User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
So much for the Sept 1st release date, I got mine today, sounds great, was just surprised though that they're all covers, she has like a hundred songs logged at BMI alone yet none of the tracks are ones she took part in writing. Maybe it has to do with those legal reasons she had to stop selling her first CD? I don't know, I was just hoping there'd be at least a few originals so everyone could see she should be noticed for her writing talents as well as the voice, but hey I won't complain I'll take the CD any day of the week!

John
Hopefully mine won't take too long to get here from the US. Sad to see that they are covers though, but like you say we won't complain!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

New album news is always good news.
I'll take a look around where I can find it.
Too bad that it's all covers, because Bekka is a great writer and deserves to be allowed to sing her own material. But with this album, it looks like the reports state that she was singing for a producer and he thought "hey this is too good not to put it out". So there we have it.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I received my copy today (finally) and while I'm very happy to have a new Bekka album I can't help feel a little disappointed. It is a solid performance by Bekka, there is no doubt about it, but I guess I wanted so much more.

Bekka has been teasing us with songs on her myspace page for a long time now, such as Jessica's Song, The Gypsy in Me, As Far As You Know or others. When I heard that it was an album of covers then I was initially disappointed but I got over it.

Sadly to my ears this new album just sounds a little flat nowhere near the power and vocal range that we know Bekka has. Therefore here I am on my third listen tonight and still not overly excited. I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful because I'm not, I am glad to have a solo album from her, but you know, I have high expectations.

My other concern is that this album seems to have a very limited release I haven't seen it appear anywhere other than on the Ernest Tubb Record Shop site. I owe you a big thanks though Matt for bringing it to our attention because I think otherwise we might have missed it. Maybe it will get a wider release on that Sept 1st release date?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
My other concern is that this album seems to have a very limited release I haven't seen it appear anywhere other than on the Ernest Tubb Record Shop site. I owe you a big thanks though Matt for bringing it to our attention because I think otherwise we might have missed it. Maybe it will get a wider release on that Sept 1st release date?
I agree and I was thinking about this too, hopefully it will get a bigger release bit since it doesn't have the usual bar code information that is listed on "wider" released discs, I get the feeling this will be another "grab it while you can" kind of deal too (not to mention her other solo album was a limited released as well).

John
Old 08-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
I agree and I was thinking about this too, hopefully it will get a bigger release bit since it doesn't have the usual bar code information that is listed on "wider" released discs, I get the feeling this will be another "grab it while you can" kind of deal too (not to mention her other solo album was a limited released as well).

John
Well I reckon me, you and Matt and a couple of others will assist the sales to reach at least double figures
Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Well I reckon me, you and Matt and a couple of others will assist the sales to reach at least double figures
Ah yes, whatever we can do to get her the recognition she deserves!

Forgot to say, yes, thanks Matt for letting us know about this, I'd still not have known if you didn't post anout this here & as we discussed may have missed out altogether if this album gets the same unjust fate it might).

John
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got my copy in the mail today. I'll give it a few listens before I give my opinion, but I'm looking foward to it!

Matt
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Just wanted to let you know that "What's On My Mind" was serviced to country radio a few weeks ago and I believe it was charted on the Music Row chart. I heard it while I was on hold with one of my stations so people are playing it.

Twitter me
Old 09-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When is this gonna get proper release?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
When is this gonna get proper release?
I'm starting to think that it will get deleted before it gets released...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It appears as though her album has a very limited release. Here's where you can purchase it that I've found:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/bekkabramlett
http://www.etrecordshop.com/mm5/merc...tegory_Code=NR

Matt
Old 10-31-2009, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I notice on Bekka's myspace page dated 5th of Oct,

"I Got News for You" is available for purchase now on www.cdbaby.com and will be available for downloads in the near future on ITunes, Rhapsody, Amazon and others."

A quick check of iTunes shows that the album is now available but it doesn't show up on Amazon yet.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^just downloaded my itunes! yay!

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't see this mentioned on here either that Bekka features on "Forgotten But Not Gone" an album to raise money in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

She does a fantastic song called "Stay Down in New Orleans" which I just picked up off iTunes today...
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Updated here:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=39419

Thanks!