You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Sorry, don't know how to embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8tv8Dz2JBk
It was a great show. I arrived at the Ziggo Dome around 17:15h and there were only approx 50 people waiting in line.

Doors opened at 18:15/18:30 and soon I found myself upfront at circa 4m from Stevie's mike-stand. Rock-concerts in The Netherlands are usualy general-admission on the floor.

The venue is quite new and designed for rock-concerts. So the sound quality was supposed to be good.

And it was! I was waiting for the crickets, but it was a short naturefeast this time.

Setlist had no surprises. I loved the long intro's and speeches. Although they were scripted, it had some funny notes. Esp. Stevie's.

I had a year of turmoil behind me and somehow some emotions came out when I saw them playing. And of course I heard my favourite song 'Sisters of the Moon' on several bootlegs, tears welled up when I heard and saw Stevie doing this song live with my own eyes en ears.

Most of the reviewers overhere mark the accoustic version of 'Big Love' as a highlight. But to me it is not the special anymore. I know his trick by now :-)

Loved Gold Dust Woman, So Afraid, Eyes of the World, Not that Funny. Second Hand News is a great opener.

I must be one of he few Die Hard-fans present, because no one in my inmediate surroundings seemed to recognise 'Sad Angel' of 'Without You'.

The 'Without You'- story is quite funny. Word of the day: SpaceFace -)

Stevie was shining and her voice was stunning. Lindsey energetic as ever. Wearing his silksuit jacket again.

In my opinion, Mick has to cut his funny voices and screams out of teh drum solo of World Turning. The drumsolo itself is ok and a nice interlude.

LIndsey's solo's are amazing and Johnny Mac's solid bass cannot be missed. Wow, this men is one of the modest persons I ever watched on a stage.

Somehow I didn't care for 'Say Goodbey' up till now....wow...that harmonies. I might have missed that 4 years ago.

Funny thing was, while standing in line some folks spoke to me and asked me if I was there too 4 years ago...they recognized me :-)

So, wednesday a reprise in Antwerp and in 2,5 weeks Amsterdam again.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
In my opinion, Mick has to cut his funny voices and screams out of teh drum solo of World Turning. The drumsolo itself is ok and a nice interlude.

Somehow I didn't care for 'Say Goodbey' up till now....wow...that harmonies. I might have missed that 4 years ago.

Funny thing was, while standing in line some folks spoke to me and asked me if I was there too 4 years ago...they recognized me :-)
Drummer's in bands like to have their shining moment onstage. Unfortunately for Mick, it always generates complaints from us fans. I doubt the people in line remembered you from 4 years ago. More than likely they were asking if you attended 4 years ago because they wanted to know if you were a real or casual fan.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It was a great show! Better than the last time I saw them (Oberhausen, 2009), more interaction between Stevie and Lindsey, Stevie's voice was better I think and the sound at the venue was great. I was standing in the front just left of Stevie. Highlights for me were Sara, the Without You intro, I'm So Afraid and the extended GDW.
I'm still surprised how many don't understand the concept of encore, I can't believe how many people quickly got up and left after GYOW. Also annoying: the house lights were on during Say Goodbye!
My feet still hurt from standing up so long but it was totally worth it! Unfortunately I can't afford to go to the 2nd Amsterdam show or any of the other shows.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was a great show. I arrived at the Ziggo Dome around 17:15h and there were only approx 50 people waiting in line.

Doors opened at 18:15/18:30 and soon I found myself upfront at circa 4m from Stevie's mike-stand. Rock-concerts in The Netherlands are usualy general-admission on the floor.

The venue is quite new and designed for rock-concerts. So the sound quality was supposed to be good.

And it was! I was waiting for the crickets, but it was a short naturefeast this time.

Setlist had no surprises. I loved the long intro's and speeches. Although they were scripted, it had some funny notes. Esp. Stevie's.

I had a year of turmoil behind me and somehow some emotions came out when I saw them playing. And of course I heard my favourite song 'Sisters of the Moon' on several bootlegs, tears welled up when I heard and saw Stevie doing this song live with my own eyes en ears.

