Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mac Dreams

So I had a dream last night that I was at a pretty intimate Mac show - the Rumours line-up, but in a small venue. Suddenly, Christine comes to the end of the stage and invites people to raise their hand if they want to come on-stage and be a volunteer. I, of course, wave wildly and she selects me and a few others. We're then invited to link arms and sing backup on Say You Love Me. Suddenly the curtain is going down, and of all the audience members, I'm the only one left on stage. The band is now 4 people - the SYW line-up. I get a moment to talk to Stevie and Lindsey and I thank them for their music and tell them how its touched me. And then we take one of those self-portraits with my camera...you know, the ones you see on Facebook all the time where you hold the camera away from your face. So I have the coveted picture with Stevie and Lindsey. I shake hands with John and Mick and leave the stage. When I get back to my seat, I look through the photos on my digital camera to relive the moment, but all the Mac pics are gone.

...this is when I woke up with a start. I was a) relieved that I hadn't lost a picture with Lindsey and Stevie and b) disappointed that it was all a dream and I hadn't actually met them

I'm sure there have been threads like this in the past, but anyone else have any Mac dreams they'd like to share?? Any dream interpreters out there? Any idea what mine means?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a weird dream a few nights ago, I was in this beautiful concert hall, it had all shades of orange swirls going up the walls semi lit, anyway F/M were about to hit the stage, so I tried to run up the front, but only to be pushed over I was getting squashed & i couldn't get up off the floor, anyway the music stopped for a moment so I was able to get up, then i rushed back up the front Stevie was about to sing but the stage lights went off , she fell over something on the stage I remember feeling piss off cause these 2 girls ran on stage to help her up, & wished that I had of got there first to help, anyway the stage lights were playing up so the show ended, I was soooo upset lol I did not like that dream at all... Lala I liked your dream..

Last edited by Aussie W/Heart; 09-19-2009 at 06:13 AM..
Old 09-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've had some ridiculous Stevie-related dreams.... really sappy ones that I HATE to wake up from but once I am awake, I feel super creepy for whatever I dreamed about
Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

As obssessed as I am I don't recall any dreams of them, which really sucks. Buy my husband who has to hear all of my talk and music about them dreamed he got to play the guitar with Lindsey and hang out with him like at a party... I am like what the hell? That ain't fair at all! He thinks it's funny though.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I've had some ridiculous Stevie-related dreams.... really sappy ones that I HATE to wake up from but once I am awake, I feel super creepy for whatever I dreamed about
I know that feeling...!

Here's a rather intimate confession: Last week I dreamed that Lindsey tried to force himself on me .... and I still can't decide whether that was a good or bad dream...!?
Interpretations??
Old 09-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

I've had three Stevie-related Dreams that I can share.
Apologies to anyone who's heard these before.

In the first, I was in a long hallway with many doors on each side. The sort of hallway you might find in an office building. I opened one of the doors and there was a party going on - not a wild party, though, more like a polite, quiet cocktail party. There was a long table on the left side of the room, with a lot of people sitting down and eating. Mick was sitting near the far end of the table.
I then saw that Stevie was standing with Sharon and Lori on the other side of the room, chatting quietly, laughing and having cocktails with them. I went over to the table and they told me that I could only sit down if I sang a piece of music for them - and it had to be spot-on! . . .
Problem IS, I can't sing to save my life. Seriously, the neighbors, cops, fire department, FBI and several Departments of the U.S. Government have asked me to never, never sing. ... They gave me some sheet music and I was like, "uhhh..." Stevie got this exasperated look and was like, "OH Christ I'll be right back!" She walked quickly over to me, GRABBED the sheet music out of my hands, sang it perfectly, shoved the sheets back into my hand, rolled her eyes and walked quickly back to her friends. So then I sat down near Mick and he was like, "Okay, so you get to sit down . . . but do you get to stay? We'll see..."
And that was the whole thing...

In the second, Stevie was simply making a video - This was around the Say You Will era or so - think long, flowing blonde hair and wearing red leather pants, etc. Stevie was simply standing with a bunch of other people in rows and columns, kind of forming a "human rectangle" - they played footage of a roller-coaster on a screen in front of them, and played Stevie's "latest song" - it was kind of "eerie but nice" - had a "rock" flavor to it at the same time - and everyone in the rectangle including Stevie had to pretend they were on the roller-coaster, so if it banked left they would lean to the left, etc. That was the whole thing - pretty much a very simple dream, I think.

