The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb Recent songs you've heard that could have (or should have) been Mac songs

Hello All,
Was just listening to the radio and heard Colby Callait's (sp?) Fallin' For You and was stunned by how much it sounded like it could have been a Fleetwood Mac song, (sung by Christine of course). Got me thinking, what else is there out today that could fit this kind of category?

I honestly don't listen to a lot of commercial radio since the vast majority of what I hear sounds like "shyte" to me. I mainly listen to my iPod full of stuff I already have in my collection (FM, MFBB, Rick Vito, Stevie, Lindsey, Christine, Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Travis Tritt, Kris Kristofferson, Alan Jackson, Skynrd, Train, Elvis, Beatles, Roy Orbison, Joe Cocker, Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Bruce Hornsby, Sara Evans, Eagles, Buddy Holly, Ray Charles, Van Morrison, Genesis, Heart, Huey Lewis & the News, Hendrix, the Denver Brass, Kenny Rogers, Johnny Cash and ok you get the point).

So back to the question: What current songs are out there (not by any current or former member of FM) that would sound great if covered by FM or sound like they could have been written by a member of FM?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers!!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember Linda Ronstadt's version of Neil Young's "Look Out For My Love" on her Mad Love album sounding very "Mac-ish".

Also, Bonnie Raitt's title cut from her Nick Of Time album has a very "Christine" feel to it....and the drumbeat sounds typically "Mick-ish".

Haven't heard either of Colby Callait's albums yet, but the snippets of songs I've heard on either Amazon or CDUniverse aren't enough to really tell. I guess I should break down & get the albums, after all. I don't think I'd be disappointed, especially after reading some good reviews of both albums.

Last edited by chiliD; 12-14-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I imagine a next Fleetwood Mac album with Christine again. In my imaginary world, Christine opens the album with "Back on the chain gang", but this song would be never released by Prenteders, in my dream is a new unedit song.

Somehow the lyrics fit:

A circumstance beyond our control, oh oh oh oh
The phone, the tv and the news of the world
Got in the house like a pigeon from hell, oh oh oh oh

The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you
But I'll die as I stand here today...

Last edited by Villavic; 12-17-2009 at 11:01 PM..
Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone know if Colbie Callait (sp?) has ever listed Christine as an influence on her?

Honestly, "Falling for You" sounds to me like an updated version of "Say You Love Me".

Here's a link to a live version video. Looks like she kind of goes through the motions of playing the guitar, but oh well. More for those of you that haven't heard it to compare to Christine's style than anything else. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyAOr...eature=related

Last edited by sjpdg; 01-05-2010 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: more details
Old 11-16-2023, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Sometimes I imagine a next Fleetwood Mac album with Christine again. In my imaginary world, Christine opens the album
In my updated imaginary world, where Christine came back for real, as we all know, but a new studio album remained in fantasy, another cover song that fits with Fleetwood Mac story is Styx's Snowblind. The lyrics about the troubles of addictions make sense.