User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Thank you for clarifying re: Showtime.. although it couldn't have been broadcast "live" in 1983.
You're welcome .I was just pointing out when it was broadcast on Showtime,I didn't mean to suggest it was a live broadcast .I'm well aware of when the Forum shows were taped,seeing as I was actually in the audience.

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 08-14-2009 at 12:33 AM..
Old 08-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Yes, singing "lightning strikes...maybe once, maybe twice" is a very physical task. Even the strongest of singers would likely suffer a physical and mental break down at the attempt! Getting through an entire Stevie song is an Olympic event - not for the faint of heart! Sing it if you dare!
Well, that's why she didn't sing Crystal.

Michele
Old 08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Ledgie

David, which yelp is it?
Old 06-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

This cannot even compete wiv the other stories, but it is germane to the Mirage tour. I was living in San Francisco in Fall 1982. A friend of mine, a co-worker, went to one of the Oakland shows. The next day when I asked her how it was she told me, "All the young girls were screaming for Stevie." I understand and read now that Stevie was at best lukewarm about touring that year. Her star was ascending and I'm sure her loyalties were at times torn.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-10-2018, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I really enjoyed this older thread. What cool stories. I remember reading in Cream magazine exactly what David pointed out. The cancelled shows were because Stevie was "sick."
The story about meeting Stevie getting into the limo with top hat and stuff animals was truly incredible.
Although there are a few errors in reporting. The Mirage concert was on HBO, not Showtime. We never had Showtime and HBO was our only premium channel in those days. I would scan the HBO booklet that came every month looking again for the concert. I would tape the concert by putting a tape recorder up to the TV At age 13 I even wrote HBO corporate offices asking them to please air the concert again. I got a very nice letter back from them too.
So that was my Mirage tour story even though I was not there

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-10-2018 at 10:22 AM..
Old 06-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I really enjoyed this older thread. What cool stories. I remember reading in Cream magazine exactly what David pointed out. The cancelled shows were because Stevie was "sick."
The story about meeting Stevie getting into the limo with top had and stuff animals was truly incredible.
Although there are a few errors in reporting. The Mirage concert was on HBO, not Showtime. We never had Showtime and HBO was our only premium channel in those days. I would scan the HBO booklet that came every month looking again for the concert. I would tape the concert by putting a tape recorder up to the TV At age 13 I even wrote HBO corporate offices asking them to please air the concert again. I got a very nice letter back from them too.
So that was my Mirage tour story even though I was not there
That's really a sweet story. I used to be that obsessed, too.

I was there. For one show(Indy). Front and center. $16! No, I didn't drop a digit. $16!!!