The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think LB could do a concert of only his songs and no Fleetwood Mac tunes? He has 4 albums of material (5 if you count GOS) of songs.

Do you think that would appease the masses or does he HAVE to do FM tunes for those who aren't as knowledgable as Ledgies?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He definitely could and I think it would be freaking awesome, but people would be pissed if he didn't play Mac stuff.

It reminds me of watching people meet him and the first thing out of their mouth was, "When is Fleetwood Mac getting back together?" It would annoy the hell out of me. I mean, here is this talented, guitar God that you have alone for a second and you ask him that? Who cares? What about asking him something about his music, his tour, his albums? But, it just goes to show that the Mac will always be what made him and what so many people love about Lindsey...and he knows that.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
Do you think LB could do a concert of only his songs and no Fleetwood Mac tunes? He has 4 albums of material (5 if you count GOS) of songs.

Do you think that would appease the masses or does he HAVE to do FM tunes for those who aren't as knowledgable as Ledgies?
It seems to me that he'd be able to pick up on the fact that, yknow, this last tour, his solo songs got INSANE CRAZY reception. And people were yelling for more and more, especially the OOTC tracks. But. We were still screaming for SMAP... IKINW... etc.. and I don't think he'd ever let his Tusk songs go. As much as I love GYOW, I'd like to see him let it go, just to let Rumours have a rest... but I don't see it happening.

Ugh, I'd love to hear all of Law & Order live. All of it. Shadow of the West, zomg.

P.S. #1Liddy... that sig pic is awesome!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Shadow of the West, zomg.
YESSSS!!!!!!! That would be amazing!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems to me that he'd be able to pick up on the fact that, yknow, this last tour, his solo songs got INSANE CRAZY reception. And people were yelling for more and more, especially the OOTC tracks. But. We were still screaming for SMAP... IKINW... etc.. and I don't think he'd ever let his Tusk songs go. As much as I love GYOW, I'd like to see him let it go, just to let Rumours have a rest... but I don't see it happening.

Ugh, I'd love to hear all of Law & Order live. All of it. Shadow of the West, zomg.

P.S. #1Liddy... that sig pic is awesome!

yes yes and yes

Its a shame how much AMAZING solo stuff he has, and yet his setlist is like about 1/3 to 1/2 mac stuff!!
Id say keep ISA, and NGBA, and let the rest of it be gone! [but add in The Ledge, because i would killll to hear that live.]

and as for Law and Order live, honey dont even go there, youre just building me up for dissapointment.

Thinking of It Was I, Johnny Stew and A Satisfied Mind live is making me too excited. omg, can you imagine Slow Dancing [GI I know, but work with me!] live

I vote we all send him letters stating this.
maybe then it would knock some sense into him,
and you know the sad part?
he bashed Stevie and Christine in the 80s for doing a lot of mac stuff,
but isnt he just doing the same now
Old 03-22-2008, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
yes yes and yes

Its a shame how much AMAZING solo stuff he has, and yet his setlist is like about 1/3 to 1/2 mac stuff!!
Id say keep ISA, and NGBA, and let the rest of it be gone! [but add in The Ledge, because i would killll to hear that live.]

and as for Law and Order live, honey dont even go there, youre just building me up for dissapointment.

Thinking of It Was I, Johnny Stew and A Satisfied Mind live is making me too excited. omg, can you imagine Slow Dancing [GI I know, but work with me!] live

I vote we all send him letters stating this.
maybe then it would knock some sense into him,
and you know the sad part?
he bashed Stevie and Christine in the 80s for doing a lot of mac stuff,
but isnt he just doing the same now
Whats wrong with Go Insane? I like it ten times better than Law and Order.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Whats wrong with Go Insane? I like it ten times better than Law and Order.
She wasn't saying anything bad about Go Insane. Just replying to my comment about hearing ALL of Law & Order live, with a special mention of a GI song.

I hear lots of people say they like Go Insane more than Law & Order, but not me. I mean, I like GI a LOT. No, eff that. I LOVE GI a lot... but there's just something extra special about L&O for me.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

L&O was the last Lindsey album I got (including his Mac ones and before UTS was released) and I was not really very keen on it. I don't know what it was about it but I couldn't get into it. I ended up coming back to it and I love it now so I don't know what my problem was when I first heard it. I've been in love with GI since first listen.

Now that Sheryl is saying it's all just rumours and that they're just in talks about her working with FM does anyone think it's more likely we'll get a Lindsey album? I really hope so because I really, really, really want a new solo album!
Old 03-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
L&O was the last Lindsey album I got (including his Mac ones and before UTS was released) and I was not really very keen on it. I don't know what it was about it but I couldn't get into it. I ended up coming back to it and I love it now so I don't know what my problem was when I first heard it. I've been in love with GI since first listen.

Now that Sheryl is saying it's all just rumours and that they're just in talks about her working with FM does anyone think it's more likely we'll get a Lindsey album? I really hope so because I really, really, really want a new solo album!
I had the same problem with L&O in '81. It took me till '82 to fall in love with it. Go Isane made me feel proud about Lindsey simply because it was a groundbreaking album. I especially liked the second part of it, and not much later the album in its entirety.

I bet Crow had a talk with Stevie. Maybe Mick. But John and Lindsey I guess have to be pulled in yet. I don't think it's very likely. OR lindsey is given time for his next album and small tour. I bet he's still going for that, and then gives in to Stevie to do what she likes and go with the sell out of the Macenvironment.

The next solo-album HAS TO see the light!

Old 03-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She wasn't saying anything bad about Go Insane. Just replying to my comment about hearing ALL of Law & Order live, with a special mention of a GI song.

I hear lots of people say they like Go Insane more than Law & Order, but not me. I mean, I like GI a LOT. No, eff that. I LOVE GI a lot... but there's just something extra special about L&O for me.
Hmmmm ok.

Id kill to see I want you live. What a great song!
Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

responding to any and all comments above this one, and below my last one, i was not dissing GI in any way. i actually bought GI first, but as Sarah said, i was just stating how SD is a GI song while the rest i mentioned were L&O.

But yeah, Jimmy, I want You would be GREAT live. never thought he would do that one though, I think personally that LB is afraid to do some of his more adventerious solo stuff live becuase he may think that it sounds like crap compared to the album versions [but anything LB does is amazing, so idk why he would think that, if that is the reason]

nothing is wrong with GI, i actually liked it more than L&O before I listened to L&O like 10 times. Just I have to be in the mood for the quirkiness of GI[minus title track, and SD of course] , L&O fits in more with my everday life. I think that both albums have something very special about them, and you cant really compare one to another when it comes to specialness, i couldnt pick.

And to the other comments-
i agree 100% that LB should just put out a new solo album and forget FM. I have a feeling if SC does tour with them itll suck, and i dont want him, or John for that matter [micks a sell out and stevie is...well stevie(who dont get me wrong, i love, just i dont get the SC or VC thing)] to have to endure a horrible tour that may sound like crap. LB should just round up the mcvies [yes both of them!] and make a solo album.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Maybe Sheryl's people read the comments about her joining online and went "Umm....you might wanna tell them it was a rumour."

Old 03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Maybe Sheryl's people read the comments about her joining online and went "Umm....you might wanna tell them it was a rumour."

sorry sheryl, the fleetwood mac focus group did not return with positive response
Old 03-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sorry sheryl, the fleetwood mac focus group did not return with positive response
!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is still planning it. I posted his comments in the Rumours forum, because he talked about FM too, but he said he just has to find a label for his solo album.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003733037

Michele