Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Ledgie

Default The 2nd Buckingham Nicks release

The news on the Sonic Past Music website has gone very quiet. Go and take a look and maybe put something on their forum.

I was looking forward to this release!!!

http://www.sonicpastmusic.com/
Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the "release" was cancelled.
from what i can tell, the whole thing was a sham or it was stopped by Lindsey and Stevie's legal/management.
I wouldn't expect anything like this until both of these characters can relax the money-making machine and focus on the music.
They should look at the surviving members of the Grateful Dead and follow their lead.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
the "release" was cancelled.
from what i can tell, the whole thing was a sham or it was stopped by Lindsey and Stevie's legal/management.
I wouldn't expect anything like this until both of these characters can relax the money-making machine and focus on the music.
They should look at the surviving members of the Grateful Dead and follow their lead.
From what I understand, Gary Hodges, Tom Moncrieff, and Bob Aguirre contacted Sonic Past Music in regards to receiving royalties, since they worked on these sessions with Lindsey & Stevie, but it couldn't be determined exactly which musicians played on which tracks.

I have no idea if there were any threats of lawsuits from those gentlemen, but it would seem that that was the nail in the coffin of this release.

I had talked to Sonic Past's P.R. person on the phone a couple of times, and the label had secured the use of Stevie's and Lindsey's names for promotional purposes (on the album cover, in ads, on websites), so I doubt that it was Nicks' and Buckingham's management that had anything to do with the cancellation.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 06-18-2007 at 02:29 PM..
Old 06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered

Default Bn2

They didn't threaten lawsuits. I heard about this from Nancy's site and notified them. They contacted Sound City and requested that they be contacted for permission, as they played on the album. They gave permission, but they did want royalties. No one threatened any lawsuits, they just asked for royalties, if in fact the CD is released.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
they just asked for royalties, if in fact the CD is released.
How dare they ask for money that they should rightfully have coming to them!! [/sarcasm]
Old 06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OMG at a Second Hand CD store I always buy my CDs at, they had a BuckinghamNicks bootleg CD!! it was called 'BuckinghamNicks.Deluxe Edition' I had a real good mind to report it [I only saw it cause I was looking in Lindsey Buckingham for Go Insane...] But you can't really do anything, because the people who own it have no control of what comes in, plus they probably have no idea that it was a bootleg...

I think they should just release it though. With some live tracks, and some demos. I'd Buy it
Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
OMG at a Second Hand CD store I always buy my CDs at, they had a BuckinghamNicks bootleg CD!! it was called 'BuckinghamNicks.Deluxe Edition' I had a real good mind to report it [I only saw it cause I was looking in Lindsey Buckingham for Go Insane...] But you can't really do anything, because the people who own it have no control of what comes in, plus they probably have no idea that it was a bootleg...

I think they should just release it though. With some live tracks, and some demos. I'd Buy it
Absolutely, I have a traded copy but I'd be delighted to pay for an official one, with or without extra material.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i would like to have it also.