User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$tevie fans love numbers. They always have. They equate quantity with quality. The rest of us fans understand the difference.

BOOM!
they love numbers but selectively - like, they don't like numbers showing how many FM hits were written by Christine vs how many were written by Stevie.

it's always funny to see statements from the clueless on the internets such as - Stevie wrote the biggest and most known FM hits or Stevie wrote the best FM songs. and then when you ask which songs, those same people cite GYOW, Songbird, or The Chain.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-11-2020, 07:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Years of Thoughts in a Rant

this is getting so out of hand, you all waited decades for stevie to f up somehow (the one that was loyal to the band longer than Lindsey despite a busy solo career) to absolutely ruin her and call her a witch/hag/attention wh*re whatever. All the other f ups of the band members are forgiven and you all act like they're angels, lindsey buckingham is no angel and never has been, and we ALL have read endlessly how hard he is to work with. Remember when he quit the band after contracts were signed and a whole big ass tour was booked, that was a real f'ed up thing to do the band, don't you people think?

I don't post like ever so I am going to make one long post about my opinions on the matters of the mac the last few years...

1) Stevie refusing to record new album
She probably doesn't write anymore and honestly that's fine... she earned her status to go on these endless tours and play her repertoire.
Also, he has become an awful producer, sorry to you old farts that actually thought Buckingham Mcvie sounded good... his production screams crackhead and is stuck in the Tango in the Night Era with his awful effects and constantly pitching background voices up and down (ugh he ruined so many good say you will songs with this). I could understand not wanting to record with him, she is 70 something and deserves to decide how she wants to record her music. I agree with anyone that says she was wrong to say no and keep them on a string, but that's their fault for not putting their foot down and saying we are recording a fleetwood mac album, get involved or don't.

2) Lindsey getting fired
We know the rumours behind the firing, but we still do not know the entire truth. You people are so salty at Stevie without actual factual evidence other than Lindsey's side of the story, which doesn't even make sense. This musicares sh*t has to be Stevie's excuse for something else. Lindsey has kicked her (allegedly I guess?), berated her, and condescended to her so many times in the past, him laughing and looking at an imaginary watch during her speech is rly the feather that broke the camel's back? I don't buy it. Even so, she is 70 years old, it's life to not get along with people and not be able to work with individuals from personal baggage. Yes, she should've just shut up and let the band finish the last few years up (she has dealt with him all these years, with literally a handful left) but I am SO sick of the absolute vitriol that has destroyed this forum from obsessed buckingham fans that never liked stevie nicks (homermcvie) and finally got the ammo they've been waiting for to wreak havoc on this website, I hardly ever check on here anymore because it sucks now.

P.S. wish I had this kind of energy to write my college thesis paper.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-11-2020, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightback818 View Post
this is getting so out of hand, you all waited decades for stevie to f up somehow (the one that was loyal to the band longer than Lindsey despite a busy solo career) to absolutely ruin her and call her a witch/hag/attention wh*re whatever. All the other f ups of the band members are forgiven and you all act like they're angels, lindsey buckingham is no angel and never has been, and we ALL have read endlessly how hard he is to work with. Remember when he quit the band after contracts were signed and a whole big ass tour was booked, that was a real f'ed up thing to do the band, don't you people think?

I don't post like ever so I am going to make one long post about my opinions on the matters of the mac the last few years...

She probably doesn't write anymore and honestly that's fine... she earned her status to go on these endless tours and play her repertoire.
Also, he has become an awful producer, sorry to you old farts that actually thought Buckingham Mcvie sounded good... his production screams crackhead and is stuck in the Tango in the Night Era with his awful effects and constantly pitching background voices up and down (ugh he ruined so many good say you will songs with this). I could understand not wanting to record with him, she is 70 something and deserves to decide how she wants to record her music. I agree with anyone that says she was wrong to say no and keep them on a string, but that's their fault for not putting their foot down and saying we are recording a fleetwood mac album, get involved or don't.

2) Lindsey getting fired
We know the rumours behind the firing, but we still do not know the entire truth. You people are so salty at Stevie without actual factual evidence other than Lindsey's side of the story, which doesn't even make sense. This musicares sh*t has to be Stevie's excuse for something else. Lindsey has kicked her (allegedly I guess?), berated her, and condescended to her so many times in the past, him laughing and looking at an imaginary watch during her speech is rly the feather that broke the camel's back? I don't buy it. Even so, she is 70 years old, it's life to not get along with people and not be able to work with individuals from personal baggage. Yes, she should've just shut up and let the band finish the last few years up (she has dealt with him all these years, with literally a handful left) but I am SO sick of the absolute vitriol that has destroyed this forum from obsessed buckingham fans that never liked stevie nicks (homermcvie) and finally got the ammo they've been waiting for to wreak havoc on this website, I hardly ever check on here anymore because it sucks now.

Wow.

How many times have many of us, including David (homemcvie), commented on how much we used to love Stevie? Until she lied, and pulled some stupid sh*t.

I guess it's not even worth addressing the other comments.

Good luck on your thesis, I know it's a pain, but you'll get it done.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:08 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Wow.

