User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2003, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
Your not the only one who thinks that. I wonder if he agreed to the anne thing jokingly to take the heat off someone else who sounds like this song is meant for?

Tamara
Yup. That's what I think. He said in a recent interview that his songmate refused to sing on that one song. Quite a bone of contention...seems to me. Why all the fuss if you're not taking it personally?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly!
We were posting at the same time, and we said the same thing!
haha!
-Sharon
Old 06-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Exactly!
We were posting at the same time, and we said the same thing!
haha!
-Sharon
Damn server!
No kidding, though. He's really going to admit this is about Stevie...yeah right! The Lafooning of it all is a big built in blinder for sure. Let em run with it and feed it out there yourself if ya have to...just keep the heat off! What else is he going to do after she refused to have anything to do with the song, and she's all afraid everyone will say it's about her? No, no, no...of course it's not about YOU! How absured! How could you think such a thing?... (GYOW...Silver Springs...Never Going Back...Dreams...cough, cough...etc.)?

Last edited by glitter_fades; 06-10-2003 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky
Uh-oh. The Lafoon specter rears it's ugly head again. While I have made my feelings about this particular character clear before(...blech !), I must add something. IMO, we all ought to take responsibility for our own orgasms. If somebody isn't doing it for you, tell them how. If they still don't do it, move on. Don't talk about how bad they were in the sack. How bad were you for not being able to instruct someone in the ways to make your eyes roll back in your head ?
And if your partner's Gender is the problem, well...who picked them ????

Sheesh, I have said enough !

Excuse the rant.
Good rant. No excuses necessary.

Seriously, I used to think the same about Lafoonie until I read her book. I see her very differently now. Her book explains a lot without her actually coming out and saying...here's the reason I did this...or here's the reason I went gay for a while...or LB didn't make me come. Ha! She never says things outright about how childhood abuse affected her horrible decision-making, but it's clear for any intelligent person to see what happened in the Ellen thing, with the Celestia stuff, and her journey into the desert to meet the space ship. None of it seems like such a joke after reading the book. I see where she was coming from and she seems quite intelligent being able to figure out everything about the past and trying to get over it. I admire her for working hard to overcome her demons.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO! Thanks for the clarification Pisces ~ I cant keep my lesbian famous couples straight (no pun intended)...

I read that Stevie didnt want to do backup on Come cause it was so scream-ish. Not that she doesnt scream in say Rhiannon, but this song is soooo out there. Im looking forward to it live, but admittedly skip it cause its too loud for me.

Miranda though, IMO 100% about Anne.

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
LMAO! Thanks for the clarification Pisces ~ I cant keep my lesbian famous couples straight (no pun intended)...

I read that Stevie didnt want to do backup on Come cause it was so scream-ish. Not that she doesnt scream in say Rhiannon, but this song is soooo out there. Im looking forward to it live, but admittedly skip it cause its too loud for me.

Miranda though, IMO 100% about Anne.
I agree, 100%. Did you read her book, Stephanie? I did and agree with Lori on most of her song interpretation in the Lyrics Thread. Here's my post there:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...9700#post99700
Old 06-10-2003, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No I didnt read her book, Im skipping Hillary's too, LOL!

But thanks for the thread... interesting reading it. Reminds me Ive been meaning to get over to that area of the Ledge!

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems like Lindsey's a sucker for kooky blondes with emotional problems: Stevie (back in her coked out days), Carol (from Tusk days) and Anne. What gives? I hope blonde number four can keep it together or else Lindsey seriously needs to switch to brunettes. Ha!!

Old 06-10-2003, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink HEHE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by cliffdweller
I hope blonde number four can keep it together or else Lindsey seriously needs to switch to brunettes. Ha!!

I'm RIGHT HERE if he decides to switch to brunettes!!!!!!!!!

I'm not kooky, don't have emotional problems and I don't do drugs!!

Old 06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: HEHE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

Same here, so you'll just have to wait your turn. ME FIRST!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
I read Anne's book. She never said anything bad about Linds, but the chronology of events she describes shows LB didn't do much for her in the bedroom. After she dumps him she credits her next boyfriend for her first orgasm. Her reason for leaving LB was mostly along the lines of the relationship being all about him and she wasn't good at being what she termed a "groupie girlfriend" of a rock star. She said they had fun and she went to some tour shows (OOTC was at that time) but it wasn't a serious thing, apparently. Looks like they didn't live together, just dated a bit for about 9 months. She summed him up as just another 40-50ish older man trying to be 20 something by dating much younger women. Since Mrs. B. was 20 something when they got married, I guess Mrs. Lafoon had that right!

I'm still not sure Come is really about her. If it is then he's making fun of himself for being a flop in bed. I don't think that's it. The way I read it, he's talking about someone he's "had" who is not getting any from anyone right now. That sounds like somebody else. Wonder who?

On the other hand, after reading her book and the stuff about her father, I believe, without a doubt, Miranda is about Anne, no ifs ands or buts.

I still think Come is about Anne and partially about Stevie too because as Sharon and a few others have said, he's not going to openly admit to that unless he wants a reebok platform shoved up his ass. He's a smart man for that.

Miranda is MOST DEFINATELY about Anne IMO.
"she never comes she always goes"--yes folks, I think he's talking about the same kind of "come"

"She sees her face in another magazine And the walls all close in as the fancy takes flight Can't stand to be loved but she loves to be seen"--that's Anne Heche right there...she doesn't want to be loved because she doesn't feel deserving of it due to her past. However, she LOVES and CRAVES attention.

There's my two cents for the day. Oh, and to whomever said we only need to hear him play *HIGH FIVE*...WORD. As my little profile thing says, I FEEL THE FEVER
Old 06-10-2003, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: HEHE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847

ME TOO!!! I have blonde highlights so Lindsey, you might dig that...you'd get the best of both worlds and get this...i'm 19! You like em' young, right?? LMAO!

We always forget about Cheri Caspari whom my friend Meredith tells me he was with for quite a few years. If memory serves, she wasn't blonde so there's hope for all of us dark haired beauties
Old 06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
[B]I still think Come is about Anne and partially about Stevie too because as Sharon and a few others have said, he's not going to openly admit to that unless he wants a reebok platform shoved up his ass. He's a smart man for that.

Hilarious, Reebok platform! I'm sure it's happened before and if it hasn't it will before this tour is over!
Old 06-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cliffdweller
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
I still think Come is about Anne and partially about Stevie too because as Sharon and a few others have said, he's not going to openly admit to that unless he wants a reebok platform shoved up his ass. He's a smart man for that.

Hilarious, Reebok platform! I'm sure it's happened before and if it hasn't it will before this tour is over!
Let's hope she's saving it for us in AZ

Then both families can get a good look and close photo op!

Freeze...hold that pose! Thanks guys! That'll look great in the Buckingham and Nicks family albums.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: haha!

Quote:
Originally posted by gypsysara
She did? I dont follow her life/romances/multiple-personalities, so Im not sure. I thought it was Lou Diamond Phillips, although that may have just been her last husband, not necessarily lover.
Side note: Lou's ex wife Julie is Melissa Etheridge's ex, isn't she?