The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is the least talented singer/songwriter in Fleetwood Mac?
Lindsey Buckingham 20 36.36%
Christine McVie 9 16.36%
Stevie Nicks 19 34.55%
They all suck 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

--------------------------Freaking NOBODY--------------------

OH Man.

They are all talented.We have to take it for granted they are still able to perform at their age.God bless them and we can still see them tour year after year.And big freaking deal if they sing the same old tunes over a zillion times.Just dont go if you dont want to hear the same old music over again.

Look at poor Linda Ronstadt and Glen Campbell to name a couple of great artists that come to mind now that no longer can perform because of their health issues.Its so sad.

Everybody has a right for their opinion .I agree At this point I dont have a big shovel and time to weed through the BS in this thread because it just so bad to see FM fans trashing its members for their talents.

And I say and others say I'm a negative person on this forum.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-05-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Great post. I was just thinking about Lindsey performing at the Grammys and Stevie performing at the RRHOF induction, and how brilliant both performances were. Ok I know they weren't demonstrating their song writing skills, but it did demonstrate how wonderfully talented they are . It just doesn't seem right to label one of them as "the least talented"
Old 05-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
They may complement each other within the band, but I don't think that means they are equally as talented.
That is true, yes.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They're all flawed in their own way, but I don't think any one of the three is "less talented" than the other.

Christine is the most consistent, and over the years, written some really lovely songs. I can see how some people don't connect emotionally to her songs as much. As a vocalist, she's wonderful. What a warm, soothing voice.

Lindsey has been the most interesting to me by far for several years. Lyrically, he's grown leaps and bounds. I've loved his most recent 3 solo albums. His voice has suffered some, but he's still able to use it effectively.

In my opinion, Stevie was the best writer from 75-79. (If I'm being generous, I'll lump Bella Donna in there too.) But she's not been as good since. "Gypsy" was her last truly great FM song, and her solo albums are a mixed bag. She'll have flashes of brilliance coupled with psychobabble drivel. Of course she's lost most of her range, but vocally, she's still very interesting.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Right............
I didn't say I don't like the thread. I just read it wrong, so my vote would be inaccurate. I automatically assumed it was who was the best song writer, my bad for not taking the time to read properly.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie's voice

I may be alone on this but I truly believe that once a vocal coach comes into the picture everything changes.I understand that they help the performer to preserve their voices,but no good deed goes unpunished and the singer's voice is no longer their own.That is,the uniqueness is gone and everyone starts to sound the same.That's one thing I always loved about her voice-she could sing half a sentence or even backup and I immediately knew it was her.Not so accurate anymore.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Who is the least talented singer/songwriter in Fleetwood Mac?
You mean.. today?
I didn't vote cause I can't answer exactly without mentioning a year.

I think the 3 of them are great, very well talented.
But Stevie was not in her best during Tango. And I felt the same about Christine during Mirage. I didn't like her 1984 solo álbum, but I really enjoyed ITM.

Both Stevie & Lindsey are not that great as they were in the 70s, IMHO. Let's see if Christine gave us nice surprises this year, in terms of new songs.

So talent has been changing along the time.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

No Offence... But I Think This Was A Really Stupid Question. Nobody In Fleetwood Mac Was/Is Untalented. They Are All Just As Good. Why The Heck Did 6 People Say They All Suck? Why Are They Here!?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The thread question is simply a mischievous and provocative re-framing of an ongoing discussion in this forum about the talent of the band members. People really need to relax. If you can talk about who is the "most talented" member of FM, which people often do on this forum, then it stands to reason you can talk about the inverse. If you do think they're all equally talented, ok, that can be said without all the reactionary outrage added in. Nobody is mud-slinging. Everything's fine. Stevie, Lindsey and Chris are all fine.

Like, seriously, they have mansions. Fine.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

They All Suck is a horrible thing to say

It should have been worded "Who Is Your Favorite Singer Songwriter In Fleetwood Mac"
Old 05-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
You mean.. today?
I didn't vote cause I can't answer exactly without mentioning a year.

I think the 3 of them are great, very well talented.
But Stevie was not in her best during Tango. And I felt the same about Christine during Mirage. I didn't like her 1984 solo álbum, but I really enjoyed ITM.

Both Stevie & Lindsey are not that great as they were in the 70s, IMHO. Let's see if Christine gave us nice surprises this year, in terms of new songs.

So talent has been changing along the time.
Good points all. I've been so excited about the group dynamic Chris's presence will give the band that I've kinda forgotten that I personally haven't been very excited by much of her songwriting for a long while (I don't dislike ITM but certainly never feel compelled to listen to it). I hope this forthcoming album isn't Mirage 2.0. Although I suppose I wouldn't balk at that either.

It'll be interesting to see what each member brings to the table this time around. Although it seems as though Chris is doing a lot of co-writing with Lindsey, and I do seem to always like how those turn out.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post

It should have been worded "Who Is Your Favorite Singer Songwriter In Fleetwood Mac"
That thread has existed so many times, here. That's why I find this one much more interesting, at least potentially.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No Offence... But I Think This Was A Really Stupid Question. Nobody In Fleetwood Mac Was/Is Untalented. They Are All Just As Good. Why The Heck Did 6 People Say They All Suck? Why Are They Here!?
Well, I voted "they all suck" only because that was an actual option, and it made me laugh. People here do like other members of the band, the three in question weren't the only ones ever in Fleetwood Mac.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Some of the people voting are just voting for their least favorite, not least talented.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wording it like that changes the question entirely and also makes it less interesting.