Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2005, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Gee isn't there mod's here AT ALL? I guess all poster bashing is allowed...oh well.
I'm here... but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to say to you regarding your racist and extremely offense "humour" regarding chitlins, pork rinds and watermelon.
Mr. Sharpton's ethnicity should have absolutely no bearing in this discussion whatsoever, and I'd suggest that your use of such offensive stereotypes damaged any credibility your argument may have had from the outset.

I will, however, ask that EVERYONE on all sides of the debate, refrain from making it personal.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I for one think its great that there is an opposing side for once on the ledge instead of the left vs. the other left

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking To quote a great 'fighter'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
you guys rock
named "Wimp-Lo" from the greatest Kung-Fu movie EVER "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist":

"I rock...And I roll..."!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I for one think its great that there is an opposing side for once on the ledge instead of the left vs. the other left
I agree, but I'm sort of alone...and Im made out to be an idiot! Whatever, but I wish I had more help...but I just do what I can to the best of my ability...I know I'm not the best political commentator, but I do my best.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I had Taco Bell once (we don't have them here, well even if we did that one time would still stand) and ended up in hospital. Not straight away mind you, after a few days the screams of agony drove my mother to *compassion*. A person can only regurgitate so many times before they start choking on their stomach lining.
Taco Hell is heinous - it's a sad horrible excuse for "Mexican food" - I've eaten there once in my life and that was one times too many
Old 02-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I'm here... but I'm still trying to figure out exactly what to say to you regarding your racist and extremely offense "humour" regarding chitlins, pork rinds and watermelon.
Mr. Sharpton's ethnicity should have absolutely no bearing in this discussion whatsoever, and I'd suggest that your use of such offensive stereotypes damaged any credibility your argument may have had from the outset.

I will, however, ask that EVERYONE on all sides of the debate, refrain from making it personal.
I guess you didn't watch the video then, because he MAKES IT A RACE ISSUE! I don't understand how, but he always seems to make everything a race issue.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree, but I'm sort of alone...and Im made out to be an idiot! Whatever, but I wish I had more help...but I just do what I can to the best of my ability...I know I'm not the best political commentator, but I do my best.
Okay - this is why we think that you may have some comprehension problems.

People here have repeatedly pointed out that it's the WAY in which you're arguing that is pissing people off....

Nancy and Alex and other conservatives on here have a way of intelligently discussing (not necessarily arguing) politics and these issues in a way that is not offensive to anyone - you have failed at that- you may want to look at your approach.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
No, they do not. They were protesting his treatment of animals, not his ****ty movie.

PETA is not a religious group.
I know they are not religous.

I guess I just have a different perseption of what PETA's goal was in the whole issue.

REALLY and TRULY I think the only reason they protested Mr. Gibson and his movie was to jump on the popularity train to get some exposure.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
named "Wimp-Lo" from the greatest Kung-Fu movie EVER "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist":

"I rock...And I roll..."!!!!
Is that the one with "toungie"? Ugh.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I'm up for any and all debate with "the opposing side," so long as racist and homophobic stereotypes aren't part of their rebuttal.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Okay - this is why we think that you may have some comprehension problems.

People here have repeatedly pointed out that it's the WAY in which you're arguing that is pissing people off....

Nancy and Alex and other conservatives on here have a way of intelligently discussing (not necessarily arguing) politics and these issues in a way that is not offensive to anyone - you have failed at that- you may want to look at your approach.
I'm offensive because I actually respond to the liberal stuff posted on this forum. I don't see much activity from the other conservative posters.

So they do it "intelligently" because they mostly keep quiet...but because I speak out I'm an idiot. WHATEVER?

And speaking of offensive, you guys can be offensive too...but I guess it's ok, cause you guys are all part of the "in crowd"...

Sometimes I do feel I just need to go back to the Christine section and stay where I'm welcomed..but..just can't do it.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
So? Why not?
Well, if a religous or right wing group were doing that same thing, you would look at it as insane and stupid Im sure. But a totaly useless organization like PETA...its "So? Why not?

Old 02-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry about that. my typing and spelling skills aren't the best.

But you don't have to use it to make me look like some kinda fool or something, excuse me for being human and making mistakes.
No, this has nothing to do with grammatical errors. What I meant is that the point you were attempting to prove made no sense.

For GOD sakes they are chickens not human beings. They are hear for well food...either eggs or meat. Like it or not, whatever...its a "brutal" honest fact. They are hear to provide food. Although I do support more sanitary ways of going about killing the chickens...sorry...but that DO have to be killed...in some form or another. Do you think they just magically appear in the box all nice, cooked, and brown?

Ding! Yes, they are chickens. But that does not mean that they are not living things. They may be here for food, but does that mean that they have to be tortured and mutilated before they're killed? That's some ****ed up logic.

PETA's main goal is not to get everyone to ban KFC but to become vegitarians...period! Its been their goal since they were formed.

Uh... no. From PETA's website-

Founded in 1980, PETA is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment.

Yes, they do make the point that they're not pro-meat. But look at the rest of what they said; They're not saying "BECOME A VEGITARIAN!)$*!@)$*!1!!", they're saying that animals deserve humane treatment and respect. You have no idea what they're about.

You can think whatever the hell you want to think, but research before implying this kind of stuff.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx
No, this has nothing to do with grammatical errors. What I meant is that the point you were attempting to prove made no sense.

For GOD sakes they are chickens not human beings. They are hear for well food...either eggs or meat. Like it or not, whatever...its a "brutal" honest fact. They are hear to provide food. Although I do support more sanitary ways of going about killing the chickens...sorry...but that DO have to be killed...in some form or another. Do you think they just magically appear in the box all nice, cooked, and brown?

Ding! Yes, they are chickens. But that does not mean that they are not living things. They may be here for food, but does that mean that they have to be tortured and mutilated before they're killed? That's some ****ed up logic.

PETA's main goal is not to get everyone to ban KFC but to become vegitarians...period! Its been their goal since they were formed.

Uh... no. From PETA's website-

Founded in 1980, PETA is dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals. PETA operates under the simple principle that animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, or use for entertainment.

Yes, they do make the point that they're not pro-meat. But look at the rest of what they said; They're not saying "BECOME A VEGITARIAN!)$*!@)$*!1!!", they're saying that animals deserve humane treatment and respect. You have no idea what they're about.

You can think whatever the hell you want to think, but research before implying this kind of stuff.
Any organization can claim one thing and be totaly different.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I guess you didn't watch the video then, because he MAKES IT A RACE ISSUE! I don't understand how, but he always seems to make everything a race issue.
He was merely appealing to the sensibilities of "his people." Anytime someone is trying to gain support for their causes, they always appeal to their own community first.

He wasn't making it a "race" issue... he wasn't pitting whites against blacks.
There IS a difference, and, frankly, I think it's a little scary that you can't see the difference.