Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
LOL! Yeah, if I haven't mentioned it before, I kind of identify with Lindsey's role a bit more strongly than some of the others in the band. How 'bout that? Hehe.

I still find the "supporting the family" argument silly from anyone in the band. Whether it was sweet and selfless and endlessly wonderful of Stevie to say it, I find it silly, because I don't believe it. What can I say?

If you think I've been saying Lindsey was totally right and never self-serving, and the rest of them were wrong and only self-serving, well, I don't know what to tell you. I don't think I've said that at all. I don't believe any of them arguing for their point of view is wrong, no matter how passionate or weak that argument seems at different points. That's just me.
I don't think that's what you've been saying... I just wanted to point out that I think it's just an eensy bit unfair to automatically assume that Stevie can't possibly be speaking honestly when expressing her worries about her bandmates and their families.

I admit I thought it was somewhat selfish of Lindsey to insist on pushing the rest of the band into doing this his way, with seemingly little regard for the needs of anyone other than himself... but I'd much rather give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he had nothing but the purest of intentions and motivations. Trusting him at his word, and all of that.

But maybe it's because even though I'm obviously more of a Stevie fan, I am still a Lindsey fan, too.
And, beyond that, a Fleetwood Mac fan.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL, sorry I didn't like the way my original post flowed, so I changed it, thus sort of mucking up the reply.

Quote:
I don't think that's what you've been saying... I just wanted to point out that I think it's just an eensy bit unfair to automatically assume that Stevie can't possibly be speaking honestly when expressing her worries about her bandmates and their families.
Really, JS, it's got nothing to do with doubting that Stevie's a nice person with concerns for her bandmates.

Quote:
... but I'd much rather give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume that he had nothing but the purest of intentions and motivations. Trusting him at his word, and all of that.
I guess I hadn't actually seen you say anything but the opposite of all of that, so...I thought I'd argue the other side of it.

Quote:
But maybe it's because even though I'm obviously more of a Stevie fan, I am still a Lindsey fan, too. And, beyond that, a Fleetwood Mac fan.
I'm obviously more of a Lindsey fan, which is a symptom of generally being more drawn to his perspective and his music. Doesn't mean I'm not also a fan of all. Just so you know.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

PS - I find the "supporting the family" argument silly from anyone in the band. Whether it was sweet and selfless and endlessly wonderful of Stevie to say it, it doesn't ring terribly true to me. It rings like a rationalization. Maybe it's a selfless rationalization? Sorry.
Well, I have to agree, Stevie's comment sounded kind of lame to me, too. But I don't think she was being insincere. I do think she was wanting to look understanding and unselfish, though. Only natural.

Last edited by sodascouts; 03-24-2004 at 02:12 AM..
Old 03-24-2004, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I guess I hadn't actually seen you say anything but the opposite of all of that, so...I thought I'd argue the other side of it.

I'm obviously more of a Lindsey fan, which is a symptom of generally being more drawn to his perspective and his music. Doesn't mean I'm not also a fan of all. Just so you know.
That's the downside of these debates... a lot of times only one side of how you see something, comes across.

Well, at least in my case, because I'm the type of person who tends to look at most every situation from a dozen different angles... so the opinion I'm debating is often but one of many ways I view it.

So, I see Lindsey's point of view... I see Stevie's point of view... and I see Mick's.
But in this particular thread, Mick & Stevie were being bashed for having an opinion other than Lindsey's, so I was arguing their side of it, and the viewpoint that Lindsey isn't inherently above certain things, just because he tends to be painted in those terms, or that he was the victim of mean ol' Stevie and her little lackey, Mick.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny, and I've been responding to posts (albeit spread over a few threads) that Lindsey's talented, but otherwise a false and pointlessly trouble-making ass, with no actual principles, trying to ruin an album. The love, it's all around us. Hehe.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by teedee
we all know about the drugs , its true, we are not denying that. but its still a matter of opinion. some say SA was her worst cd, it may have sold the least, i dont know, but i happen to really like that cd. im sure lots of people would disagree with me here, its their opinion, and i respect that, but im sure some would agree too, and even if no one did agree with me, its not going to change how i feel about it, i was never one to just say oh i hate that or i love , just because other people or critics or djs say something isnt good or its the best.
I thought I might let you know I've stopped reading your replies in case you want to spare yourself the effort of replying to me. I find that the way you post, without any discernible punctuation and weird word breaks, drives me to distraction.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I think the catch is in the implication that Lindsey arguing for a double-album, can't possibly be a selfish thing... but Stevie arguing to release a single album, can't possibly not be a selfish thing.
Often perception takes on a life of its own until it becomes de facto reality. So I want to disavow you of any notion that I thought Stevie was being selfish, or more selfish than Lindsey. My problem with the double album issue was the way Mick handled it. I felt a lot of sympathy for Lindsey, who was in a situation in which he had a lot of songs to put out and saw that channel narrowing. He was having a very human reaction, and I believe he's gotten too much flak around here for being just human.

