The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

I think it must really be difficult for Stevie to accept the fact that she can't perform as she once did. After I attended a concert a couple of weeks ago...I came home and watched The Dance. As great as she is on stage now...her stage performance doesn't compare to what it was just a few years ago during The Dance.

Ah...yes...we are all getting older too.

The woman is still amazing.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well

Stevie is always touting the love/hate relationship they have..so i don't think it is a big deal..maybe they had a tiff...top that with the hormone hellride she is on..and i can't blame her for not being Little Mary Sunshine,lol...

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 06-10-2003, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
During “Tusk” Lindsey goes to head-but John, and Stevie runs across the stage to Lindsey’s side. After Lindsey realizes Stevie left, he RAN to her and got down on his knees. From my fourth row Tampa seat, I saw her mouth “NO! STAY AWAY!” And she ran back to her side!!!
Hehehe... I could see that one coming... Stevie was watching him extremely closely throughout the song, and she was over on the left side of the stage when Lindsey first turned around and got that evil glint in his eye. So she half-walked, half-ran to the other side, and he tusked John instead, LOL! I can see why she doesn't like it... he ran full tilt into John and if it had been me I would flown about six feet backwards. Of course, he wasn't giving up... and so he trotted over to where she was on the right of the stage, and that was when she got really pissed off. Like Alex said, she told him to stay away, but when he didn't listen she yelled "DON'T!" at him, loud enough that you could hear it in the first row despite that she was not near a mike. Lindsey just laughed at her and gave up in the end, but she was genuinely pissed off. She death stared him for the rest of the night.

Laura.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by TheMacAttack
If I was Stevie, I would be afraid of getting caught up in his guitar cord and would tell him to stay away too. The guy is a maniac during that part of the song.
Exactly. I think Lindsey is a little too playful for Stevie at times, she's probably genuinely annoyed with him but not for deep, dark, emotional reasons, more like, "hey, quit putting me in a headlock during the show, ok?"
Old 06-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really doubt it was "part of the show" as many people have said on this thread. Laura and I, as well as many others at the Tampa show, saw this go down, and it was not pretty. Stevie was not too happy at Lindsey...

~Alex

Old 06-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point on the tour, I think Stevie and Lindsey are like a brother and sister on a long car ride. When one of them makes his own fun, it bugs the other, and there's no getting out of the car 'cause Mick won't stop for bathroom breaks.
Dad, he's touching me again.
Dad, he won't stop head-butting me.
Dad, he won't stay on HIS side of the car.
Dad, his wife gives me the evil eye whenever he acts like this.
(Dad: I don't care, we're selling tickets!)

JMHO.

- Jake
Old 06-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL! Except you wont hear:

Dad, where's my STASH?

Im alone now, with my thoughts...
Old 06-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
At this point on the tour, I think Stevie and Lindsey are like a brother and sister on a long car ride. When one of them makes his own fun, it bugs the other, and there's no getting out of the car 'cause Mick won't stop for bathroom breaks.
Dad, he's touching me again.
Dad, he won't stop head-butting me.
Dad, he won't stay on HIS side of the car.
Dad, his wife gives me the evil eye whenever he acts like this.
(Dad: I don't care, we're selling tickets!)

JMHO.

- Jake
Love this analysis.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
At this point on the tour, I think Stevie and Lindsey are like a brother and sister on a long car ride.
Great point! I think your right. I can totally see this as I have been there done that.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-10-2003, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Somehow the whole brother/sister analysis just doesn't work for me.

I don't think there are too many brothers and sisters who used to have the hots for each other.

I think this is a whole different thing entirely.

-Sharon
Old 06-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Somehow the whole brother/sister analysis just doesn't work for me.I don't think there are too many brothers and sisters who used to have the hots for each other.

Well when you put it like that....ewwwwww!!
I dont think that they are romantically inclined at this time and honestly from what I hear, they are both pretty set in their ways and both can be difficult so I assume its tough day in an day out seeing and working with each other in close proximity. I know I get that way with certain friends when I work with them AND vacation with them..too much!! way too much!

JM2C ,

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, they are not really like any brother and sister I ever met !!!

Moreover, look at the video clip of Tusk from the Greenville concert at www.burnish.net. I know different events have been mentioned/described, but when Stevie gets "Tusked" in this video, to me she looks elated - her face, though hard to see, is clearly smiling to me!!!!

Food for Thought

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think there are too many brothers and sisters who used to have the hots for each other.
Unless we're discussing Six Feet Under....

I agree w/ Jake - even without the bro/sis reference...haven't you ever traveled or worked w/ someone who eventually gets on your last nerve? I don't blame SN for being miffed - after all, she is a girly-girl and is probably worried about her hair and makeup getting messed up. LB can still "tusk" her, without mauling her and practically knocking her over. Just my 2 cents...

Old 06-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
when Stevie gets "Tusked" in this video, to me she looks elated - her face, though hard to see, is clearly smiling to me!!!!
Yes, she's smiling. I posted screenshots from the show, too, and she's definitely smiling. As she was at all six (yes, that's right, six) shows that I attended. She seemed to look forward to the Tusking. Lindsey always zig zags toward Stevie (who usually backs away) then Tusks John first. Watching the video of Greenville, Stevie is leaning back into Lindsey as he is rubbing his head into her back. You wouldn't do that if you weren't enjoying it, would you? He may have accidentally hurt her the last time so she might have been telling him to back off for this show. Who knows? But I *know* she was enjoying it before. Someone get a video out of the FL shows. I *knew* I shoulda gone!

Ladybug swung down like a swing...kissed him with her wings
Old 06-10-2003, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oops

I meant to say "KUDOS!!!!! to Tracy for posting the video on her site (burnish.net)."

Six shows - sheesh!!!!!!! You probably need a vacation from your vacation!

save the cheerleader - save the world