures of Richard. I just want to hug him now, but will settle for sending up prayers. Thanks for any info.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
I used the Search function here and couldn't find any threads with the answer to my question. I'm obviously behind a little, but does anyone know what has stricken Richard Dashut? I've read through the posts on his Facebook page but couldn't tell and I haven't used Twitter in years, so that won't be of help. Sometimes I'm not a good fisher of answers. I feel bad now. I've been rereading Ken's book on the making of Rumours and the way he talks about Richard just cracks me up. It was a shock to see the recent pictures of Richard. I just want to hug him now, but will settle for sending up prayers. Thanks for any info.
dunno if there's something more recent, but he at some point had been in a particularly bad car crash that left him in a lot of pain and possibly with some mobility issues. He often uses a cane. Maybe someone else knows more.
Old 12-26-2019, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He was in a wheelchair at that last FM show.

Idk if the car wreck was the cause of all his health issues or not...

Too bad it didn't happen to someone mean, instead.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

[QUOTE=HomerMcvie;1255391]He was in a wheelchair at that last FM show.

Lots of people want to hurl tambourines at you.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Macfan4life;1255396]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
He was in a wheelchair at that last FM show.

Lots of people want to hurl tambourines at you.
I fear not their wrath.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I get a sense of the unsung hero about him. He seems almost like the exact opposite of Ken, personality-wise. Richard has put in so many years with this band, you would think if he hadn't developed a massively thick skin in that time, he would have been out long ago, but I understand that feeling of the need to stick with something you may not entirely love because you need that bread and butter. At any rate, it doesn't look like he's going to write a book and that it was a struggle making that decision, while Ken is busy writing his second one. Makes me wonder if Richard is also struggling financially. Anyway, it's just sad to see this happen to someone who was so much the fabric of Mac's very long heyday. I won't speculate on how the band has been treating him... would likely be a big can of worms that doesn't need to be opened up.

Richard if you are out there, know you are much loved by the fans. We hope for the best for you and don't hesitate to put up a GoFundMe if you need to.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get a sense of the unsung hero about him. He seems almost like the exact opposite of Ken, personality-wise. Richard has put in so many years with this band, you would think if he hadn't developed a massively thick skin in that time, he would have been out long ago, but I understand that feeling of the need to stick with something you may not entirely love because you need that bread and butter. At any rate, it doesn't look like he's going to write a book and that it was a struggle making that decision, while Ken is busy writing his second one. Makes me wonder if Richard is also struggling financially. Anyway, it's just sad to see this happen to someone who was so much the fabric of Mac's very long heyday. I won't speculate on how the band has been treating him... would likely be a big can of worms that doesn't need to be opened up.

Richard if you are out there, know you are much loved by the fans. We hope for the best for you and don't hesitate to put up a GoFundMe if you need to.
this post seems to go on a very old info?

Ken has already written his 2nd book and it's available now. Richard has changed his mind and decided to write a book after all.

Richard seems to have a lot of health -related problems, but as one of the 2 producers of Rumours, somehow i doubt that money would be his problem. he also always states that money-wise he's been extremely lucky and well set and is happy to give something back to a larger FM community.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this post seems to go on a very old info?

Ken has already written his 2nd book and it's available now. Richard has changed his mind and decided to write a book after all.

Richard seems to have a lot of health -related problems, but as one of the 2 producers of Rumours, somehow i doubt that money would be his problem. he also always states that money-wise he's been extremely lucky and well set and is happy to give something back to a larger FM community.
Yep, go back and read my first post again. The part about being behind and not being the best Searcher. I’m curious where you got your info about Richard writing a book. From what I could tell from his Facebook page that he’s been updating regularly, it seemed to me there’s a good chance it won’t get written due to a Yesman comment. Good to know he’s not having money problems. The health issues are unfortunate. I hope he finds an uncompromising but satisfying outlet.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Anyway, it's just sad to see this happen to someone who was so much the fabric of Mac's very long heyday. I won't speculate on how the band has been treating him... would likely be a big can of worms that doesn't need to be opened up.
That can of worms about how shabbily the Mac treats cast out members of their inner circle has been opened .Look at Judy Wong who asked the band for help as she died penniless and alone in L.A.. It was a week before someone found the body FFS.Then of course there is Bob Welch and last but not least Lindsey.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
That can of worms about how shabbily the Mac treats cast out members of their inner circle has been opened .Look at Judy Wong who asked the band for help as she died penniless and alone in L.A.. It was a week before someone found the body FFS.Then of course there is Bob Welch and last but not least Lindsey.
Gahhh!!! Perhaps I've been away longer than I'd imagined. I knew about Bob's treatment towards the tragic end of his life and that's about when I decided to try and bow out of the whole FM fan thing... and knew of sketchy details of Lindsey's departure. Now I'm left wondering if this is a common thing for bands to do as time goes on? How are the cast out members of Journey treated? Tough business man. Kill or be killed.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, go back and read my first post again. The part about being behind and not being the best Searcher. I’m curious where you got your info about Richard writing a book. From what I could tell from his Facebook page that he’s been updating regularly, it seemed to me there’s a good chance it won’t get written due to a Yesman comment. Good to know he’s not having money problems. The health issues are unfortunate. I hope he finds an uncompromising but satisfying outlet.
No. His latest posts(that I've read, anyway) indicate that he wants to continue writing the book.

But he's such a sensitive soul, that who knows if it will ever see the light of day. I hope it does, though.