As for the Stevie v. Lindsey issue in this case, my position has been that she was far more interested in what was commercial than he was. I know there have been some arguments about that, but all you have do is watch the document to draw that conclusion.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
PS - I find the "supporting the family" argument silly from anyone in the band. Whether it was sweet and selfless and endlessly wonderful of Stevie to say it, it doesn't ring terribly true to me. It rings like a rationalization. Maybe it's a selfless rationalization? Sorry.
Well, I really haven't wanted to touch that one. But it struck me as rather cynical. I'll leave it at that.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
Huh? Nowhere in my discussion of any of this do I say Lindsey is 100% correct for anything. He had a point of view. He argued for it. She had hers, and she argued for it. However, I don't find the "supporting the family" argument any more convincing from her than I do anyone else. It was a rationalization from each of them when trying to deal with not quite getting what they really wanted.

I was teasing JS. That's all.
I know - I was, albeit in a lame manner, teasing you as well

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Lindsey wants commercial songs for himself?

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
OK, this is a little tangential, but I was just watching the doc for about the 20th time and it sounds like Lindsey fully intends to release a solo album when he says he'll pull his masters. Do you guys think another solo album is still a possibility?

And here's something else that I've been thinking about. Let's say FM took his most accessible stuf and left him with the "marginalized." He could still release them solo, right? Or - is the problem that a solo CD of just "marginalized" material isn't going to sell well; therefore, he'd want to pull OUT the masters of the "commercial" stuff to put on his own album instead of FMs?
20 times eh - you have it as bad as I do

I think LB may indeed release a solo record, but with 10 songs on SYW I am unsure how many completed songs he has left. If he has to go back into the studio to make four or so more, well, that could take four years bless his creative genius heart!!!!

Old 03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
. . . My problem with the double album issue was the way Mick handled it. I felt a lot of sympathy for Lindsey, who was in a situation in which he had a lot of songs to put out and saw that channel narrowing. He was having a very human reaction, and I believe he's gotten too much flak around here for being just human.

As for the Stevie v. Lindsey issue in this case, my position has been that she was far more interested in what was commercial than he was. I know there have been some arguments about that, but all you have do is watch the document to draw that conclusion.
I agree, I think LB for some reason believed Mick, although I cannot imagine why after all of these years

I think in the end, FM released as close to a double record as they thought they could get away with. So, I do not think all were 100% against LB double record notion and instead solely for 12 songs only.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I agree, I think LB for some reason believed Mick, although I cannot imagine why after all of these years

I think in the end, FM released as close to a double record as they thought they could get away with. So, I do not think all were 100% against LB double record notion and instead solely for 12 songs only.
Did you notice Mick implied that he had not really committed, saying something like "I'd told him that if it worked, we'd do it" - forget exact words now.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
I thought I might let you know I've stopped reading your replies in case you want to spare yourself the effort of replying to me. I find that the way you post, without any discernible punctuation and weird word breaks, drives me to distraction.

That is quite ok with me! I will reply where i see fit. Whether it be to your posts or someone elses. But trust me when I say, I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a response from you, I never have. You do what it comfortable for you, as will I.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Did you notice Mick implied that he had not really committed, saying something like "I'd told him that if it worked, we'd do it" - forget exact words now.
I know - I was like SPIN SPIN SPIN I think it says alot of good things about LB that he did not walk at that point.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I think it says alot of good things about LB that he did not walk at that point.
You're coming around to our side!?

Oh, come to think of it, you're already on our side. After all, you like Lindsey's songs better than Stevie's on SWY.

I knew you were a good man...