User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Former Employee Of

February 28, 2010 at 3:47 am

These men are disgusting and mentally ill. Do not continue to support these bad people. “End of the Innocence” is a song about Don Henley as an old man, taking sexual advantage of a young girl, in a very bad intention. They write bad things in most of their songs, intending to harm people and present themselves as “clean.” Don Henley wrote Witchy Woman to clean the physical ugliness from Stevie Nicks, intending to dump her personal appearance problems with Don on the public in general. They are trying to make her a blonde so that they match very well as a couple.

http://christian-music.info/2010/02/...rom-melbourne/
Old 03-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sunday - I met up with a high school buddy of mine in Burbank, and we went to a cool little restaurant/bar called Fiamme (in Thousand Oaks) to see Jana Anderson and Sharon Celani perform. These two women are backup singers for Stevie Nicks, and they were nice enough to chat with us after the show and take a couple of pictures.

http://www.average-man.com/2009/08/best-week-ever.html
That is awesome! I <3 Sharona! She's made such a huge contribution to Stevie's career and is a star in her own wright. Ironically I had a dream last night that she died and I snuck into her funeral because Stevie was performing. Weird!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This is for you, Ruth

Having thoroughly stained England at last week’s NME Awards, Courtney Love has zipped down to Milan for Fashion Week, where she displayed might be her new trademark—garish headwear! Love sported a heavy bejeweled headband at the Vogue.it show Friday, green peacock plumage at last night’s Robert Cavalli show and the black seaweed above at the afterparty. If you ever wondered what Stevie Nicks’s corpse would look like slowly rising out of Crystal Lake in the world’s worst Friday The 13th remake, now you know.

Click on link for photo:

http://www.thefablife.com/2010-03-01...-fashion-week/
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Truthfully, there's not many people who would think of Bret Michaels and Miley Cyrus singing a song together.

Very few people would think of the two of us being together singing a song, and the fact that it came together so naturally was what made it great. There were no big management meetings, no big process. She was literally in the studio, we were working on Every Rose when she laid down the harmonies for the song. Here's one of the funny things, one of her favorite vocalists is Stevie Nicks. How ironic is that, because I had written and produced songs for Stevie Nicks before, and I said, "you know what's great about Stevie, is that we'd go into the studio, she got on the piano. I got on the guitar, we started playing the song, having fun," and that's the thing about Miley. The reason I believe she will truly be around for a long time and out-do a lot of her peers is because the girl grew up around music. She can play the guitar, she can sit down at the piano and play, and she writes a lot of beautiful stuff. She's very independent, and I love that. This song sounds great to me, and we ended up using almost all the stuff she cut. She really is a good singer, and she really nailed it.

http://news.popstar.com/Article/1603
Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I stopped listening to the Kingston Trio when John Stewart came on board. I couldn't bear to listen to his billy-goat vibrato. He seemed to be a good enough instrumentalist and songwriter; but I just couldn't take his voice. Some folks may recall his almost-a-hit, a song about a woman named Miranda or Melinda or something like that. I thought it was only in keeping with his irritating vocal style that someone who sounded a lot like Stevie Nicks, who also has that billy-goat vibrato, backed him up on it.

http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?thr...37&messages=11
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grayson Scott, founder and owner of Farm Box Music

Farm Box Music grew out of Scott's love of rock music. Formed just a year ago, they promote and produce shows in the Gettysburg, Hanover, and York area. Influenced by classic rock, Scott thought it was time to bring a different culture to these areas, allowing fans of rock to see shows without having to drive to Baltimore or Philadelphia.

Scott's passion for music took him to this year's Grammy Awards where he got backstage and met some of his music icons, such as Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks.

http://www.ydr.com/living/ci_14631434
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I stopped listening to the Kingston Trio when John Stewart came on board. I couldn't bear to listen to his billy-goat vibrato. He seemed to be a good enough instrumentalist and songwriter; but I just couldn't take his voice. Some folks may recall his almost-a-hit, a song about a woman named Miranda or Melinda or something like that. I thought it was only in keeping with his irritating vocal style that someone who sounded a lot like Stevie Nicks, who also has that billy-goat vibrato, backed him up on it.

http://www.mudcat.org/thread.cfm?thr...37&messages=11
I could be wrong, but I believe that is Stevie singing on Miranda. There is no question that she sang on Gold, which was also on the same album.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Survivor: Celebrity Edition 2 (Episode 7)?

This is where the Yahoo Community gets to decide who will win. This is fiction. Last time on Survivor: The fallout from episode 5 continued and Tina Fey was voted off.
After Tina Fey was voted off Jeff told the survivors that if there were anymore fights that they would be automatically eliminated. At camp everyone was still tense. At the other camp everyone was happy and had no idea the other tribe was fighting.
Jeff brought the tribes together for the reward challenge. Jilipi won the challenge. Michael Jackson was sent to exile. At Exile Michael just rolled around singing to himself.

At Jilipi (Miley’s tribe) they found a chicken running around and they ate it.
At the immunity challenge Jilipi won.
At Tikimo Robert Pattinson, Brian Kendrick, David cook, Megan Fox, and Frenchy all were in an alliance. Johnny Depp, Michael Jackson and Stevie Nicks were the outsiders. Megan wanted to vote off Stevie because she betrayed her on the old tribe. The guys wanted JAckson gone because he was creepy. Depp was not liked by anyone because he didn’t do anyting around the camp.

