The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

omg, I 've never seen these before. I think Stevie is so pretty, with or without her stage get up on. I love this natural look. But it is kinda weird how at the Barnes and Noble signing, her face looks really smooth and more refreshed...not really pulled tight, but it does look firmer. Can makeup really work that kind of magic? Not that she NEEDS magic worked, cus she is beautiful no matter, but I'm just wondering....she looks so different between now and then.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I have waist length hair and I wish I could use rollers to give it some volume, but it's so slippy they just won't stay put!
Psst: Try Velcro rollers. The big ones are great for adding body, the smaller ones work best for adding curl. Love them and you don't need anything to keep them in--and they stay in until you want to take them out.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGirl15 View Post
I still think she's gorgeous, and I really like this picture, in particular. Something about her expression brings her back to the girl she was in the 70s.
You're so like me
Old 06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed. I love it too. Sometimes I look at her now and look at pictures from back in the 70s and it's kind of hard to think she is the same girl. But this, indeed, does remind me of some of the pics from the 70s. She just looks more natural and more relaxed. Gotta love Stevie.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
Agreed. I love it too. Sometimes I look at her now and look at pictures from back in the 70s and it's kind of hard to think she is the same girl. But this, indeed, does remind me of some of the pics from the 70s. She just looks more natural and more relaxed. Gotta love Stevie.
That's really interesting - I see what you mean too. She seems so different on stage today than she did in the 70s. But in these pics without make up you can still see that face she had in her twentys. It seems strange but she looks more like her younger self without makeup, than she does with makeup. Even at the same time she still looks younger with makeup - but not really how she used to look.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I still think she's gorgeous, and I really like this picture, in particular. Something about her expression brings her back to the girl she was in the 70s.
They are the same.

Great pictures.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So true, you said it just how I was thinking it. She does look like the younger her without makeup, but then again, makeup does help her look younger than 61...but all at the same time, she's just beautiful anyway. I'm 24, so I missed out on the 70s...and basically the 80s and didn't discover Stevie til the 90s, but I feel like I've been able to experience some of the 70s and 80s through pictures, concerts online, youtube, music, etc.

It's just really weird though, I can't say it enough. I can look at Lindsey and see the same Lindsey from like...Mirage or something, but it's hard to see the same Stevie that there was then and the one that there is now. I LOVE her to death, my all time favorite singer of all time, but I kinda am sad I missed the good ol days of exorcism "Rhiannon" performances and stuff, you know? And this is getting long...haha, BUT.....does anyone else wish that Stevie would kind of break loose in an interview or something? She always seems so serious, and sometimes she laughs, but I've seen videos and stuff on youtube of her in her younger days and she seemed a lot more talkative and more quick to make jokes, etc. She really is a mysterious one...that Stevie girl....