User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'd give Mick some credit for being a bit more savvy about saying anything about Stevie now- he's not always the brightest but he'd be aware about not doing anything to p!ss Stevie off now.
I agree. However, sharing anecdotes about Stevie is not the same as gossip. For example, if Stephen Davis asked Mick "did Stevie seem nervous when you guys were filmed during the Dance concert?" He would probably share that she messed up the lyrics a few time during Dreams, and then add more info about that, the kind of info that only someone who was there would provide. I'm certainly not expecting Mick to share anything scandalous about Stevie that would piss her off. Good, entertaining biographies don't have to be all about scandals. That's all.

I love hearing other people's perspectives or viewpoints. Lord knows we're never going to get Stevie's in book form! Could you imagine an autobiography by Stevie? It would be a thousand pages, due to all the . . . on the pages! "He walked in. . . and back out. . . of my life. . . before I could say. . . goodbye. . . goodbye. . ."
Old 04-17-2017, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. I've actually never read the Zoe Howe book, but I may give this one a shot.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. I've actually never read the Zoe Howe book, but I may give this one a shot.

I'm not a Stevie expert so I was in no position to notice minor mistakes. I found it an interesting and engaging book to read. Her style comes across as rather cynical at times but I didn't mind that. I wouldn't personally compare her writing style to CAH. Its clear Zoe Howe is a professional writer. If you've read a lot of other SN/FM related books though you might find it annoying as she's largely mined her material from other books and news articles so you'll get a sense of deja vu.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Interesting
Mick's last book was so disappointing. Nothing new to report. He never mentioned the fight about Silver Springs or Stevie's klonopin addiction. He barely even mentioned Rick and Billy and the post Lindsey years were about one page.
At least his first book did reveal interesting things. I loved the story of the stalker woman who hunted him down for years and finally found him. It was scary but also funny.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Came across it on Amazon. Called Gold Dust Woman: A Biography of Stevie Nicks. Written by Stephen Davis, who co-wrote Mick Fleetwood's autobiography. It's out on Nov. 21, 2017.

I had no idea this was being written, and I'm intrigued that Stephen Davis is writing it. I imagine Mick would have spoken to him and provided info that he wouldn't otherwise have access to. I wonder how Stevie will react, since she supposedly was unhappy with Mick's book, which was more than complimentary to her. Mick better hurry up and schedule those concert dates real fast and get Stevie's signature on those contracts before November!
This was supposed to come out in 2014 I think. I wonder if it will be delayed yet again.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:52 AM

Autumn under the covers: Ten great new books to snuggle up with as the nights draw in

Stevie Nicks

Gold Dust Woman: The Biography Of Stevie Nicks by Stephen Davis

Unauthorised biography by the author of the notorious Led Zeppelin book Hammer Of The Gods. It promises to shed new light on the Fleetwood Mac star’s addictions, affairs and turbulent times, both with the band and as a solo artist.

Nov 21, St Martin’s Press, £21.54

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/even...#ixzz4taXkcnhh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really looking forward to this. I hope we can get some stories about the recordings of Tango, the post-Lindsey era FM albums, Rock a Little, OSOTM, Street Angel, and the Dallas Austin recordings that never made it on to Trouble in Shangri-La. I wonder if any of her producers talked to the author. Greg Ladanyi and Glynn Johns are both dead, and I doubt Jimmy Iovine or Rick Nowels were cooperative. Guess we'll find out Nov. 21.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to this. I hope we can get some stories about the recordings of Tango, the post-Lindsey era FM albums, Rock a Little, OSOTH, Street Angel, and the Dallas Austin recordings that never made it on to Trouble in Shangri-La. I wonder if any of her producers talked to the author. Greg Ladanyi and Glynn Johns are both dead, and I doubt Jimmy Iovine or Rick Nowels were cooperative. Guess we'll find out Nov. 21.
Oh, I am for sure buying this one!
Old 09-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Glynn Johns are both dead.
That is going to come as a surprise to him.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can't wait to see her response to it. So far, if it's really in the pipeline, neither she nor anyone in her camp has publicly acknowledged it.

Any bets on whether she slams it publicly or lets it quietly go by without giving it any publicity by talking about it?

I just really doubt whether he'll get anything from anyone who is still around her and wants to stay there. She makes it pretty clear she wants her image to be what she decides it is.