Addicted Ledgie

Storms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Km7oR2WOs
Old 10-09-2018, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
What a beautiful vocal, Stevie. I'm so happy to have "Storms" back in the setlist. But what's up with people who talk during the songs? Don't they realize that folks around them paid good money to hear the band and not them. Stevie's voice still shines through...

Last edited by Keith; 10-09-2018 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: deleted one word that didn't belong
Old 10-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that's about as rave a review as one could hope for. Thanks for sharing, Lola!
Old 10-09-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, just love the vocal on “Storms”

She sounds great.......shame about all the chatter....why pay good money and talk throughout, beats me.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Really good version of "Second Hand News". The new lineup is sounding better and better with each performance.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Free Fallin":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNS5VofqPlc
Old 10-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Storms is lovely.

I don’t like any of the Lindsey songs with Finn on lead. His voice bugs me on those songs. It’s also weird (understatement) to watch Stevie facing him and singing during SHN. I just never will be okay with this band doing Lindsey stuff.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Highlights of most of the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00M3OxD3LLE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/00M3OxD3LLE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Farr Side: Fleetwood Mac live is fantastic
http://www.sturgisjournal.com/news/2...e-is-fantastic
I can check another dream concert off my bucket list.

I can check another dream concert off my bucket list.

Fleetwood Mac performed Oct. 8 at Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, and the show was incredible.

I’ve long wanted to see the band live, but it wasn’t in the cards. Last spring, when a tour was announced to honor of the hall-of-famers’ 50th anniversary, I was going to go no matter what.

I had been able to see Stevie Nicks on a solo tour, which was great. But the magic of this band is in a class all its own.

Sadlly, Lindsey Buckingham parted ways with Fleetwood Mac shortly before the tour announcement. But that didn’t hamper the excitement. Mike Campbell and Neil Finn were brought aboard. Campbell was lead guitarist for Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Finn was lead singer of Split Enz and Crowded House.

Fleetwood Mac dazzled the sold-out arena. When the lights dimmed and the show began, it was pandemonium in the house. Anticipation was something else. The stage lights came on to reveal Christine McVie, John McVie, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, Cambell and Finn performing “The Chain.”

Finn was amazing on the vocals Buckingham had made famous so many years earlier. I was amazed at his ability to step in like he’d been in the band for years.

Christine’s vocals were a little shaky on “Little Lies,” but it didn’t take her long to find her zone. This was only the third show of the tour. I was in awe of her keyboarding skills. Nicks was spot-on with “Dreams.”

When I hear a song, it can take me back to where I was when I first heard it. I was like in kindergarten when “Dreams” was a hit.

“Rhiannon,” “Say You Love Me,” “Everywhere,” “Hypnotize,” “Tell Me All The Things You Do,” “Monday Morning,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Gold Dust Woman,” “Isn’t It Midnight” and “Go Your Own Way” all sounded so good.

They truly encompassed music from all periods and lineups from their 50-year career.

It also was cool to see Finn perform his biggest Crowded House hit, “Don’t Dream It’s Over.” I love that song. I never dreamed I would see him sing it.

The night had many highlights, but it was Nicks’ “Landslide” that did it for me. It’s a beautiful song and she does it so well. Another highlight came with the encore, when

Nicks and Campbell performed Petty’s “Free Fallin.” Video images of Petty ere a touching addition to an already fantastic night. The 23-song set concluded with the iconic “Don’t Stop.”

David T. Farr is a Journal Correspondent. Email him at farrboy@hotmail.com.