The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2018, 02:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Without going into it all, I no longer wish to be a member of this site. Not quite sure how to go about this but if possible, can a mod or admin please freeze/delete this account. Ty.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Without going into it all, I no longer wish to be a member of this site. Not quite sure how to go about this but if possible, can a mod or admin please freeze/delete this account. Ty.
I can understand, but your posts are so refreshing and positive... I hope you'll reconsider but like I said before, I understand. I was looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as FM started their tour.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Terribly sorry you're leaving and all, but these "delete my account" posts are so silly. What do you think will happen when your account is "deleted"? That all your posts will disappear? That's unfair to all the people who have responded to you because it renders their posts nonsensical, and it's not how a forum works.

That your name will disappear? It will be here if your posts are.

So just log out. Don't log back in.

You are no longer an active member.

Problem solved.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Missy
This message has been deleted by Missy.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Terribly sorry you're leaving and all, but these "delete my account" posts are so silly. What do you think will happen when your account is "deleted"? That all your posts will disappear? That's unfair to all the people who have responded to you because it renders their posts nonsensical, and it's not how a forum works.

That your name will disappear? It will be here if your posts are.

So just log out. Don't log back in.

You are no longer an active member.

Problem solved.
I expected a reply like this and this is what I would normally do. However in this case I have my own feelings and reasons.

I'm stating this specifically to the mods/admin - I wish for my membership to be deactivated if it might free up their servers a bit and not be too much trouble. They might as well because I won't be visiting again. I leave it up to them, it's their decision. I just hereby state my disassociation with this board.

Over and out, no further comment.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I expected a reply like this and this is what I would normally do. However in this case I have my own feelings and reasons.

I'm stating this specifically to the mods/admin - I wish for my membership to be deactivated if it might free up their servers a bit and not be too much trouble. They might as well because I won't be visiting again. I leave it up to them, it's their decision. I just hereby state my disassociation with this board.

Ah.

I see what your real purpose is now.

No further comment.

Old 06-16-2018, 12:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Sorry to see you go. I have always enjoyed reading your positive outlook.
Old 06-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sorry to see that quality, positive people are leaving the forum because a few members (we all know who they are) are flooding the site with venomous, angry, expletive-laden posts.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Sorry to see that quality, positive people are leaving the forum because a few members (we all know who they are) are flooding the site with venomous, angry, expletive-laden posts.
I sent you a private message. Please read and respond.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I sent you a private message. Please read and respond.
Are you including me in "we all know who they are"? If so, a private message or email is in order (schofieldj57@gmail.com)

Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Are you including me in "we all know who they are"? If so, a private message or email is in order (schofieldj57@gmail.com)

I guess we don't all know who they are after all!

Seriously, though, I woudn't worry about it.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:50 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Late to post here, but this has happened on quite a few forums. It's not just a matter of being disappointed if their favourite band does something that they don't like. It goes much further and results in active hating on their (previously) favourite band.

I'm not sure I understand the psychology behind it, but it definitely happens across multiple bands.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good grief. You should have been at this place when I was among a handful of people who stood up for and defended Billy and Bekka's talents and their place in Fleetwood Mac. You talk about real passion and vitriol...
Old 08-31-2018, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Good grief. You should have been at this place when I was among a handful of people who stood up for and defended Billy and Bekka's talents and their place in Fleetwood Mac. You talk about real passion and vitriol...
Could you recommend which albums of theirs I could check out? I've been interested in FM members work, but some of the time I find the songwriting isn't as distinctive as I prefer. E.g. I just listened to Rick Vito's album Lucky Devils and it's very well performed and produced, but the songs don't stand out as excellent. They're very good songs, but not A+++. In my humble opinion. I have looked for Billy and Bekka's solo/other band music previously, but maybe haven't found the best choices to listen to.

EDIT: Am listening to Bekka's I Got News For You. She really is an excellent singer, but she needs quality songs to match her voice. The songs on her album are good, but again there need to be some A+++ songs.

Last edited by Ench; 08-31-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Could you recommend which albums of theirs I could check out? I've been interested in FM members work, but some of the time I find the songwriting isn't as distinctive as I prefer. E.g. I just listened to Rick Vito's album Lucky Devils and it's very well performed and produced, but the songs don't stand out as excellent. They're very good songs, but not A+++. In my humble opinion. I have looked for Billy and Bekka's solo/other band music previously, but maybe haven't found the best choices to listen to.

EDIT: Am listening to Bekka's I Got News For You. She really is an excellent singer, but she needs quality songs to match her voice. The songs on her album are good, but again there need to be some A+++ songs.
In regards to Billy's solo work, I think Gimme You is his best album. Personally, I think the best work by both is the Bekka & Billy album. It really should have been a huge hit and it's a shame it wasn't.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
If only we'd had the internet in the days of Stretch