Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Anyone getting good seats for public sale?

I am so frustrated. I checked the Denver presales and best I found was 18th row so I waited until today for public. I've been online for 45 min and best was 17th row that popped up once. Grrr...sorry but for $150 a ticket (not including taxes and such) I want a better seat. Should I keep trying or just give up at this point? I just want ONE ticket! It was never this hard in past years.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sorry to beat a dead dog, but I'm fresh off trying for tickets......

I'm in the exact same boat this morning. Presales sucked, and I never pulled up anything better for the regular onsale than Row 16. I eventually broke down and bought one around there on the aisle, hoping that will at least give me better chances of weasling my way up. This was after a solid hour of both me and a friend trying for tickets from the second they went onsale. Then, you check the Ticketmaster Marketplace.........I like how Ticketmaster has now basically created a their own store for legal scalping. Checking there and Ebay, anything 8th Row and closer is going for around $1,000 apiece. I am trying really hard to just focus on the show, but I am really turned off by the corporate-ness of it all right now. I know we all get sick of venting about this, since it is out of our control, and I know this issue has always been a part of the music business. I just think it's shocking how much worse it's gotten in the past few years.........meaning it wasn't like this for me with the SYW Tour. I went to four shows and had 6th, 7th or 8th Row seats every time and I simply bought them online at the onsale.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I finally got a row A in sector 16 (according to a picture I found, it's like row 40 on floor section, Dallas AA Center), after looking for presales the whole week. So frustrating cause they only accepted credit cards with US billing address

But on friday they opened in ticketmaster through Livenation and they accepted my credit card, getting the seat I mentioned.

Just in case I checked this morning the public sales and the best available sucks. Just middle seats far up in the right or left sides.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

hey guys (Hi Villavic!)

ok, glad it's not me. I guess am spoiled cause like you said, for the SYW tour I got 6th row by getting in quickly when they went onsale and for the 2nd leg of that I got 2nd row thru the fan club or a presale- can't recall. That 2nd row turned into 1st row and was my BEST show yet. I just feel for the cost of the ticket I just want a good seat. I'd be totally ok (well not ok but feel better) sitting in the 17th row if tix were half the price.

I'll keep checking in case a good seat pops up and yes, I saw that ticketmaster Marketplace- the prices are NUTS?????

My husband said he'd get me a ticket for Mother's Day (the show here is on Mother's Day) but unless something in row 10 or above comes up I will be sitting this one out.

I just wonder where all the good seats are? even for Lindsey's solo tour this last round I did presale and public and best I got was 7th row and I got on right away. Last time he toured I got 2nd and 1st row (sold my 2nd)- again am spoiled but it seems HARDER to get the good seats now.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been messing around to see what is available for the May 3rd Tulsa show through the public sale, nothing spectacular has showed up so I am happy with the seat I bought through the pre-sale last Friday.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Public Sale-Second Leg

Why, oh why, do they persist in having general ticket sales during the work week when every scalper in America is on-line snapping up all the best seats right out from under us. I refuse to take the day off anymore and/or risk losing my job trying to sneak on-line only to be jammed up by professional ticket brokers. I bet if you check their inventory in the next day or so you will see where the good seats went.

Me, I'm waiting on ticket drops. We will see in late February if the MAC is going to drop tickets like they did for their last tour. I suggest that you monitor ticket sales for the first leg of the tour right up until close of sale for each of the shows like I'm going to do to see if there is a pattern or not. Stay tuned!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also had much better luck last time on the SYW tour. All I pulled up were 19th row, which I ended up getting. I'll keep an eye on Ticketmaster, but I'm pretty much resigned to those seats.

And yes, that Ticketmaster Marketplace makes me want to puke. They seriously have no shame. Here in San Francisco, there's a famous venue called the Fillmore. They have, ever since I moved to SF more than 20 years ago, always sold tickets on Sundays both for shows at the Fillmore and for another venue, the Warfield. So if you wanted to avoid being raped by Ticketmaster, you could go down there and pick up tickets with NO service charge. Well, as of January, they no longer sell tickets at the box office. I swear, every single alternative to the big corporate machine is being eaten up.

Kevin
Old 01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I got my ticket for Vancouver this morning... was on right at the strike of 10! Nothing great was popping up on the floor any higher then row 20... mostly in the 30's - which is the beginning of the last section on the floor. I think the 20th row came up once but I didn't want to be stuck way back there... So I settled for the centre section on the side about 7 rows up... And I'm happy with that.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

this is frustrating-I have checked on and off all day - just the 2nd section, about 30 rows back as MacMan found at first is all they have. I should check the side as at 10AM they did have tix on the side, first few rows. That Platinum thing really upsets me cause if you look they have all the FRONT tickets!??? what the F***? pisses me off. Yup, I bet the ticket brokers got on early - but how did THEY get the tix? there is that security thing so they can't use programs, so what's the trick?

Kevin, I know the Fillmore well - never been but heard of it- very famous. That stinks they don't sell tix anymore.

Well I guess I may settle for the side a few rows up! Darn! It's so hard when you've always been so close to not be ya know? I was 7 rows back for LB in Sept and that felt far! LOL!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Carol- forgot- what are Ticket drops- you mean they will lower prices or add more up front seats? should I wait and keep checking or just get a ticket - I can't afford to get 2 and sell one.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it's tough, but don't look again until 1-2 weeks before the concert. That's when the best seats usually start showing up.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe View Post
I know it's tough, but don't look again until 1-2 weeks before the concert. That's when the best seats usually start showing up.
That is true. ALSO. Forget brokers,e-bay,ticket sites on line, ect. I ALWAYS have the best luck by going to the venue directly.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
this is frustrating-I have checked on and off all day - just the 2nd section, about 30 rows back as MacMan found at first is all they have. !
Yes, it is frustrating. Even though vip tickets are astronomically expensive, I was considering buying one. Cause, let's face it. This could be the last Fleetwood Mac tour ever. I hope not, but our favorite band is getting older, and tours are hard and exhaustive. Lindsey or John or anyone could some day retire definitely, as Christine did
Old 01-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Why, oh why, do they persist in having general ticket sales during the work week when every scalper in America is on-line snapping up all the best seats right out from under us. I refuse to take the day off anymore and/or risk losing my job trying to sneak on-line only to be jammed up by professional ticket brokers. I bet if you check their inventory in the next day or so you will see where the good seats went.

Me, I'm waiting on ticket drops. We will see in late February if the MAC is going to drop tickets like they did for their last tour. I suggest that you monitor ticket sales for the first leg of the tour right up until close of sale for each of the shows like I'm going to do to see if there is a pattern or not. Stay tuned!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalNow
Carol-Lynn, you needing time online during work hours is the equivalent of me getting up at 5am Australian Time! Why do we do it? I sort of knew in my heart that there would be nothing good today, but I checked Sacramento, Oakland and Vegas just in case. I will be taking your advice whilst on my tour of the west coast- only Tacoma and LA booked at present. Geez I'm tired after the 4.50am start (for the third time)!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

ah...how I wish I had $900 for that Platinum deal to sit in the front row, right in front of Lindsey... cannot believe the price on those tix and I even saw people wanting almost $500 for 2 seats I saw on ticketmaster but didn't get yesterday off to the side (not on the floor). sheesh....