Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2021, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Lindsey’s solo album was full of songs suggesting he was in love with her too and that his son’s conception changed things. So I’m not sure why anyone would criticize Stevie for the content of her songs then, when he was casting away dreams.
see i was thinking about this when i was writing about the content of that song. but - Stevie point blank said that those lines were about him. did Lindsey ever say that Cast Away Dreams was about SN? i know 90% of fans / shippers think that, and there are several discussions here on TL where i was analyzing it completely differently from most others - and it is entirely possible that i'm oblivious to what everyone else is seeing. i'm sure we can find these analyses and discussions, and most were disagreeing with me. Cast away dreams i always understood as casting away his dreams of a solo commercial success. he was dreaming about it with Cradle, and then with original GOS. and sitting on new music hoping for some good promotion or something. by the time UTS came around he decided pushing out new music was more important than trying to make it commercially successful. you all always told me - no he was dreaming of a renewed relationship with Stevie. last time he said anything about possible renewed relationship with her was during the dance interviews, right? Cast Away Drams was written when he was married, and he talked about writing it one night and singing it over the phone to his wife, telling her she was right about something they argued about. that's not point blank saying what the song is about. like with Thrown Down "the song is about YOU!". of course the interpretation is that thrown down is about the time of the Dance, before he was married. my whole point was that she is saying HE fell for HER again, not that they both fell for each other or that SHE fell again.

i always took less romantic and more practical way to interpret their bs. soap opera is nice to sell to fans, but underneath all that is a toxic rivalry and a naked wish for fame and success. much more cynical and less pretty than romantic doomed love that somehow can never be even though they were free and around each other for decades, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I feel the main thing is that Lindsey thought he had as much say in the band as she did. He thought he could argue back and force compromise when she didn’t agree. It doesn’t matter whether it was a tour schedule, a double album, a track list, an EP . . . She got tired of arguing with him about it. She got tired of the negotiations. She felt that if she wanted something her way, it should happen her way, without further discussion.

When you feel that way, you should be a solo artist. However she felt that because she is the main draw in Fleetwood Mac, she should make the decisions with her manager and the band should agree. And Lindsey would not stop resisting.
yes! that's what it was. he was still thinking he has a say in Mac, that it's still a democracy. that's why everyone else folded like a house of cards once she and Azoff managed to oust him. they knew what Azoff does. and she had him on her side. Stevie/Azoff joint recent statements made it completely clear, to anyone who was still confused - the 2 of them ousted Lindsey. and it's very possible that Stevie and Azoff would have Fleetwood Mac with just Stevie and bunch of other people if Mick or Christine or John tried to say no. but they should have said no anyway, instead of just "shut up and take the money." Steve here used to tell us over and over that Azoff will never get over that statement. and he was probably right.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-26-2021 at 08:38 PM..