The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Will Buckingham Mcvie outsell 24KG in week 1? (33,000 copies)
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I pre-ordered my copy today.
i pre-ordered today too, on amazon. i like that i get both CD and digital download there. curious whether the single will become available digitally on friday to anyone who pre-ordered. it should, that's what all other releases i pre-ordered recently did, but who knows.

so i'm not voting in this poll cos i have no opinion on this topic and don't really want to try and pull one out of my a**.

however, if you voted, i'm curious how your vote relates to whether or not you bought either album? i'm not gonna ask which album you bought and how you voted since James made the poll non-transparent. i'm not interested in sales, but i am in people's behavior and correlations, so......

James, since you started the thread, just curious if you are willing to share - whatever your vote is, did you vote for the album you bought or the other one that you didn't buy? or did you buy both albums? or neither?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bought 24 Karat but was really disappointed in it, and traded it in to a used bookstore that also sells CDs. It's the only Stevie CD I don't own.

I voted that I don't think the new CD will sell as many copies the first week as 24 Karat. However, I think it will end up selling more in the long run. I hope it sells a ton of copies, but with the state of radio today not playing anything that was popular 15 years ago, who knows. I see this album as a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie, just like Behind the Mask and Say You Will were FM albums.

And yes, I will be buying the new album.

Last edited by bwboy; 04-13-2017 at 06:00 AM..
Old 04-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also pre-ordered my copy today on Amazon UK, because I also
pre-ordered Queen 3D book.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Despite our efforts, down to 36.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-...p_ts_music_1#2

(I know it may be excessive to repost the link but I thought it was a good idea it be on each page of this thread)

Wonder how it's doing on iTunes...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Despite our efforts, down to 36.

https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-...p_ts_music_1#2

(I know it may be excessive to repost the link but I thought it was a good idea it be on each page of this thread)

Wonder how it's doing on iTunes...
I am sure it will go up and down until the release
Old 04-13-2017, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I bought 24 Karat but was really disappointed in it, and traded it in to a used bookstore that also sells CDs. It's the only Stevie CD I don't own.

I voted that I don't think the new CD will sell as many copies the first week as 24 Karat. However, I think it will end up selling more in the long run. I hope it sells a ton of copies, but with the state of radio today not playing anything that was popular 15 years ago, who knows. I see this album as a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie, just like Behind the Mask and Say You Will were FM albums.

And yes, I will be buying the new album.
I think 24k Gold was rushed. Stevie said she wanted the songs to sound exactly like the demos. IMHO then why re-record them? I think if a good producer got ahold of the songs they could have been better.
Threw it away at a used book store? OUCH That is harsh
Old 04-13-2017, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think 24k Gold was rushed. Stevie said she wanted the songs to sound exactly like the demos. IMHO then why re-record them? I think if a good producer got ahold of the songs they could have been better.
I think people are deaf. The demos sucked. The songs don't sound like the Demos. She is trying to shove that down our throats because she knows it's one of her best albums and it's also a dig against Lindsey. Let's see how far she would of come if Gypsy, Dreams, and Gold Dust sounded like the demos. Puke!!!!
Old 04-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't TRASH it, I TRADED it in- big difference! Just wanted to clear that up. I bought the special edition CD, the one that cost $50.00 and had extra songs and a nice photo album. We all have our likes and dislikes, for example I love Rock a Little but I remember someone here saying RAL was the only CD by Stevie they don't have because they didn't like it. That blew me away, but that just goes to show how subjective music is. I gave 24 Karat many chances, but it just didn't grab me. We can't force something. But I appreciate other people love it.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
By contrast, it is my understanding that the NEW Buckingham/McVie record will be released by Atlantic Records. Thus, I'm assuming that Atlantic signed the duo to some sort of NEW deal. I'm not sure if the label thinks it will get to release any future Fleetwood Mac projects. Maybe they are hoping this "pet project" by the duo will turn into something greater.
Not sure how the Atlantic Records connection happened (other than the innacurate description on Amazon, which states under Label: Rhino), but this release is not Atlantic Records, but Warner Bros.

The actual CD in the photo has the Warner Music logo on it. Both the CD and iTunes (USA) state this:
2017 LMJC Productions, LLC & Merry Go Round Recording Inc under license to East West Records, a division of Warner Music UK Limited
Old 04-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Buckingham McVie will outsell simply because already the promotion is better. Maybe not in a week, but I do think their toned down approach is working. Stevie tries to promote her albums by doing morning shows and singing competitions, but IMHO that doesn't target the right audience. In the internet age, releasing cover art and a single while new articles are published every couple of weeks months in advance is a good way to get people's attention. We have the time to get excited for it and two FM writers/players teaming up is mysterious enough that I think people will at least want to hear it, at the very least music snobs in addition to fans. I agree that Stevie's label does next to nothing to promote her. Sadly, as none of them use social media, they are missing out on a great publicity opportunity.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Not sure how the Atlantic Records connection happened (other than the innacurate description on Amazon, which states under Label: Rhino), but this release is not Atlantic Records, but Warner Bros.

The actual CD in the photo has the Warner Music logo on it. Both the CD and iTunes (USA) state this:
2017 LMJC Productions, LLC & Merry Go Round Recording Inc under license to East West Records, a division of Warner Music UK Limited
The album is on Atlantic here in the States.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Really hard to say, I think. There's been a lot of talk about this album, since its essentially a "What was supposed to be a Mac record but thanks to Nicks not participating turned into a duet album". Nicks does have the most star power of the three, but 'Buckingham McVie' could get a lot of traction as an aborted Mac album as well as the first recordings McVie has done in quite awhile.

Def if it had been a Mac album it probably would have hit #1 and I think could have gone Gold (Nicks's complaints about album sales notwithstanding). As Buckingham McVie maybe less impact but perhaps on par with what '24 Karat Gold' did.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Exactly. They're not doing it for the money. I'm hoping the music is really good. That's what I want.
Just wondering then, are they doing it gratis??
Old 04-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I didn't TRASH it, I TRADED it in- big difference! Just wanted to clear that up. I bought the special edition CD, the one that cost $50.00 and had extra songs and a nice photo album. We all have our likes and dislikes, for example I love Rock a Little but I remember someone here saying RAL was the only CD by Stevie they don't have because they didn't like it. That blew me away, but that just goes to show how subjective music is. I gave 24 Karat many chances, but it just didn't grab me. We can't force something. But I appreciate other people love it.
X2, it was really a mediocre effort that is being blamed on the the internet for lack of sales.