The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the album a great deal. The only clunker for me is Stand On The Rock. It sounds very generic to me.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 PM
foxyluva
This message has been deleted by foxyluva.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, Stand On The Rock is so generic, so of course they had to include it in their tour set! I saw two shows on the Behind The Mask tour. While I applaud them for opening the show with a new song (In The Back Of My Mind), I found the opening to be a little pompus and overwrought -- with a big build-up for the pay-off of a middle-of-the-road song.

Stevie was a complete zombie during these shows. She didn't even bother to sing any of her new songs (the closest she came was when she sang Love Is Dangerous, which wasn't always included in the set.

They only performed:

In The Back Of My Mind
Love Is Dangerous (sometimes)
Save Me
Stand On The Rock
When The Sun Goes Down (dropped early on -- although the live version I have is really good!)

I wish they would have performed:

Freedom
Affairs Of The Heart
Hard Feelings
Behind The Mask
Skies The Limit
Old 03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I agree, Stand On The Rock is so generic, so of course they had to include it in their tour set! I saw two shows on the Behind The Mask tour. While I applaud them for opening the show with a new song (In The Back Of My Mind), I found the opening to be a little pompus and overwrought -- with a big build-up for the pay-off of a middle-of-the-road song.

Stevie was a complete zombie during these shows. She didn't even bother to sing any of her new songs (the closest she came was when she sang Love Is Dangerous, which wasn't always included in the set.

They only performed:

In The Back Of My Mind
Love Is Dangerous (sometimes)
Save Me
Stand On The Rock
When The Sun Goes Down (dropped early on -- although the live version I have is really good!)

I wish they would have performed:

Freedom
Affairs Of The Heart
Hard Feelings
Behind The Mask
Skies The Limit

Someone on another board claims Affairs of the Heart was done at an AUS 90 show she/he went to and was very positive that they did it.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is actually one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac albums. I love:

In the Back of My Mind
Stand on the Rock
Affairs of the Heart (LOVE this)
Skies the Limit
Save Me
Love is Dangerous
When the Sun Goes Down
Freedom

Worst: Ehh The Second Time I guess

There really isn't a worse on this one for me. I love this album!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Someone on another board claims Affairs of the Heart was done at an AUS 90 show she/he went to and was very positive that they did it.
Can anyone else confirm that? I would like to think/hope that is true, and more so, that the concert was bootlegged and it will eventually emerge. I would love to hear that song performed live. It's not her best song -- though it's tuneful, lively and fun. But I'm not a fan of a blatent rip off of an old tired cliche "It's better to have loved and lost..." Ehh! And the lyrics are clunky as hell.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-21-2007 at 12:17 AM..
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

best: Freedom/Skies the Limit (tie)
worst: Stand On the Rock
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Can anyone else confirm that? I would like to think/hope that is true, and more so, that the concert was bootlegged and it will eventually emerge. I would love to hear that song performed live. It's not her best song -- though it's tuneful, lively and fun. But I'm not a fan of a blatent rip off of an old tired cliche "It's better to have loved and lost..." Ehh! And the lyrics are clunky as hell.
I hope it will emerge one day. It is truly one of my favorite Mac songs.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I pretty much like every song on this record. My least favs are Stand on the Rock and Love is Dangerous.

Standouts are all of Christine's songs, In the Back of My Mind and When the Sun Goes Down

The Second Time is probably one of my favorite songs ever done by them. Yes, the vocals are lifeless, as are all of her vocals on this record, but I still love it. I would love to hear it live. I think it would make an excellent show closer.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Favorite: either Affairs or Hard Feelings

Least: Do You Know - just too slow for me
Old 04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My favourite track hands down is The Second Time. The only diminishing factor is that god-awful synthersizer during the bridge section but alas, it was a sign of the times. I'll never understand why this song has been so mercilessly flogged.

Second fave would be the title track, closely followed by Love Is Dangerous and Freedom.

Worst song is probably Hard Feelings but basically anything Billy Burnette ever did made my stomach turn. He ought to be assassinated. I was fond of Rick though - he should have stuck around for Time - then perhaps it wouldn't have turned out to be the worst album ever recorded - not just by the Mac but by any artist. Completely and utterly atrocious.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
My favourite track hands down is The Second Time. The only diminishing factor is that god-awful synthersizer during the bridge section but alas, it was a sign of the times. I'll never understand why this song has been so mercilessly flogged.

Second fave would be the title track, closely followed by Love Is Dangerous and Freedom.

Worst song is probably Hard Feelings but basically anything Billy Burnette ever did made my stomach turn. He ought to be assassinated. I was fond of Rick though - he should have stuck around for Time - then perhaps it wouldn't have turned out to be the worst album ever recorded - not just by the Mac but by any artist. Completely and utterly atrocious.
while I love your picks (TST, LID and Freedom are some of my favs) the assassination bit is a little much. y/n?

surely, you're just kidding, but it's worth mentioning.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He ought to be assassinated. .

Class act, Phil, class act.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fair enough guys - I'll take back the assassination request. Let's just say that I'm pleased he's no longer in the band.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Ledgie

Hello,

I havnt posted in a long while.But after reading Phil's comments i thought i must reply.

'My favourite track hands down is The Second Time. The only diminishing factor is that god-awful synthersizer during the bridge section but alas, it was a sign of the times. I'll never understand why this song has been so mercilessly flogged.

Worst song is probably Hard Feelings but basically anything Billy Burnette ever did made my stomach turn. He ought to be assassinated. I was fond of Rick though - he should have stuck around for Time - then perhaps it wouldn't have turned out to be the worst album ever recorded - not just by the Mac but by any artist. Completely and utterly atrocious.'

My fav tracks on BTM is In The Back Of My Mind & Behind The Mask(The demos are as good if not better than the tracks that i have listed)

While On Time my favs are Winds Of Change & All Over Again.

Im my opinion Time is a good album as was Behind The Mask.

My ratings out of 10 would be BTM (7.5) Time (8) Say You Will (5)

Fleetwood Mac would have been better if Rick Vito,Billy Burnette and Christine Mcvie were still in the band.

Even though i like all eras of fleetwood mac i for one will not be buying a new FM album or going to see them on tour, if the same line up remains and if it becomes the LB love in show

But if the Mick Fleetwood Band tour in the UK i would jump at the chance to see them live.

Julian

Ps apologies if this post if a bit offtrack
Feel free to move it if required

Julian

Last edited by jools; 04-06-2007 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: part of text in wrong place
Old 04-14-2007, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Btm

Best: absolutely Freedom
Worst: Behind The Mask, maybe In The Back Of My Mind

But great songs are Affairs Of The Heart and Save Me too.

This times are my favourite, why was I born in 1989, why in Czech.... :-(