The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So true OP. I became a Mac fan in 2003 and this is the most active I have ever seen them. I never thought I would ever witness all five of them together again or see Christine involved in a studio album. That Lindsey and Christine studio picture really did make me happy. So this truly is a cool time to be a Mac fan.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

I am onboard with the happy train as well...

I'm so happy at the chance to see all of Fleetwood Mac on stage together. Sigh. Well... hopefully they do a European tour.

I have no input on the current studio situation.

On one hand: I hope that there will be at least some Stevie input, because a Mac album without her would not be the same for me.
On the other hand: I do think maybe it is for the best: avoiding conflict. I suspect Stevie and Lindsey do have severe different approaches and tastes and I would hate if these differences would lead to new battles meaning: no collaborations at all.

If avoiding recording together means at least a tour together: I'm OK with that.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm on board the positivity train as well. I believe we will have a Fleetwood Mac studio album with all five of the Rumours line-up for the first time in over a quarter of a century, that it will have a nice mix of all five, and that we will get a Stevie solo album to boot.

Heck, perhaps Lindsey will be inspired to do another solo album if he's got leftovers from the Mac sessions and some time. Christine could be a guest on it.

All of this angst, anger, and acrimony will turn out to have been completely unnecessary. Let's hope for the best and be glad!

Forgive me for echoing a recent post in another thread, but it seems the negative posters are so much more prolific than the positive ones that they are setting the tone around here despite their relatively few numbers. I hope to boost up the numbers on the positive side a bit. Positive posters should not abandon the Ledge and then complain about its tone; they've surrendered the field.

ETA: I realize I hardly post on a consistent basis myself, but as an old-timer who stills finds it worthwhile to pop in, I hope I still have some credibility around here.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-03-2014 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Recognition of my own irregular posting habits
Old 05-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by missundercover View Post
I am onboard with the happy train as well...

I'm so happy at the chance to see all of Fleetwood Mac on stage together. Sigh. Well... hopefully they do a European tour.

I have no input on the current studio situation.

On one hand: I hope that there will be at least some Stevie input, because a Mac album without her would not be the same for me.
On the other hand: I do think maybe it is for the best: avoiding conflict. I suspect Stevie and Lindsey do have severe different approaches and tastes and I would hate if these differences would lead to new battles meaning: no collaborations at all.

If avoiding recording together means at least a tour together: I'm OK with that.
i like your view (and your input on the studio vs touring situation).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I think that's it is rude of Stevie Nicks to not be in studio deliberately when she has committed to going on the road with Fleetwood Mac this year.
But again, what if Dave Stewart and Stevie had planned to do this solo gig a long time ago, way before Christine rejoined and a F. Mac reunion tour was planned? Nobody on this forum really knows the order of events, how things have been planned, how schedules were arranged, etc. This is all conjecture.

It would have been "rude" of Stevie to backpedal on Dave, Waddy, Blackbird Studios, et al if this was all planned last year before the big "Mac announcement/reunion" and she decided to go with Fleetwood Mac instead.

In my opinion, she's just doing what she has always done ~ juggling Fleetwood Mac with her own projects, honoring her commitments and (to use a TOSOTM quote) doing the best that she can. I have no doubt that after her vocals have been recorded for this solo record, and she does all that she can do, she will hand the reigns to Dave and then focus her energies toward the new Fleetwood Mac project.