The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they are banking (no pun intended) on the media being far more forgiving than they might actually be. Glenn Frey died, so the Eagles premise is quite different. I also don't think the Eagles are doing Poco, Don Henley solo, and Vince Gill tunes. The hodgepodge approach they've hinted to in combination with the guitar sound being different (compared to lindsey) could spell trouble for them when the media does their reviews. It really does sound more like Mick Fleetwood's All Star Band, and not really Fleetwood Mac.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I really, REALLY agree with this. At the time the album came out I remember thinking along the lines of 'I don't know why but I think Stevie is not going to be happy about this'. I remember even seeing people are primarily Stevie fans making snarky comments about the album, even though it technically shouldn't affect them at all. But it makes sense, if Stevie's biggest fans got bothered by the album for no reason, of course Stevie would as well. Obviously I have no proof aside from a weird comment she made about it in an interview, but I always thought Stevie would be mad about it and would have a grudge against Lindsey for it.

And then what do you know-- after over 40 years of loving/working/fighting, decades after probably some of the ugliest moments in their relationship during their crazy drug days-- just a mere couple months after the tour for Buckingham McVie happens, is when she finally gets him fired....
No, BuckVie shouldn't have affected Stevie's fans but it did. Because Lindsey was a monster who named the album with a similar name as Buckingham Nicks. And that broke Stevie's heart. But when you tell them now that Stevie got Lindsey fired because she was jealous of BuckVie they totally dismiss that idea.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The only place the two years claim came from is Ken Caillat who was probably misinformed. The band themselves, in their twisted version of events, says it was only a one year delay he 'asked' for. But the whole notion that he insisted on delaying the tour is a lie itself.
I think the November 2019 thing was also on the RS article, but yeah, the whole idea is ridiculous but convenient for some people who want this to be Lindsey's fault. Actually, that's all they have.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-29-2018, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
You wouldn’t say that to Bob Dylan.
Ok, yes, thanks for pointing it out ... it's not phrased very well at all. English language is not one of my strengths, and I posted it without too much thought.

Did you want to point out all the other grammatical errors in this thread? There are quite a few.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i have to believe some awful bad $h! t happened in January because no pic from the Musicares event looks even remotely as awkward as the pics that have emerged this week of the new FM tribute band ...
How do you explain that something awful happened at Musicares and 6 days later MC was already in the band? They had one their usual fights, nothing else. If not, Christine wouldn't have gone back to London.

This goes way back Musicares, probably since The Classics or Tom's death. I'm starting to believe she allowed Lindsey to stay in the band until Musicares because if not, the whole event would have been suspended. And she was onto him like a leech because, well, it was their last time together.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
No, BuckVie shouldn't have affected Stevie's fans but it did. Because Lindsey was a monster who named the album with a similar name as Buckingham Nicks. And that broke Stevie's heart. But when you tell them now that Stevie got Lindsey fired because she was jealous of BuckVie they totally dismiss that idea.
More sweeping statements....
I'm a Stevie fan and I loved the Buckvie album, and don't view Lindsey as a monster for calling it Buckingham McVie.
The constant generalising about Stevie fans does get irritating. And I realise it's not going to change.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
More Mick gobbledygook. "the whole thing without belaboring it... was, was percolating in a way that was not....was NOT ok... for... the majority of the band"
He's saying in a fancy way that Stevie didn't want Lindsey in the band anymore, and he supported that idea.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
That line should be on her tombstone one day
Seriously. She's really something.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:04 AM
Registered

Quote:
He's saying in a fancy way that Stevie didn't want Lindsey in the band anymore, and he supported that idea.
He couldn't say it directly I suppose, that would have caused even more fuss

Come to think of it, why not state the obvious? Why shouldn't Mick simply say Stevie and Lindsey can't work together any more? Isn't that obvious to all of us, and even the casual fan? It would be more truthful and less infuriating than the lies they are peddling now.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
The interviewer [...] asks about rehearsal time. Stevie says 2 months 5 days a week, because they aren't doing all the same songs like before, where they only needed 5-6 weeks because it's all the same songs as previous tours. But this time they'll do a bunch and discard, and all that.
All that time spent in rehearsal is probably actually spent in recording the backing tracks they will use in their concerts. I wonder how much of the music in the shows will be actually performed live.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously. She's really something.
She's something else, if you ask me...
fmlolSNsheep.jpg
Old 04-29-2018, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
I don't think this lineup is going to last very long. Calling it now.
I don't think you're going to find ANYONE to argue that point.

I think this tour, and someone will leave. Neil would be my first bet.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
All that time spent in rehearsal is probably actually spent in recording the backing tracks they will use in their concerts. I wonder how much of the music in the shows will be actually performed live.
Which is kind of depressing. They have at least 3 guitar players, 2 keyboardists, 2 drummers (though Mick won't acknowledge it), maybe 2 back up singers, and they still have to do prerecorded tracks? Might as well save the money and listen to the records.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

All I know is, the few shows they’ve had since Buckvie, Stevie refused to stand next to him in the final bows. “ as long as I stand I will take your hand “. Stevie, “I’ll show him”. This is Stevie’s doing mostly and it can’t be denied anymore.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Which is kind of depressing. They have at least 3 guitar players, 2 keyboardists, 2 drummers (though Mick won't acknowledge it), maybe 2 back up singers, and they still have to do prerecorded tracks? Might as well save the money and listen to the records.
The BuckVie shows had LOTS of pre-recorded tracks as did the last FM tour with Christine. This isn’t new.