The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oops, sorry, wrong url...here's the correct one.

Official Billy Burnette site

I also corrected the link in my original post, too.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Web site

Hey thanks!
Interesting~ I didn't realize that they were so active. I mean being so caught up in the present mac..
Rock On~
Old 02-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And who knew the BILLIONS of times that we've heard the Chevy Like a Rock commercial, that we were hearing Rick!
Old 02-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rick's tune "Exotica By Night" was played in a bar scene in one episode of "West Wing", too!

Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine McVie just got better with age...I love Over My Head, You Make Loving Fun, Brown Eyes, etc. I also enjoy Love in Store and Hold Me, but thought they were a little too, I don't know, more cream than coffee. But her contributions to Tango in the Night and Behind the Mask were the best things about both albums.

I noticed two thing that made me wonder about this:
1) By Tango, she was co-writing with her then-husband Eddie Quintela.

2) Tango and Mask came out after her 1984 album.

Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Everywhere, Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and Behind the Mask are some of her most confident material and run the gamut, from polished pop perfection to sublime. As much as I like her earlier stuff, there just seems to be a confidence in her later songs I don't sense from before. Does anyone else notice this, and if so, what do you attribute the change to?
Old 10-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Christine McVie just got better with age...I love Over My Head, You Make Loving Fun, Brown Eyes, etc. I also enjoy Love in Store and Hold Me, but thought they were a little too, I don't know, more cream than coffee. But her contributions to Tango in the Night and Behind the Mask were the best things about both albums.

I noticed two thing that made me wonder about this:
1) By Tango, she was co-writing with her then-husband Eddie Quintela.

2) Tango and Mask came out after her 1984 album.

Little Lies, Isn't It Midnight, Everywhere, Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and Behind the Mask are some of her most confident material and run the gamut, from polished pop perfection to sublime. As much as I like her earlier stuff, there just seems to be a confidence in her later songs I don't sense from before. Does anyone else notice this, and if so, what do you attribute the change to?

I would agree about her songs from 1987-current are great and have got much more prolific in many ways. I think what I like most is Lindsey's influence on her songs . He brings out so much. I can't wait to hear the tracks that have been recorded for the new release.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I agree about Lindsey, BLY, I think Christine's songs on BTM are just as good, if not better than her stuff on Tango. I think the combination of writing with her husband and having more confidence is why her material on Tango and BTM are so good. I am very curious about Christine's writing now, since her divorce. I really disliked Temporary One, but that was just one song.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
While I agree about Lindsey, BLY, I think Christine's songs on BTM are just as good, if not better than her stuff on Tango.
I must repectfully disagree. Whilst Save Me and Skies the Limit are written in the same vein as Everywhere and Little Lies, I find them to be a little too formulaic in their reliance on the hook. Perhaps I find them 'cheap' immitations due to the poor production style (also the silly 'wooshing' sound effects on Behind The Mask ruin the song a bit). Overall I personally prefer her earlier Fleetwood Mac material. I think she worked harder on her songs earlier in her career and... I don't know; 1971-74 and even white album-Tusk, I just find them to be a bit earthier. I think she definitely grew in confidence as a writer and reached a stage where she knew she could follow a formula and knock out a hit relatively easily. My recollection is Behind The Mask was considered to be short of a catchy song so she just knocked out Skies The Limit really quickly at the last minute.

I was excited when she recently (two years ago) suggested her new songs were a return to the sound of her earlier material.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:36 PM
eapedJam
This message has been deleted by Ledge Moderators.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:40 PM
eapedJam
This message has been deleted by Ledge Moderators.