In the third, Stevie was accepting some kind of an award - in a very small theater - think "local amateur theater near the airport." She was up on-stage with several others - sitting in metal folding chairs - and for some reason they were all in a couple of rows on the left side of the stage, facing the center. They gave Stevie her award and she politely accepted it and sat down; and then gave out some more awards to others. Then the awards show ended, and they announced that there would be a reception for everyone, both award recipients and audience members, in the basement. All the people on the stage got up and left - except Stevie. She just simply sat there all by herself, looking at the stage floor and looking very, very sad. Then a big, older guy with grey hair came out - looked like a retired executive or something - wearing a nice beige suit - Stevie stood up and he put her coat on her, and they walked off to the left exit of the stage hand-in-hand, not really talking, just being very very quiet.
Then my Mom came out of the blue and sat down next to me, and reminded me about the reception, and I asked her if she thought Stevie was going to be there, and she said "I don't think so, no..." And that was that...

ANY-way those were them! . . . . . . . . .

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 09-20-2009 at 10:28 PM..
Old 09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That last dream of yours, Tim, is verrrrry interesting to me.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like reading about you alls "Mac" dreams.

I've had many. One of the weirdest was from this
past year. Though I've forgot many of the details.
I was walking up to our dairy, around the back where
we had the lots where the cows would wait to be
milked. On the side of this lot was a pen that we
would keep the baby calves in (for a short time before
we had to separate them from their mothers for good).
So I'm walking around this pen and I see Stevie and
Lindsey inside, which didn't seem so weird in the dream.
But what I remember about Lindsey is that he was very
sick. I remember seeing his yellowed teeth. I was very
worried about him. Then I woke up, but still had that
worried feeling.

Interpretations? (Besides I'm crazy)
Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Another one...

A few years ago I had a dream I was Christine's replacment. The band and I were backstage at an outdoor concert event and a documentary crew was filming as we sang an acoustic version of Peacekeeper with killer 3-part harmonies.

Can you imagine how pissed I was when I woke up?
Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love hearing about the dreams, you guys!!!

I've had plenty of them before... I even think I had a dream about Stevie within the past week or so. I always enjoy them, they always get me in a Mac mood, and then I get sad because I've never met them!

Never had a dream that I've been playing with them, or Stevie for that matter. As much of a dream as that is, you would have thought at least once, right?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
That last dream of yours, Tim, is verrrrry interesting to me.

UUT-oh!!!

Should I flee to Canada???

Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm getting ready to go to sleep now, and I am going to try to will myself to have a Mac dream. If I do, I'll post tomorrow.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OKAY!! Believe it, or not, I DID have a Mac dream last night, and because I'm sick, it was mixed up and weird, so , I don't remember it well.....figures!!!

I will try to will myself again tonight...lol
Old 11-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm deathly ill with bronchitis/borderline pnemonia (sp? Too lazy to look it up), so I took some NyQuil this morning and slept the afternoon away. It was lovely, and lead to a great Mac dream.

I wrote a song with Stevie We were in a dimly lit room (candles, naturally), sitting by a huge fireplace and a black grand piano. Everything covered in lace and paper flowers and shawls; the room smelled like lavender musk. It was like, totally Stevie-ified. There was parchment paper with scribbles on it EVERYWHERE, some falling into the fireplace and slowly burning. We had written and rewritten and written again by the start of my dream, I think.

So here we were, sitting on this piano bench together, writing lyrics. I would write one like and she would either make a little suggestion or continue to the next. We went back and forth like this, somehow writing the music with it. At the end of the dream, she played and sang it for me, and towards the end, I sang along.

It was magically, predictably, pretentiously SO amazing. This NyQuil thing is working for me.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a dream where I was going to a Lindsey concert, but the venue changed. I eventually found the new venue, and woke up pretty much just as I found it! Disappointing!
Otherwise, that's about it so far...
NB. Not necessarily in that order...