Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well now I'm thoroughly depressed

Well I'm going to New Mexico next week so I got the old trunk of summer clothes out

I can't believe how much weight I've gained in the last year....I'm SO down on myself right now...it sucks.

Damn me and my love of all things chocolate and fatty.

Stupid summer clothes
Old 05-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure you don't look bad in the least. You probably notice it more than anyone else. In fact, I'm willing to bet that no one else actually notices it at all.

But I do know how much it sucks not to fit into your old clothes like you used to. I've certainly gone through that. But know that it doesn't mean you're fat at all.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I'm sure you don't look bad in the least. You probably notice it more than anyone else. In fact, I'm willing to bet that no one else actually notices it at all.

But I do know how much it sucks not to fit into your old clothes like you used to. I've certainly gone through that. But know that it doesn't mean you're fat at all.

Aw thanks - and no I don't think those who see me on a day to day basis notice anything - but yeah - it sucks to basically not fit into an entire wardrobe

I know it's no one's fault but my own - perhaps this is the wakeup call I needed to truly get my ass in gear and hit the gym BIG TIME - and more importantly to stop eating so much crap.

My diet has really gone to pot this year - but it was a big transition year - and now that I'm getting more settled I hope that my diet will improve It's not the meals that do it - it's the snacking - I'm SUCH a bad snacker...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Aw thanks - and no I don't think those who see me on a day to day basis notice anything - but yeah - it sucks to basically not fit into an entire wardrobe

I know it's no one's fault but my own - perhaps this is the wakeup call I needed to truly get my ass in gear and hit the gym BIG TIME - and more importantly to stop eating so much crap.

My diet has really gone to pot this year - but it was a big transition year - and now that I'm getting more settled I hope that my diet will improve It's not the meals that do it - it's the snacking - I'm SUCH a bad snacker...
I say don't be so hard on yourself. For most, weight fluctuates, right? Blame it on the fact that it was a transitional year; those kind just seem to call for more eating because of emotional situations. I think that's totally human. You'll probably feel better once you commit to working out because you'll be happy that you're helping matters by doing so, but don't drive yourself crazy over it. At one point you were skinnier, but that doesn't mean you don't look good now by any means.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
- it sucks to basically not fit into an entire wardrobe
look at it in a positive way .... it's an excuse to go out shopping for a whole new wardrobe!!! yippee!!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Deanna, you've posted your pictures here a lot ~ You aren't fat dear. My aunt can barely walk up a flight of stairs without stopping, having a snack, resting, then continuing. SHE is fat.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie
look at it in a positive way .... it's an excuse to go out shopping for a whole new wardrobe!!! yippee!!
Hey, and that too! It's a chance to say "Well, I have been meaning to try out a different style and all."
Old 05-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
Deanna, you've posted your pictures here a lot ~ You aren't fat dear. My aunt can barely walk up a flight of stairs without stopping, having a snack, resting, then continuing. SHE is fat.
I don't know Ryan's aunt but I have to echo his sentiment here--you are so very far from fat, Deanna. I hope that didn't cross your mind.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From your pictures, I think you look great. Just try to think healthfully and stay positive.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Deanna is fat, my name is Osama. You're as fat as Ruben is skinny, dear.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Hey, and that too! It's a chance to say "Well, I have been meaning to try out a different style and all."
Actually...

My FIRST thought was "okay time to hit the gym like mad tomorrow"

Then I thought...."But wait, I should probably go shopping first because of early morning sales..." lol...I'm ALREADY putting off going to the gym
Old 05-27-2005, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well I'm going to New Mexico next week so I got the old trunk of summer clothes out

I can't believe how much weight I've gained in the last year....I'm SO down on myself right now...it sucks.

Damn me and my love of all things chocolate and fatty.

Stupid summer clothes
I know exactly how you feel. Clothes that fit me great last summer look horrible now! I can still fit into them but everything looks tiny on me. And I can't blame it all on my clothes shrinking in the dryer! I have decided to be proactive though. I signed up for the gym this week and I can pick up my membership card tomorrow. I have a couple months before school starts in August and I want to be looking pretty good. It is not even that I mind being a little "big" but when my clothes look bad on me I get mad! I love to shop for clothes and when the trendy stuff looks comical on me I know there is a problem! Okay, maybe that is a bit of a stretch but I feel like I can't wear the "fun" stuff because I am too busy disguising my stomach!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-27-2005, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and thanks for the compliments guys...

Really I'm not searching for compliments....I'm just terribly bored tonight and made the mistake of trying on all my summer clothes

I have got to keep in shape because if I don't fit into my winter clothes in a few months then I'll really be angry with myself...
Old 05-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've yet to put a bathing suit on this year. Talk to me after I do that
Old 05-28-2005, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been sprouting a nice gunt over the last couple of years. It's been a slow build but I really gotta start doing those things... you know... those... sit ups!

Where on your palm is my little line when you're written in mine as an old memory?

KATE BUSH