User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
“Doing a duets album with Lindsey was the last thing I expected,” says McVie. “We don’t hang out in the way Stevie and I do, but we do work well together, and we ended up with all this material while Stevie was off doing other things. It started when I was in LA to rehearse for the tour and it developed from there. It’s just another splinter off the tree.”

I do wonder how much "hanging out" they actually do.... They certainly did in the early days, but even Christine commented on how Stevie became surrounded by friends and hangers-on with the fame and didn't seem to hang with the rest of the band the way she once did. That clearly got more the case once her solo career took off.

I thought it was cool how Chris said Stevie had asked her to come to their band dinner meet up (when Chris was returning) half an hour early so they could have some time to catch up one on one before the rest of the guys showed up.

What do you suppose their hanging out is like? Braiding ribbons in each others' hair, painting their nails, sipping margaritas? Gossiping about the men?
I seriously doubt Christine hangs out more with Stevie than with Lindsey. I think she doesn't hang out with any of them. Period.

During her 16 years absence (which her friend Stevie mentions every time she can) she said she was in contact with Mick and John. Meaning she didn't keep in touch with Stevie and Lindsey.

And now they're friends?

I don't think they have much in common, to be honest.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Christine must be lying LOL
Old 06-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Yes, Christine must be lying LOL
No, it's called being polite, diplomatic, whatever you want to call it. That's what adults do. That's probably why you're not familiar with the concept.

She also wasn't lying when she said she only talked to Mick and John during her 16 years absence, and we all know that because Christine isn't a liar.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."

Last edited by button-lip; 06-04-2017 at 08:38 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No, it's called being polite, diplomatic, whatever you want to call it. That's what adults do. That's probably why you're not familiar with the concept.

She also wasn't lying when she said she only talked to Mick and John during her 16 years absence, and we all know that because Christine isn't a liar.
Oh, that explains it. To be honest, I thought you disliked Stevie so much, you couldn't believe that she and Christine could be friends. But you KNOW that she was just "being polite, diplomatic, whatever you call it."

I think it's funny you don't believe Christine's statement, yet at the same time insist she's not lying about it. Maybe she's just mistaken about being friends with Stevie? Anyway, I may be more polite or diplomatic than you think, since I make it a point to never say rude things to or about other posters here. Never have and never will, because I understand we all have different opinions.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that explains it. To be honest, I thought you disliked Stevie so much, you couldn't believe that she and Christine could be friends. But you KNOW that she was just "being polite, diplomatic, whatever you call it."

I think it's funny you don't believe Christine's statement, yet at the same time insist she's not lying about it. Maybe she's just mistaken about being friends with Stevie? Anyway, I may be more polite or diplomatic than you think, since I make it a point to never say rude things to or about other posters here. Never have and never will, because I understand we all have different opinions.
If you said (and apparently KNOW) she's not lying about them being friends, then you also will have to face the fact (which apparently you can't) that they didn't speak for 16 years. But of course all friends do that.

You loled at my comment. That's being rude. It means you're clearly not respecting my opinion.

I don't dislike Stevie more than you idolize her. That will never happen. Your love will be always greater than my dislike.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-04-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know, you're 100% right. I just took Christine's comment at face value that she was being truthful. You're the one who's questioning her, not me.

Sorry if you think my laughter that we're even debating this is rude. I really do think it's funny that we're 'arguing' over something like this.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know, you're 100% right. I just took Christine's comment at face value that she was being truthful. You're the one who's questioning her, not me.

Sorry if you think my laughter that we're even debating this is rude. I really do think it's funny that we're 'arguing' over something like this.
you are both probably right. i don't think Christine and Stevie are very close friends and they certainly didn't seem to keep in touch while Chris was retired, while Mick and John did.

but i do think that Christine hangs out with Stevie, i believe there was something about Stevie renting big house with gardens when they were touring Australia in 2015, and Christine, Mick and possibly John did hang out with Stevie and her entourage there. and Lindsey did not hang out with them. so when Christine says she doesn't "hang out" with Lindsey like she does with Stevie, that's probably kind of relationship she's talking about, and may not be neccesarily be 1-on-1 relationship.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm questioning her because in the past she made some comments about her connection with Stevie (like the one I told you about) that makes it very hard for me to believe they're now all of a sudden friends. That's all.

And we're not arguing. We're exchanging opinions. We both have our own ideas and we like to defend them.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you are both probably right. i don't think Christine and Stevie are very close friends and they certainly didn't seem to keep in touch while Chris was retired, while Mick and John did.

but i do think that Christine hangs out with Stevie, i believe there was something about Stevie renting big house with gardens when they were touring Australia in 2015, and Christine, Mick and possibly John did hang out with Stevie and her entourage there. and Lindsey did not hang out with them. so when Christine says she doesn't "hang out" with Lindsey like she does with Stevie, that's probably kind of relationship she's talking about, and may not be neccesarily be 1-on-1 relationship.
Lindsey seems to be the kind of person that doesn't "hang out" with anybody. Maybe he was with his family. I'm sure you know more than me.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Yeah this is what I think as well. Not exactly super close BFFs, but I think they do make effort to see each other from time to time whereas Lindsey's a hermit.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They've known each other for over 40 years and were really close back in the day. I'm sure they go long periods without talking, but when they get together, it's like no time has passed. I feel lucky to have friends like that.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
They've known each other for over 40 years and were really close back in the day. I'm sure they go long periods without talking, but when they get together, it's like no time has passed. I feel lucky to have friends like that.
Yes! This!! In real life folks, when you work with someone, you don't necessarily want to see them after work. I've heard none of them really hang out with each other. Mick and Christine more than anyone else. But, Stevie and Christine have hung out more since 2014. Stevie has even said in her interviews. Christine had a lot of time since she's left the country.