Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LA Weekly Disses "Time" 22 Years Later

LA Weekly has published a piece recalling Fleetwood Mac's 1995 disaster "Time".

http://www.laweekly.com/music/fleetw...c-west-8420848
Old 07-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Screw this guy.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agree or disagree, the guy obviously knew his stuff. But one thing I think he misjudged in regards to how 'surprising' it was that FM rebounded is that Time, without Stevie AND Lindsey, simply didn't feel or sound like a FM album. Behind the Mask and Say You Will, although not that successful, still hold up because they have two of the three prolific songwriters/singers. Time didn't, and the album suffers because of that.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Agree or disagree, the guy obviously knew his stuff. But one thing I think he misjudged in regards to how 'surprising' it was that FM rebounded is that Time, without Stevie AND Lindsey, simply didn't feel or sound like a FM album. Behind the Mask and Say You Will, although not that successful, still hold up because they have two of the three prolific songwriters/singers. Time didn't, and the album suffers because of that.
That's partially right. There are some great songs on Time but most of the album is forgettable for a reason. Christine McVie even went on the record wondering why Dave Mason was brought into the band. It just shows she knew the sound changed and probably did not care to work with him for such a statement about her band. Bekka is very talented and beautiful. It was seen as bringing a beautiful Stevie replacement into the band (even though that may not have been the intent).
The album is worth getting just for Nights in Estoril. Its classic Mac with Christine keyboard playing. Its a classic Christine love song that rocks. Its an amazing song and actually one of my all time favorites......ever. Its a really great song.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2017 at 05:29 AM..
Old 07-21-2017, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Screw this guy.
Pretty much my thoughts too. Time is a good album, a little disjointed, but other than These Strange Times or whatever its called, I think its fairly decent. Its only because no-one could handle the change in personnel. Hell, the only thing missing really was Rick Vito in place of Mason (although my general dislike of Mason is well documented).

On the topic of Mason I must have missed the release of his live album in 2016 "Traffic Jam". Only just noticed I don't have it.