The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That really was a very interesting article. It was great to read. Thank you! I wish we knew more about what had happened to Richard. I really hope he is ok, he was such a kind and generous soul from what I could tell.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting... Great interview! I love how Richard makes friends with Lindsey, Stevie, and Ken by smoking joints with them.

He seems a little jaded and bitter, even then. I'm surprised that Richard was so inexperienced when he started with Fleetwood Mac, since he seems so wise and organized these days!

Very interesting to read about Stevie's physical condition in contrast to now, when Stevie's so engaged and in shape vocally...
Old 12-20-2016, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard was at Stevie's show in Vegas Saturday night. She gave a shout-out to him during the introduction of "Crying in the Night." I didn't see him, but I did see a picture of him, Waddy, and Mary Torrey-DeVitto that Mary posted on Facebook yesterday. He looked good, and very happy.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The good news is Richard is active on Twitter again.
https://twitter.com/RichardDashut

Nothing on The Penguins Tale but good to know he is well.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The good news is Richard is active on Twitter again.
https://twitter.com/RichardDashut

Nothing on The Penguins Tale but good to know he is well.

Will someone ask him how his reunion with Fleetwood Mac was during their 2014-2015 tour?
Old 02-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Will someone ask him how his reunion with Fleetwood Mac was during their 2014-2015 tour?
He got asked that on his other blog although I'm not sure if he was talking about the 2013 tour or the 2014/2015 tour. I don't remember exactly what he said but he mentioned something about how he usually didn't like going to see them because of the entourage but he went because Mick told him it would be more quiet and it ended up being a really good experience. He said he knew he had to get over whatever he may have been upset about with them and especially with Lindsey since he was the closest to him. And he mentioned that Stevie told a lot of old stories about when they lived together and that he was surprised to see her so happy.

I've always been curious about what happened that made him fall out of touch with the band for so long. Especially he and Lindsey were bffs for like 20 years. Someone asked him once about what Ken said Lindsey not paying him and he said that wasn't true at all (and that LB was actually very generous) and that even he doesn't really understand what happened but it had nothing to do with money. He was still close with LB during the OOTC era but he one time said that the making of the Time album was during one of the darkest periods in his life so I assume something happened to him around then? I never sent him a message asking about it because it seemed too personal and I even feel kind of bad speculating but I'm just curious.

However I follow Stacy's twitter and she said that Mick and Lindsey still text and talk to him every now and then. Apparently Mick uses a lot of emojis and Lindsey doesn't use them at all
Old 02-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Dashut's blog, Twitter page, are full of words of love and admiration for Lindsey (" his mentor"), Stevie, the band, so I can not stop myself from asking what happened. The man has a special place in his heart (as it should be) and is proud of what that group of people was able to accomplish; sometimes reading through his words it seems he's not totally in peace with the past. There's some kind of "baggage" there.

" Mi dicono alla radio statti calmo statti buono,
non esser scalmanato stai tranquillo e fatti uomo,
ma io con la mia guerra voglio andare sempre avanti,
e costi quel che costi la vincerò non ci son santi. "
Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 AM

I kept forgettng to post about it, but a while ago I discovered that Richard is active again on his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/richarddashut
Old 06-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I kept forgettng to post about it, but a while ago I discovered that Richard is active again on his Twitter page: https://twitter.com/richarddashut

Well, he was until he stopped 9 days ago.
BTW, I find it strange he doesn't seem to have made any mention of the Buckingham McVie album.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-16-2017, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, he was until he stopped 9 days ago.
BTW, I find it strange he doesn't seem to have made any mention of the Buckingham McVie album.
He has mentioned it, I've been following him for a while now and I'm almost 100% sure I either saw him refer to it or answer a message about it.
And I wouldn't make anything of him not tweeting over a couple of days, he did that a few times before.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
He has mentioned it, I've been following him for a while now and I'm almost 100% sure I either saw him refer to it or answer a message about it.
And I wouldn't make anything of him not tweeting over a couple of days, he did that a few times before.

Nope. Check again. He may have made a comment way back but nothing in recent months and certainly no comment since its release. Isn't that weird?
No tweets either since its release. Emotional for him perhaps???

Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. Check again. He may have made a comment way back but nothing in recent months and certainly no comment since its release. Isn't that weird?
No tweets either since its release. Emotional for him perhaps???
It was this https://twitter.com/richarddashut/st...74702968438784
And I still wouldn't think much of it. He's kind of...eccentric I think and probably like you said emotional type of person.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was this https://twitter.com/richarddashut/st...74702968438784
And I still wouldn't think much of it. He's kind of...eccentric I think and probably like you said emotional type of person.
his comment suggests that he like many of us thinks it's hard to hear Christine much at all on In My World.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
his comment suggests that he like many of us thinks it's hard to hear Christine much at all on In My World.
I wouldn't call it a suggestion, I think he's pretty outwardly stating that and it's true, might as well be a solo song. But now we've heard the whole album and Christine is obviously there so I can get over that. Plus I think people had the wrong impression of this album, that it would be actual duets. It's more like how the Buckingham Nicks album is a duet.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't call it a suggestion, I think he's pretty outwardly stating that and it's true, might as well be a solo song. But now we've heard the whole album and Christine is obviously there so I can get over that. Plus I think people had the wrong impression of this album, that it would be actual duets. It's more like how the Buckingham Nicks album is a duet.

The term duet is a bit misleading as relates to this project. I think the term was used because it was just the two of them on the record not the three singers. A duet album would be both singers sharing LEAD vocals on all tracks.