User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
much as What's The World Coming To was IIRC about the only LB track on Say You Will that wasn't either recorded/performed around Dance time or originally intended for Gift of Screws.
I think Peacekeeper was new for SWY, too.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-12-2018, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of 50th anniversary compilation coming? Maybe the two or three new tracks will be on that, much like "The Chain."
Old 09-12-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Wasn't there supposed to be some kind of 50th anniversary compilation coming? Maybe the two or three new tracks will be on that, much like "The Chain."
If there was then it's a year late but then so was the Rumours 35th and Peter Gabriel and Paul Simon were similarly guilty with anniversarial reissues of So and Graceland.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you know, when a dog does its business people use the expression "he's leaving his calling card" on your lawn.

In other words, a calling card can be a turd.... in any sense of the word.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you for that reminder! how great was that?? amazing song and performance. it was such a thrill hearing this live back at the first show in Columbus, before it was released and we had no clue what kind of new song it will be. and then we got THIS!

and how sad that the whole EP time is being swept under the rug as it never existed now.

ENCORE! THAT WAS ****ING AMAZING! A great new song by Lindsey(FM). Too bad Stevie didn't want to participate in some new Mac creativity. Boo Stevie(Yoko)!
Old 09-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post

ENCORE! THAT WAS ****ING AMAZING! A great new song by Lindsey(FM). Too bad Stevie didn't want to participate in some new Mac creativity. Boo Stevie(Yoko)!
Stevie only contributed one track to the EP because of the death of her mother she said.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

of interest:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-petty-724996/

Campbell talks about the plans for Heartbreakers to tour with different singers in Tom's place, following up by possibly recording new material with some other songwriters (hmmm, Nicks maybe?) and tour that new Heartbreakers material. so doesn't sound like there's much plan for MC with FM after the currently booked tour is over. and any new material MC would work on seems pretty clear would not be FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-18-2018, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
of interest:

Campbell talks about the plans for Heartbreakers to tour with different singers in Tom's place, following up by possibly recording new material with some other songwriters (hmmm, Nicks maybe?) and tour that new Heartbreakers material. so doesn't sound like there's much plan for MC with FM after the currently booked tour is over. and any new material MC would work on seems pretty clear would not be FM.
I really think he’s a stand up guy and appreciates and respects the legacy of his band and their legions of fans. I never really thought there would be new music out of this bunch, and I have to wonder if mike and Neil believe and acknowledge this is a one gig event for them. With all the innuendo out over the last few days, whether it’s true or not, it just goes from worse to worse for this band in terms of press and PR. Mike is preserving his legacy. Much respect there
Old 09-18-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I really think he’s a stand up guy and appreciates and respects the legacy of his band and their legions of fans. I never really thought there would be new music out of this bunch, and I have to wonder if mike and Neil believe and acknowledge this is a one gig event for them. With all the innuendo out over the last few days, whether it’s true or not, it just goes from worse to worse for this band in terms of press and PR. Mike is preserving his legacy. Much respect there
on a flip side - this somewhat tone-deaf quote is also in that interview:

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-18-2018, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

In other words - I could never replace Tom Petty. But Lindsey Buckingham? No sweat.

Well, regardless of that faux pas, I'm glad he's bailing after this tour (if that is indeed true). He knows he's not really a member Fleetwood Mac, and given the chance to make music with his REAL band, the Heartbreakers - of course he's going to leap at it.

Get out as soon as you can, Mike! Don't spend years trapped in this travesty of a band! You can still toss Stevie a couple of instrumental tracks from a safe distance, if she ever wants to make new music again.

They might as well save their money and hire a sideman to fill the gap. Even the biggest name won't be able to fill Lindsey's shoes, and the ones who are really worth their salt won't want to attach themselves to FM anyway.

Or maybe they'll keep Mike in the band and let him tour concurrently!

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-18-2018 at 05:40 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
on a flip side - this somewhat tone-deaf quote is also in that interview:

Tone deaf and disrespectful to an enormous degree. I never thought he was long for FM despite how many times Mick said anything to the contrary. I believe now both Neil and Mike have said they’ve got some nearish term plans once the Disasterous Evening with Fleetwood Mac ends. Just about everything Mick has said about this lineup has been contradicted. It’s amazing (and almost enjoyable) to watch this train wreck unfold.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
In other words - I could never replace Tom Petty. But Lindsey Buckingham? No sweat.

Well, regardless of that faux pas, I'm glad he's bailing after this tour (if that is indeed true). He knows he's not really a member Fleetwood Mac, and given the chance to make music with his REAL band, the Heartbreakers - of course he's going to leap at it.

Get out as soon as you can, Mike! Don't spend years trapped in this travesty of a band! You can still toss Stevie a couple of instrumental tracks from a safe distance, if she ever wants to make new music again.

They might as well save their money and hire a sideman to fill the gap. Even the biggest name won't be able to fill Lindsey's shoes, and the ones who are really worth their salt won't want to attach themselves to FM anyway.

Or maybe they'll keep Mike in the band and let him tour concurrently!
He can't completely replace Lindsey--otherwise Finn wouldn't be here too. Mike should be running for the hills and totally agree he knows he's not a real member. Legacy matters to him and he should run back to the Heartbreakers as fast as he can.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
of interest:

I think that's a whole lot of tarot card reading from an article titled "We'll play together again someday."
I do hope you get to see Lindsey with FM again if that's what you really want.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Tone deaf and disrespectful to an enormous degree. I never thought he was long for FM despite how many times Mick said anything to the contrary. I believe now both Neil and Mike have said they’ve got some nearish term plans once the Disasterous Evening with Fleetwood Mac ends. Just about everything Mick has said about this lineup has been contradicted. It’s amazing (and almost enjoyable) to watch this train wreck unfold.
I guess the big difference is that one guy died suddenly and the other is alive and kicking. Although reading posts around here might bring you to question which is which.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
He can't completely replace Lindsey--
I hardly think he is trying to and we've seen absolutely no evidence of that.