How many times have many of us, including David (homemcvie), commented on how much we used to love Stevie? Until she lied, and pulled some stupid sh*t.

I guess it's not even worth addressing the other comments.

Good luck on your thesis, I know it's a pain, but you'll get it done.
its just weird to me everyone acting like stevie is the only person to lie, manipulate, dramaticate (I just made that word up and I refuse to not use it), and just be toxic overall in the history of the band.
Since literally 1968, that's been a common characteristic shared by every single one person in this band at one point or another, including lindsey. My whole point is that this demonizing of Stevie and martyring of Lindsey is so lame and trite at this point, and to make her like some evil being sent from the devil himself for this when we don't even know the full nature of their relationship behind the theatrics.

Also not to speak like homermcvie isn't in here and can't speak for himself, but I feel like he's never been a Stevie fan lmao he's been pretty notorious for trolling everything about her since like the 90's (often times it's hilarious).
Old 01-11-2020, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It was from Homer's comment about Mick and Stevie being attention whores and I said Lindsey is too. He craves the attention. I can see it when he stands on a FM stage after he performs a song like Never Going Back Again. He'll stand there with his guitar strapped on himself eating up the applause. And yes Elle, if he had more success like Stevie does when she tours, he'd be eating up all his craved attention there also. Problem is, his music isn't as good as hers so he'll never have that large audience applause.

That's funny I recall reading how BuckVie had massive amounts of empty seats. You guys need to face the fact that Stevie is the draw here within these FM band members. But back to my original point, despite our debate of what touring success really is, Lindsey Buckingham is an attention whore.
The Greek show I went to was a full house of screaming fans, it was amazing. . I'm well aware that Stevie is a draw. I just thought her shows were the weakest.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We know the rumours behind the firing, but we still do not know the entire truth.
Lindsey has kicked her (allegedly I guess?), berated her, and condescended to her so many times in the past, him laughing and looking at an imaginary watch during her speech is rly the feather that broke the camel's back? I don't buy it.
I do agree with you about these two points. From the beginning and to this day I still think we will never know the complete truth. Unless there was some hidden camera out there. Or intercepted calls tapes appear. But even so ...

And yes, The Ledge is so a bitter place nowadays. The only entertaining thing it's how much the people who seems to hate Stevie (with S or $) mentions her every time, even in posts whose topics had nothing to do with Stevie Nicks. Isn't that weird???

Last edited by Villavic; 01-11-2020 at 11:40 PM..
Old 01-11-2020, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My whole point is that this demonizing of Stevie and martyring of Lindsey is so lame and trite at this point, and to make her like some evil being sent from the devil himself for this when we don't even know the full nature of their relationship behind the theatrics.
Agree!!! I wrote a similar point several months ago, but used the demonizing and victimizing words. The reaction was ... like when talking about politics or religion.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

2) Lindsey getting fired

LOL these are the kind of posts that make me belly laugh....
Old 01-12-2020, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
LOL these are the kind of posts that make me belly laugh....
Quote:

2) Lindsey getting fired

HAHAHA oh so if they collectively put their foot down and it was Stevie that got fired because she wouldn’t record the album you wouldn’t be on here writing ten paragraphs about how unfair it was to Stevie? Sure hahaha oookkaay.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:50 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
HAHAHA oh so if they collectively put their foot down and it was Stevie that got fired because she wouldn’t record the album you wouldn’t be on here writing ten paragraphs about how unfair it was to Stevie? Sure hahaha oookkaay.
if people were so bitter calling lindsey a tw*t/abusive a-hole/ whatever bad thing you can think of in literally every single forum topic, yeah I probably would actually. I am a fan of the BAND, including the band's history, and the history is still going to be there... they could've remained apart before the dance and never returned again, they could have broken up during the recording of rumours, I am just greatful to have the 50 years of Fleetwood Mac to look back upon. Some people just take it too far... people fight and people/bands break up, that's life.. I don't see Stevie Nicks as evil for it?
Old 01-12-2020, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't see Stevie Nicks as evil for it?
Of COURSE you don't. $he's the reason for your season. Embrace it. But we're allowed to voice our opinions, too. This isn't the shrine....many would hope it might be. not
Old 01-12-2020, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Wow.

I said, only a couple of days ago, HOW I THINK BELLA DONNA IS A FU*KING MASTERPIECE, and one of my favorite albums of all time.

But I guess THOSE comments get over looked...

I'd hate to lose my picture on their dartboards in their shrines.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 01-12-2020 at 06:15 PM..
Old 01-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Of COURSE you don't. $he's the reason for your season. Embrace it. But we're allowed to voice our opinions, too. This isn't the shrine....many would hope it might be. not
Oh but it IS a shrine. To Lindsey.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Oh but it IS a shrine. To Lindsey.
Well, he was the one fired. Unfairly or fairly, whichever you choose to run with. I believe unfairly, because of the need for lies at the start by Stevie and Mick. And I‘ve always stated:
1. I LOVED Stevie before this.
2. I’m mad at them all for allowing this to happen.
3. Lindsey won his court case before it even got to court.
So if I want to discuss that, this is a great place for that. After all, those a**es ruined the band that held my heart for 45 years. I’m allowed to be sad, upset and angry.