The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who is the least talented singer/songwriter in Fleetwood Mac?
Lindsey Buckingham 20 36.36%
Christine McVie 9 16.36%
Stevie Nicks 19 34.55%
They all suck 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They are all very talented in their own ways.

I find this poll, absurd. Come on, now!
Old 05-04-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Did you forget Mick Fleetwood? He has done vocals on two songs, plus songwriting credits on a couple of others. I'd suggest he's been an abject failure as a singer/songwriter
Give me a break.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In my eternal optimism, I thought this was voting for the singer I liked the most. Now that I see it was for the least talented singer/song writer, I would like to remove my vote.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I appreciate that negativity isn't everyone's cup of tea, but coming into a thread and posting about how stupid/awful the thread is doesn't exactly seem like a great, non-hypocritical way to express that. It's not like this thread is being particularly tricky/shady in any way. It's doing exactly what it says on the label. And it's very easy to not open it or participate in it.

Personally I enjoy a little negativity amidst my fanwankery. Keeps me sharp. And I'm willing to bet I'm not alone. There's a place for threads like this here, too.

Last edited by Dex; 05-04-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This thread should be deleted.
ROTFL
Old 05-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
In my eternal optimism, I thought this was voting for the singer I liked the most. Now that I see it was for the least talented singer/song writer, I would like to remove my vote.
Right............
Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Ledgie

Christine. She's basically rewritten the same song her entire career, a greeting card set to a doorbell chime. She might be the most consistent but she's also the most risk averse.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
I appreciate that negativity isn't everyone's cup of tea, but coming into a thread and posting about how stupid/awful the thread is doesn't exactly seem like a great, non-hypocritical way to express that. It's not like this thread is being particularly tricky/shady in any way. It's doing exactly what it says on the label. And it's very easy to not open it or participate in it.

Personally I enjoy a little negativity amidst my fanwankery. Keeps me sharp. And I'm willing to bet I'm not alone. There's a place for threads like this here, too.
You hit the nail on the head.If you don't like what's on TV you have two options-turn it off or change the channel! It's a free country(board)...
Old 05-04-2014, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have adored Stevie for many,many years as an artist although some of my posts may seem contrary to that.As a person,I don't think that she and I would be particularly good friends-some of her quotes really irk me.And I guess my least favorite one just depends on my mood.If I'm in the mood for a mystical,gotta "read between the lines"type of song,Bucky and Chris pale.If I'm in a "chill out" mood,Bucky and Stevie pale.And if I'm in the mood for something that is musically creative,Stevie and Chris pale.They're all unique based on my many moods!
Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I have adored Stevie for many,many years as an artist although some of my posts may seem contrary to that.As a person,I don't think that she and I would be particularly good friends-some of her quotes really irk me.And I guess my least favorite one just depends on my mood.If I'm in the mood for a mystical,gotta "read between the lines"type of song,Bucky and Chris pale.If I'm in a "chill out" mood,Bucky and Stevie pale.And if I'm in the mood for something that is musically creative,Stevie and Chris pale.They're all unique based on my many moods!
Mystical,"read between the lines"type of song-referring to Stevie's older music.Alot of that mysticism could have been drug related however...
Old 05-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure what the point of this. I'm not voting.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't vote in most polls anyway. I don't see the point of them.

But I like it if they provoke interesting discussion.

Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think all of them are limited in their songwriting talents. But with good production and vocal teamwork their compositions shine really brightly. Their solo careers are full of weak stuff IMO. Lindsey produces himself brilliantly but his songs and vocals suck. Christine alone sounds like, as noted above, a greeting card set to a door chime. And Stevie can write a song and moan or bellow it out, but her solo career is blighted massively by garbage production which destroys the necessary atmosphere, and a self-destructive inclination to be a "rocker". This latter dates back to Tom Petty days, when she started to show a nasty predeliction for simply delivering monotone songs in a hoarse holler against a wall of grating tinny guitar noise.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

When I started this poll I forgot to give the option that they are all great.

That being said I'm just going to say that Lindsey is a complete singer/songwriter. He doesn't need help painting his pictures. Plus, he delivers quality time in and time out. He has actually improved.
Christine is by far the best singer. There was a time in the late 70s when I think Stevie was better, but too much coke and cigarettes took their toll. Christine is probably the most consistent, however, many of her 80s songs were cowritten and much of her last album was. However, so was Stevie's. Stevie is the most experimental and appreciate that she has put out lots of product, but I do believe that she is only as good as the people she works with. She became a lazy songwriter and vocalist, but there is no one like her. Her last album was well written.
Singer/Songwriters should learn to play an instrument. The tambourine doesn't cut it. I voted for Stevie.

Last edited by Jondalar; 05-04-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Purpose?

Is the purpose of this thread to bully?