So who should be voted off?
(Stevie Nicks, Megan Fox, Frenchy, Michael JAckson, Rob Pattinson, Brian Kendrick, David Cook, Johnny Depp)
Wow this episode sucked. This will be the last episode that I’m writing for Celebrity Edition 2.
2 seasons is way too confusing and I think it’s hurt both seasons. Costa Rica will still happen.
If anyone wants to takeover this season go ahead just tell me in your answer.
Costa Rica will be back on Tuesday night. Also that season should get better since I won’t have to think of ideas for both seasons.

http://www.questionsandanswersonline...n-2-episode-7/
Old 03-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe that is Stevie singing on Miranda. There is no question that she sang on Gold, which was also on the same album.
I know I'm not wrong in telling you Stevie mos def was singing backup on that song.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18.jpg (56.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The song is Midnight Wind, and yeah that is her singing.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
The song is Midnight Wind, and yeah that is her singing.
The girl's name in the song is Miranda.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The girl's name in the song is Miranda.
Yes, I know.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Susan Lucci, Stevie Nicks, And The Sum Total of My Wisdom On Growing Up
2010 March 9

A few months ago, a younger friend asked me what growing up was like, what it felt like to be an adult. I can’t remember exactly what I said, but no doubt it was something facetious and possibly flippant (and most likely I was hanging out in my pajamas when I read her email – that seems like a safe bet). I had actually forgotten about this conversation until I was out for a walk last night and Landslide came on my mp3 player. Whenever I hear it, I always think about the fact that Stevie Nicks was a mere 26 when she wrote it and the precociousness of singing about handling the seasons of your life and children getting older, etc. at that age. But man, she really nailed it, didn’t she? The song has aged beautifully (notwithstanding the fact that it’s butchered at least twice a season by blankly smiling 18 year-old American Idol contestants) and to hear current-day Stevie Nicks sing it in her worn-through voice just drives that poignant point home.

All of this being a long way of justifying the fact that I’m going to be equally precocious and finally get around to answering the aforementioned question, potential eye-rolling from my future fifty-year old self be damned. Couldn’t be any more cringe-worthy than having sung back up for Taylor Swift at the Grammys (Sorry, Stevie, but that was beneath you).

My mother has been a fan of All My Children since before I was born and I grew up with the characters. Now, I only ever see an episode of it when I’m home visiting once or twice a year. I remember remarking to her at Christmas that I couldn’t believe that character A was now in love with character B, his former mother-in-law. But to my mother, who watches the show daily, this didn’t seem like a leap at all.

http://generationmeh.com/2010/03/09/...on-growing-up/
Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Salinas musician Lolly Vegas of Redbone remembered

Rocker who got his start playing at area clubs dies at age 70
BY KIMBER SOLANA • ksolana@thecalifornian.com • March 10, 2010

Before the world knew him as Lolly Vegas of the 1970s band Redbone, Lolly Vasquez, with brother Pat and friend Robert Howard, played the Salinas club circuit in the 1950s.

"They played in those rinky-dink bars," said his sister, Marie Vasquez-Diaz of Salinas. "He knew he was going to be a musician no matter what, and it was just going to be a matter of time."
More than a decade after leaving Salinas, Vasquez and Redbone came out with their biggest hit, "Come and Get Your Love," in 1974.
"Because of that song, he'll always be remembered and he'll be rediscovered for years to come," Vasquez-Diaz said.
Lolly Vegas died Thursday in his Los Angeles home after a long battle with lung cancer. He was 70.
Born in Coalinga and raised in Fresno, the then-17-year-old Vasquez and his family moved to Salinas in 1958. With his brother and Howard, they formed The High Tensions band. Lolly Vasquez played lead guitar while his brother played mostly bass and drums.
After Pat Vasquez graduated from Salinas High School, the brothers pursued their music careers in Los Angeles in the early 1960s. Three years later, Vasquez-Diaz said, they returned to Salinas.
Performing as Pat and Lolly Vegas — Vasquez-Diaz said they chose the name simply because it was close to Vasquez — the brothers also backed up the likes of Bobby Darin, Ike and Tina Turner and other visiting performers.After another three years, the brothers tried again in Los Angeles with their Native American rock music. With their new band name, Redbone, their first big break was their 1970 release of "Maggie." The band's 1972 LP "Witch Queen of New Orleans" sold 3 million copies.
Two years later, Redbone's single "Come and Get Your Love" climbed to No. 5 on the Billboard charts, stayed in the top 40 for 18 weeks, and sold 7 million copies. The song has been used in several commercials and movies, including "The Postman."
"They played that song to me before they even recorded it," Vasquez-Diaz said. "They were like, 'Hey sis, what do you think of this song? Just listen to it.'
"I told them, this is it ... This will take you to the top."
In the next three decades, the band continued to tour and make music. But during a tour stop at Minneapolis 12 years ago, Vasquez-Diaz said, Lolly suffered a stroke. Although he couldn't play the guitar after the stroke, he continued to write songs until his death.
A viewing is planned today in Reseda. A Rosary is set for Thursday, Vasquez-Diaz said, and is expected to draw some of her brother's celebrity friends including Della Reese, Cher and Stevie Nicks.
Vasquez is to be buried March 16 in Fresno, next to his grandparents.
"Most of our family is buried in Fresno, so he wanted to be with them," Vasquez-Diaz said. "But the roots of their music are from Salinas."

http://www.thecalifornian.com/articl...one-remembered
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brad Pitt told this to Rolling Stone: "I had this dream where everyone was using my toothbrush. So, dissect that one!" . . . At 18 months Muhammad Ali knocked out one of his mother's teeth with a baby punch . . . In college Kris Kristofferson won first prize in Atlantic Monthly's short-story contest . . . Joan Allen on fellow Steppenwolf Theater actors in the old days: "John Malkovich's head is so big, we used to call him Bucket Head" . . . Stevie Nicks checks into hotels under the name Emily Dickinson.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/a...s/yb/142558216