User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2020, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
pretty telling that so many people have had to resort to the legal system in order to get what is rightfully due them from Mick, speaks to his ongoing disregard for ethics, morals or rules.
Absolutely. He is SCUM.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
For what it's worth, even Clifford Davis had grounds for his injunction. Even though he was a ruthless, sleazy manager, he got the band to sign the fine print and then acted accordingly.

Bob Brunning's book about the band is largely worthless, but one of the things it does more than any other book about the band is expose Mick's duplicity regarding that '74 lawsuit. According to Clifford and members of Stretch and some roadies, etc, Mick was kind of keen on relaunching on the band--or at least led Clifford Davis to believe he was.

Even in Mick's own book he says "we kind of let it happen to ourselves." I wonder why, when Fleetwood and the McVies landed in LA, they found Bob Welch "very pissed off." Yeah, he was acting as "de facto manager," but he may also have been peeved by the core trio's ambiguity, and possibly Mick's duplicity. So much has not been said about that lawsuit. If we knew the whole story, I'll bet Davis would look a little less crazy than he seems.
I read Brunning's book and I remember thinking at that time that he wasn't so unreasonable about suing the band. Mick wanted to relaunch the band and he signed on the dotted line. He committed to be the known face of the "fake FM".... but he wasn't true to his promise.

But at that time I thought FM was the best thing that ever happened to rock music, and so I dismissed poor Clifford Davis's story.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.