Most of the reviewers overhere mark the accoustic version of 'Big Love' as a highlight. But to me it is not the special anymore. I know his trick by now :-)

Loved Gold Dust Woman, So Afraid, Eyes of the World, Not that Funny. Second Hand News is a great opener.

I must be one of he few Die Hard-fans present, because no one in my inmediate surroundings seemed to recognise 'Sad Angel' of 'Without You'.

The 'Without You'- story is quite funny. Word of the day: SpaceFace -)

Stevie was shining and her voice was stunning. Lindsey energetic as ever. Wearing his silksuit jacket again.

LIndsey's solo's are amazing and Johnny Mac's solid bass cannot be missed. Wow, this men is one of the modest persons I ever watched on a stage.

Great Review. Sounds like it was a great show. I can't wait to see more of the videos
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara by Barry van Velthoven

Go Your Own Way by Barry van Velthoven

Big Love by Barry van Velthroven

Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love by Steve van Dijk

Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Great Review. Sounds like it was a great show. I can't wait to see more of the videos
It is hard to find videos of complete songs from this show, so far. There are many videos of parts of songs but I don't want to post those. If the filmer misses a line or two, I'll post, but I won't post half a song unless it's totally worth it, i.e. with great quality picture and sound.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
It was a great show! Better than the last time I saw them (Oberhausen, 2009), more interaction between Stevie and Lindsey, Stevie's voice was better I think and the sound at the venue was great. I was standing in the front just left of Stevie. Highlights for me were Sara, the Without You intro, I'm So Afraid and the extended GDW.
I'm still surprised how many don't understand the concept of encore, I can't believe how many people quickly got up and left after GYOW. Also annoying: the house lights were on during Say Goodbye!
My feet still hurt from standing up so long but it was totally worth it! Unfortunately I can't afford to go to the 2nd Amsterdam show or any of the other shows.
Glad you had a great time Sanne. I can't believe that people were ready to leave. I'm more used to the opposite: them thinking that there's more to come even after Say Goodbye, rather than bolting too soon. Novices!

Yes having the house lights up must have spoiled the mood quite a bit. I bet Lindsey was perturbed inside.

Michele
Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
\

Exciting to have more to look forward to and compare. Thanks for the review. Michele
Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Without You Story & Song

by Chris Links

http://

Landslide

by Chris Links

Sara

by Chris Links

Last edited by Deeshere; 10-08-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Old 10-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a picture of the crowd that someone posted to flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99977709@N04/10154336195/
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara
by SuperDemon04

WOW...OH...WOW...Look at Stevie smiling during the Sara dance. I don't think I have seen her this happy in a long, long time (and never this happy around Lindsey). If I were Kristen I might be a bit worried

Last edited by Deeshere; 10-09-2013 at 01:17 AM..
Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It is hard to find videos of complete songs from this show, so far. There are many videos of parts of songs but I don't want to post those. If the filmer misses a line or two, I'll post, but I won't post half a song unless it's totally worth it, i.e. with great quality picture and sound.
I agree. It's getting harder and harder to find a good video that's not in the upper, upper balcony (though I am grateful to anyone that post their videos for the rest of us) or a video that's even of a complete song.

COME ON LEDGIES... you gotta do better than this. I know it's hard to video, sing and drink all at the same time, but YOU CAN DO IT. If your American and Canadian brothers and sisters can do if for you, you should to the same for them. Also, no one's videoing any of the 1st and 2nd encores where Stevie and Lindsey walk back out on stage holding hands and almost no one has recorded the end of the shows. I know a lot of people on this board don't care about any of that and that's fine, but the rest of us want to see what's going on in between and after the songs.

I love all my Ledgie brothers and sisters, but GET OUT THERE AND VIDEO RECORD LIKE YOU'VE NEVER RECORDED BEFORE. You never know what's going to happen with this band or if they will ever even tour again (which will kill me), so don't miss what could be YOUR LAST CHANCE to record Fleetwood Mac for posterity sake. And remember...Drink one beer for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's a picture of the crowd that someone posted to flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99977709@N04/10154336195/
Wow. That's a really cool pic.