User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Most Unpopular Opinions About Lindsey

Do I dare start a thread I can't finish? Well it was posted over on Stevie's forum so here's a starter for Buck's. I don't know as much about him so this list will be shorter.

1. I think the one thing Stevie and Lindsey have in common is insecurity. I think Lindsey is one of the most skittish and frightened people on the face of the planet. The two of them together? I'm surprised they made it more than a month.

2. I think Lindsey thinks he is still a wannabe rock star. In his mind, I don't think he's ever fully gotten that he made it. He's still trying to prove himself worthy and I don't think FM counts, in his opinion. For him, he needs to make it as a solo artist. That hasn't happened. That is also why it takes him a decade or more to release anything. Fear of failure again. I think Lindsey has never known how good he is. He's always trying to live up to those experimental standards and has failed every time, which is what makes him a *wannabe* or second-rate in his mind. Despite his millions and his fame, he still looks at himself as a struggling artist.
And always will

3. I think Lindsey is about as happy as someone with his mindset can be. Self-torture is his inspiration but the wife and family are great covers to the outside world. I think Lindsey needs and takes more than his fair share outside of that.
And then some

4. I think Lindsey is about as egotistical and at the same time, insecure, as someone can get. He's a little boy in the fetal position on the floor crying for someone's attention. But because he's so full of himself, he hasn't dealt with it and hides behind himself both in private and in public.

5. I think Lindsey is uncomfortable with compliments.

6. I think Lindsey will release a solo album sometime but only one more and if and when it does come out, he will kick himself in the ass for it not being what he wanted. That will then push him into endless touring with no new material with FM till they all drop.

7. I think Lindsey loves himself more than he could ever love another human being.
He also hates himself

8. I think Tusk is brilliant and he should have stuck to his guns.
This one might not be so unpopular

9. I think Say You Will was a disappointment to Lindsey and he blames himself for its borderline failure. He also blames the others for not going along with him and his vision.
Secretly, I think he loves Say You Will

And last but not least:

10. I think Lindsey is one big walking contradiction.

Last edited by lagringader&r; 03-06-2006 at 01:49 AM..