The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The perfect solution to the new album/tour problem!

Lindsey and Christine want to record new music and tour on it; Stevie wants to skip making a new album and just tour with the band. The perfect solution is right there- do what Stevie is doing right now and tour singing FM songs they've never done live before!!! Stevie is getting rave reviews from critics AND the fans for singing songs she's never done before or hasn't done in years, so wouldn't that also work for FM?

Imagine if they performed I Don't Want to Know, Warm Ways, Brown Eyes, Over and Over, the Ledge, Planets of the Universe, If You Were My Love, Hold Me, Love in Store, As Long As You Follow, Save Me a Place, That's Alright, etc. Pick those 'deep cuts' they've only played once or twice or never at all alongside their classic hits.

Personally, I would rather see a tour where they sing THESE songs rather than new ones that we might not like as much. I would like a new album, too, but hearing older songs like these would be a true dream come true for lots of fans.

I really think the band would benefit from something like this. What do you guys think?
Old 12-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey and Christine want to record new music and tour on it; Stevie wants to skip making a new album and just tour with the band. The perfect solution is right there- do what Stevie is doing right now and tour singing FM songs they've never done live before!!! Stevie is getting rave reviews from critics AND the fans for singing songs she's never done before or hasn't done in years, so wouldn't that also work for FM?

Imagine if they performed I Don't Want to Know, Warm Ways, Brown Eyes, Over and Over, the Ledge, Planets of the Universe, If You Were My Love, Hold Me, Love in Store, As Long As You Follow, Save Me a Place, That's Alright, etc. Pick those 'deep cuts' they've only played once or twice or never at all alongside their classic hits.

Personally, I would rather see a tour where they sing THESE songs rather than new ones that we might not like as much. I would like a new album, too, but hearing older songs like these would be a true dream come true for lots of fans.

I really think the band would benefit from something like this. What do you guys think?
I'd really like such tour, and maye whi know it's what Stevie wants to do with them. I'd actually prefer it over a new album, especially if there would be a DVD.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't understand how this would be a solution. Performing songs that have been rarely performed or not at all has nothing to do with creating new music. I would love to have new material PLUS all the rarities that are mentioned. Christine and Lindsey love to create new music. They are itching to do this one more time since they have not worked together in the studio since the 1980's. I don't understand how any Mac fan would sacrifice a new studio album from these 5 members. It blows my mind to think of such a thing. I just hope it happens.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-06-2016 at 01:10 PM..
Old 12-06-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't understand how this would be a solution. Performing songs that have been rarely performed or not at all has nothing to do with creating new music. I would love to have new material PLUS all the rarities that are mentioned. Christine and Lindsey love to create new music. They are itching to do this one more time since they have not worked together in the studio since the 1980's. I don't understand how any Mac fan would sacrifice a new studio album from these 5 members. It blows my mind to think of such a thing. I just hope it happens.
Well, I didn't say that I don't want a new album at all, and actually many Stevie fans now are prefering Stevie to tour with songs that "have been rarely performed or not at all" instead of doing a 24K Gold Part 2 for example.
If one or more of the members isn't into it, it is guaranteed that the album won't be a good work, and probably it would take even more time to complete.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 12-06-2016 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: grammatical error