The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How are YOU getting your tickets?
Through Mick's website/fan club 2 4.44%
A Ticket Broker 9 20.00%
Ebay 1 2.22%
The best I can from TicketBastard 26 57.78%
I'm not going to a FM concert this time... 7 15.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question How are YOU getting tickets for the upcoming Mac tour?

Just curious...

~Alex

Old 02-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default The lesser of those evils...

God, I never thought TicketBastard would be the less evil choice over anything!

I'm going to try my luck w/ them. It's worked pretty well in the past, but this past weekend, I had some trouble getting some tickets for my sister. They've totally revamped the way to get tickets since the last time I did it. It was a mess..."fill in this secret word" "you are queued in line" "your order could not be processed" "error...error". It was horrible, although I ended up getting her decent seats. If it's like that when FMac tickets go on sale, I'll have a coronary.

I refuse to spend the money on brokers anymore. I've been to the front, and it was incredible, but if I can't get that close again, I'll live with it. It's not worth that much money.

I also don't plan on joining the overpriced fan club just to get tickets. I don't want to give Mick any more money than I have to right now.

I guess Ebay wouldn't be too bad of a choice. It's just a matter of trusting that someone isn't ripping you off, and with that kinda money, it's too risky for me. As bad as brokers are, at least they are a legitimate business.

As for not going to a show - I've waited too damn long not to. But I have to admit, after the past weekend's shenanigans, I may not be going to as many shows as I had originally intended to. Mick's whole meet and greet scheme has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Say You Will better knock me on my ass.

Mike B
Old 02-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I have to wait to see if they will come to the UK first but then it will most likely be Ticketbastard

Pip
Old 02-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure yet...I'm a bit disenchanted with the Mac at the moment..which i suppose if unfair given that crap only came from Mick's board..but it does put a damper on things...but...when i do get tickets i will either go with ticketbastard or a broker.

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 02-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I used a broker for McCartney...but paid WAY too much money, so I will just be hoping for the best from Ticketbastards...I don't care what kind of seats I have as long as I get on in the arena...I do own a nice set of binoculars
Old 02-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, since I'm going to be scrounging to try to come up with the money ANYway, I'll be hoping for the best through Ticketbastard, too. I was hoping to be able to save up some money in order to make *sure* I could get great seats, but... oh well. I've done pretty well with Ticketmaster in the past (fourth row for the Dance and eleventh row for TISL), so hopefully it'll be okay this time. I still plan on going to at least three shows...I agree with Mike B, I've waited too damned long to not go at all...but I refuse to join Mick's fanclub or (even if I had it) pay $1100 to "guarantee" me decent(?) seats.

I've got a pretty good pair of binoculars, too. lol.

~Angela~
Old 02-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ok...who or what are Ticketbastard? Are they online?
Old 02-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe TicketBastard is slang for Ticketmaster....Thats what I'll be using.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DUH....

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa1769
I believe TicketBastard is slang for Ticketmaster....Thats what I'll be using.
...Well...don't I feel silly!
Old 02-10-2003, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dad.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I put down Ticketmaster...but I agree with the sentiments about this whole 'meet and greet' crap leaving a bad taste. If they don't get to Cincy, and as of right now it's not scheduled, I don't think I'll even make the extra effort to drive out of town to see them. I could have easily gotten to Columbus, Indy, Pittsburgh, Nashville, and Chicago but I'm pretty bummed with the Mac right now. Maybe I'll just wait for the concert to come out on video?!

Joe
Old 02-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ya ever get the feeling that sometimes it is a bad thing to know so much about a band?
Old 02-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: The lesser of those evils...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike B
God, I never thought TicketBastard would be the less evil choice over anything!

I'm going to try my luck w/ them. It's worked pretty well in the past, but this past weekend, I had some trouble getting some tickets for my sister. They've totally revamped the way to get tickets since the last time I did it. It was a mess..."fill in this secret word" "you are queued in line" "your order could not be processed" "error...error". It was horrible, although I ended up getting her decent seats. If it's like that when FMac tickets go on sale, I'll have a coronary.

I refuse to spend the money on brokers anymore. I've been to the front, and it was incredible, but if I can't get that close again, I'll live with it. It's not worth that much money.

I also don't plan on joining the overpriced fan club just to get tickets. I don't want to give Mick any more money than I have to right now.

I guess Ebay wouldn't be too bad of a choice. It's just a matter of trusting that someone isn't ripping you off, and with that kinda money, it's too risky for me. As bad as brokers are, at least they are a legitimate business.

As for not going to a show - I've waited too damn long not to. But I have to admit, after the past weekend's shenanigans, I may not be going to as many shows as I had originally intended to. Mick's whole meet and greet scheme has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Say You Will better knock me on my ass.

Mike B
I agree Mike, who would have thought "Tikit'bastit"?.
would be the lesser of many evils. I have had good and bad experiences with them. It depends on how many shows I will be going to. I am going to see whatever I can get and try for better seats closer to the show. I don't trust a broker OR Ebay for the simple reason what happens if the show is cancelled? I doubt you would get your $$ back. If the Mac cancels (like they ever would) you might be SOL.
I agree I have waited to long to see this tour and I am not going to let any thing negative stop me.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Alex there's a missing poll option:
- "I'm a trans-Pacific shmuck!"
(fingers crossed anyway )
Old 02-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A couple of the places that they might play in London sell the tickets directly at the location, and I'm hoping this will be the case so I can be first in the queue and get some really decent seats.

Failing that, it will have to be through Ticketbastard.