Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Mick Confirms On Stage - Christine to Rejoin Band

Mick announced on stage tonight in Maui while he was playing at Uncle Willie K's Blues Festival that Christine is rejoining the band. Exact words were "This is the worst kept secret there is, but Christine McVie will be rejoining Fleetwood Mac!"

It was right after Willie did an acoustic rendition of Songbird with Mick on the talking drum.

Was a great performance. Mick played starting with that song, and then Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top came out. Mick played with Willie, Billy and the band for 5-6 songs after that. Was a PHENOMENAL night of blues. Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers also joined them.

Glad I accidentally had a vacation in Maui right now
Old 01-12-2014, 03:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsrain View Post
Mick announced on stage tonight in Maui while he was playing at Uncle Willie K's Blues Festival that Christine is rejoining the band. Exact words were "This is the worst kept secret there is, but Christine McVie will be rejoining Fleetwood Mac!"

It was right after Willie did an acoustic rendition of Songbird with Mick on the talking drum.

Was a great performance. Mick played starting with that song, and then Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top came out. Mick played with Willie, Billy and the band for 5-6 songs after that. Was a PHENOMENAL night of blues. Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers also joined them.

OMG Wow

Thanks for the update!!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

YESSSSSSS!!!!

This has been a great night into morning! First, my Patriots take out the Colts, and now my favorite member of Fleetwood Mac returns!!! ^_^ ^_^
Old 01-12-2014, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I actually let out some sort of scream when I read this.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Ledgie

Holy **** I am so excited.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

That is amazing news!!!! What a day!!! So excited!!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 AM

I have to go back and read all the things that I had said I would eat if this happened. I'm going to get awful fat.

Thanks for sharing, it's truly a blessed day!!
Old 01-12-2014, 07:56 AM
Ledgie

Best news ever! I'm gonna be blasting Christine songs all day!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I have to go back and read all the things that I had said I would eat if this happened. I'm going to get awful fat.

I think I might have to eat my hat.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
Best news ever! I'm gonna be blasting Christine songs all day!!!!
I personally think today needs to be a Christine McVie appreciation day.... photos, quotes, videos, music etc etc. A celebration of all things Christine
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Ledgie

This news has depressed me slightly. It makes my experience at the 02 in last September feel less unique.

Mind you, if they get a new album out of it I suppose that's something. Not that I'm all too keen on the idea of a new album but still.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
This news has depressed me slightly. It makes my experience at the 02 in last September feel less unique.

Mind you, if they get a new album out of it I suppose that's something. Not that I'm all too keen on the idea of a new album but still.
I know what you mean, but I have a feeling there will be studio music from this new reunion. Plus, what we saw at the O2 is still unique - she hadn't performed with them for 15 years and it was an awesome atmosphere. I won't forget how deafening the applause was, or how good Don't Stop sounded.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I know what you mean, but I have a feeling there will be studio music from this new reunion. Plus, what we saw at the O2 is still unique - she hadn't performed with them for 15 years and it was an awesome atmosphere. I won't forget how deafening the applause was, or how good Don't Stop sounded.
Yeah man. Thing is, now she's back with them they'll probably start performing "Everywhere" again. They didn't perform that one at the 02 and I was slightly dissapointed (although I did know beforehand that they wouldn't be doing it). I know not everyone likes that song - but it's the first FM song I can remember hearing on the radio when I was 9.

I'm not going to put myself through trying to get tickets to see them again. Just do not need the hassle. Sometimes it's best just to count yourself lucky that you managed it in the first place and not try to get greedy.

If I hear that they start doing that jam again on live gigs, and there's a strong possibility I'll never see it... I'm gonna be pretty p o'd.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope this is the one time we don't have to take what Mick says with a grain of salt. Great news and this would actually get me out to a concert again as long as some new material made it on to the set list and Rumours got the long overdue trimming to 3-4 songs. (In your dreams
Old 01-12-2014, 09:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I personally think today needs to be a Christine McVie appreciation day.... photos, quotes, videos, music etc etc. A celebration of all things Christine
Now that's an idea! I'm gonna put some flowers by my poster of Chris and just bask in her glory!