The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More pictures! Thanks for posting. I like that inaugural picture too. Where did the first picture in your first post(chrislindsey) come from? I've never seen that one before.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
More pictures! Thanks for posting. I like that inaugural picture too. Where did the first picture in your first post(chrislindsey) come from? I've never seen that one before.
I'm not even sure, it was on one of my compilation tapes...maybe some clip from some entertainment show around the time of the Dance? But I could be wrong....

-Lis
Old 02-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got a few more eBay pictures. These are from that rare set of Tango outtakes of Chris & Stevie. I think the first one may have been posted sometime earlier in the thread, but the second one is new.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09_1_b.jpg (12.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 17_1_b.jpg (13.8 KB, 84 views)
Old 02-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are some pictures of the Heroes line-up. They're not really rare, but still nice to have in this thread. I found these on Bob Welch's website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-Bob%20fleetwood%20mac%20h%20wd%20sign%202.gif.jpg (93.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg F%20mac%20at%20table%202.jpg (23.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 02-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here are some pictures of the Heroes line-up. They're not really rare, but still nice to have in this thread. I found these on Bob Welch's website.
I have never seen those! You made my day.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would like to nominate Bob Welch as the COOLEST member of FM ever!!!
I mean, the guy ANSWERS my emails, for god's sake! How freakin' cool is THAT? He reads all the posts on his forum, and RESPONDS!

Mick keeping Bob out of the R&R Hall of Fame makes me want to nominate Mick for a few titles as well. Let's start with:
Greediest member of FM (feel free to add more!)
Old 02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
I would like to nominate Bob Welch as the COOLEST member of FM ever!!!
I mean, the guy ANSWERS my emails, for god's sake! How freakin' cool is THAT? He reads all the posts on his forum, and RESPONDS!

Mick keeping Bob out of the R&R Hall of Fame makes me want to nominate Mick for a few titles as well. Let's start with:
Greediest member of FM (feel free to add more!)
Well, second coolest member of Fleetwood Mac. And, add those downloads on his website to your list. I hadn't checked out his website in a while. He's really added quite a bit to it. It sounds like he's considering offering more songs to download for 10 cents a track. How cool is that?

I completely agree with you about who's the greediest member of Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, second coolest member of Fleetwood Mac. And, add those downloads on his website to your list. I hadn't checked out his website in a while. He's really added quite a bit to it. It sounds like he's considering offering more songs to download for 10 cents a track. How cool is that?

I completely agree with you about who's the greediest member of Fleetwood Mac.
Yeah, Bob's been talking about doing the 10 cent downloads for a few weeks now. I think, and hope, that that's the future (game ) of the music business. I mean, that's PROBABLY about the amount of royalty an artist sees from each track. Sooooo, let's cut out the record company, the shipping company, the retail outlet, and just pay the artist for the work. I know he's a little afraid of putting too much effort into it, only to find that a few people are interested(after all, he doesn't play out anymore, so it's not like he's still a name brand).
But, Bob's just so nice and down to earth. I feel privileged to have him respond personally to my questions
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Yeah, Bob's been talking about doing the 10 cent downloads for a few weeks now. I think, and hope, that that's the future (game ) of the music business. I mean, that's PROBABLY about the amount of royalty an artist sees from each track. Sooooo, let's cut out the record company, the shipping company, the retail outlet, and just pay the artist for the work. I know he's a little afraid of putting too much effort into it, only to find that a few people are interested(after all, he doesn't play out anymore, so it's not like he's still a name brand).
But, Bob's just so nice and down to earth. I feel privileged to have him respond personally to my questions
I hope he does go ahead with the 10 cent downloads. I've just started downloading those demos after downloading the live Fleetwood Mac track yesterday. I assume he's offering the free downloads to see what the level of interest is. I thought of sending him an e-mail to thank him for the free tracks & to hopefully encourage him to offer more. I didn't know that he actually does read & respond to any e-mails. I'll have to work up a little more nerve to e-mail him.

By the way, this is something that I wish that Christine would do on her website. She's mentioned that there are some unreleased demos & outtakes from In The Meantime stored on her nephew's computer. I guess she & Bob are just in different financial stratospheres these days.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a picture of Chris, John & Bob Welch from 1978. I found this picture on Bob's website.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-bob%20w%20john%20and%20chris%20jpg.jpg (97.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 02-17-2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Here's a picture of Chris, John & Bob Welch from 1978. I found this picture on Bob's website.
That was taken at John's second wedding, from a People magazine article.

-Lis
Old 02-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
That was taken at John's second wedding, from a People magazine article.

-Lis
Chris attended John's wedding to Julie? I didn't know that.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't know that he actually does read & respond to any e-mails. I'll have to work up a little more nerve to e-mail him.
Just look at the forum on his website. Probably 15% of the posts are by him. And he states, "anything you don't want to be publicly viewed, email me in private". I still haven't worked up the nerve to email him either.
Quote:
By the way, this is something that I wish that Christine would do on her website. She's mentioned that there are some unreleased demos & outtakes from In The Meantime stored on her nephew's computer. I guess she & Bob are just in different financial stratospheres these days.
Well, we know she wants to be retired, so I'm not surprised she doesn't have much interest in this. Although she promised!
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Talk about awkward...
Old 02-17-2005, 02:33 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, she did indeed. She went w/ Curry and her brother John. It was in her old house, as well. A peculiar day, I'm sure...but she says she "didn't feel weird, she was really, really happy." She's a very big person, I have to say.

-Lis