Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Ledgie

Default I Have A Confession

I think we've established a good relationship with my "Lindsey's Mirage Songs" thread. So, if we want this relationship to go forward I have something I need to tell you guys.

I LOVE THE ALBUM GO INSANE!!!

I can probably recite all of the lyrics to you right now. I've single handedly taught myself the title track on guitar, and I can play the entire album on the drum set.

This is where it gets weird. I own 23 copies of the album on vinyl.

I probably lost many potential pow-wows on this forum with that confession.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wondered who bought all 23 copies! But, very curious, why did you buy 23 copies?

That's awesomely hard core!
Old 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM
Ledgie

Honestly, I don't know. I think I just love the album that much. You see my child, it's one of those albums you just have to own every single copy of on vinyl. I think another reason is that I just love the actual song Go Insane so much.

In my many purchases I actually bought two Colubia House pressing, you know the record club in the 80's, and a pressing from the Netherlands of all places. Heck I even own a cassette of it from Holland.

And hardcore is a good way of putting it, it doesn't make me feel as weird.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Ledgie

Oh and you may not care, but what the heck you'll hear it anyway. You know how I mentioned those Columbia House Pressing right? What's weird is on the standard albums that were released side one's closer, Play In The Rain, actually has a locked groove that makes it play until the label. However, on the Columbia House Pressings Play In The Rain fades out before the label.

Another cool difference is the standard lyric sheet has a picture of our Lindsey, complete with huge 80's hair, and the actual lyrics are on the back of the sheet. On the Columbia House version the lyrics are on the front and Lindsey is on the back.

O.K. last one, on the Netherlands pressing the photo of Lindsey is mirrored for some strange reason.

O.K. I'm almost done. The Holland cassette is really different from the U.S. cassette, it's easier for me to just list you the differences.

U.S. cassette

-Clear Cassette
-Clear/See Through Case
-Cover is slightly zoomed out to where you can see Lindsey leaning on the door and the purple sky in the back ground.
-Also the spine is white.

Holland Cassette

-Black Cassette
-Black/Non-See Through Case
-Cover is really zoomed in on Lindsey to where all you see is him leaning on the door, but the sky is not visible.
-The spine is a sort of yellowish color.

You can tell I'm sort of insane for the album and it's differences between pressing. (See what I did there? Insane cos' the album is called Go Insane, never mind.)
Old 10-10-2016, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool You are in good company here!

I love Go Insane too and have developed a new appreciation for it in the past year or so. It's a fantastically wierd album.

Thank you for sharing your confessions and details about the various albums.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I fell in love with it the moment it came out. I was so fascinated by his experiments, especially after the relatively safe Mirage. This was THE moment, first introduced on Tusk and Law & Order, that my musical taste left off the mainstream. Untill this day, I search for new, more underground music, all fueled by Lindsey's off the road motorcycling through music, most significant on this masterpiece from 1984.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
Honestly, I don't know. I think I just love the album that much.
I might just love the album cover more than the album itself.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I fell in love with it the moment it came out. I was so fascinated by his experiments, especially after the relatively safe Mirage. This was THE moment, first introduced on Tusk and Law & Order, that my musical taste left off the mainstream. Untill this day, I search for new, more underground music, all fueled by Lindsey's off the road motorcycling through music, most significant on this masterpiece from 1984.
Go Insane is such a Masterpiece that gets overshadowed by OOTC.. also an incredible album. Beach Boys on crack sometimes, a little punk here and there, very melodic, fantastic guitar harmonies... the list goes on and on.

I love his Mirage Stuff because there's a thread to this album.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was absolutely obsessed with this album when I was probably a junior or senior in college. It was one of my favorite road trip albums I'd crank up while driving home to visit my parents on the weekends. There is something oddly cleansing about Go Insane. It's just so completely wacky, but takes you on this otherworldly operatic journey. I don't think Go Insane ever failed to renew my spirits when I listened to it. I honestly haven't broken it out in the better part of a decade, though. I need to change that!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Can I make a confession, too?

Over the years, I've owned 8 copies of Law and Order.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I definitely prefer Go Insane to Law and Order.

Michele
Old 10-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Go Insane is Lindsey's masterpiece hands down!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was absolutely obsessed with this album when I was probably a junior or senior in college. It was one of my favorite road trip albums I'd crank up while driving home to visit my parents on the weekends. There is something oddly cleansing about Go Insane. It's just so completely wacky, but takes you on this otherworldly operatic journey. I don't think Go Insane ever failed to renew my spirits when I listened to it. I honestly haven't broken it out in the better part of a decade, though. I need to change that!
I can relate to that completely. But I put it on more often. Pick it up again!

Old 10-14-2016, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Go Insane is such a Masterpiece that gets overshadowed by OOTC.. also an incredible album. Beach Boys on crack sometimes, a little punk here and there, very melodic, fantastic guitar harmonies... the list goes on and on.

I love his Mirage Stuff because there's a thread to this album.
There is certainly a connection with his Mirage songs. But the overshadowing by OOTC does not appear for me. In essence, the productionstyle of GI fits with the content. On OOTC, I constantly miss Mick & John. The syndrums irritate me on OOTC, where I totally adore them on GI. Weird huh? or not?

Old 10-15-2016, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post

This is where it gets weird. I own 23 copies of the album on vinyl...
That's a lot more than any title I've ever owned.

I may own three copies of that album. 2 CD's
1 record.

Back when I ordered Lindsey's first two albums
on CD's (they weren't stocked), the manager
gave me a look like Lindsey was too eccentric
for his taste.