Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Oklahoma City date! (Nov 3rd)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...id=28111359355

twitter:
@acmuco
Wow! We are excited and honored to welcome Lindsey Buckingham to our Performance Lab. There are very limited...

FB:
ACM@UCO
Wow! We are excited and honored to welcome Lindsey Buckingham to our Performance Lab.

There are very limited tickets available for this special "Evening With" performance - get them while you can!

Sat Nov 3rd

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 09-25-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 09-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default more info

for tickets (on sale already?) - 405-340-8552

Oklahoma Ave. and Flaming Lips Alley
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Phone (405) 974-4700
Website http://www.acm-uco.com

About
Summer Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 9am to 6pm, Fri 8am-12pm. Rehearsal Hours:Mon-Thurs 10am to 5pm. We offer tours: Tue 10:00am & 2:00pm Wed 10:00am & 2:00pmThr 10:00am & 2:00pm Please call Alyx at 405.974.4700 or email her at alyx.picard@acm.uco.edu

Description
The Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma (ACM@UCO) is more than a music school, it’s a connection. UCO has teamed up with the ACM of London to offer a music education that really is all about the music. Students are taught by accomplished musicians, production experts, and music business professionals, people who have been there. Not only that, but students will also receive master class instruction from some of today’s stars from the world of rock, pop, gospel and country music. Through ACM@UCO, students will connect to the music industry through auditions, live performances, industry showcases, as well as a web-based database of talent. At ACM@UCO, our focus is on building the careers of our talented students through preparation and exposure.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Ledgie

Wow this is great news!

Thanks Elle!

I'm going to call in the morning and I'll post what ever details I can find out
Old 09-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Still cool...

that LB is coming to AC@UCO in OKC. Just a short drive for me, definitely considering it...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks to Nickslive, I booked tickets this morning. SO PUMPED for this!!

Tickets are 90 (soundboard), 100 (more centered) or 200 (meet and greet).

They said they put me on a waiting list for the meet and greet, since that was really popular, and I've got the 100 tickets if I can't get meet.
(Note: I called the number, the girl was a bit flustered but took my Visa over the phone. I didn't really get any sort of confirmation or info, so I'm emailing and I will post after i learn more. Probably should ask for more info than I did.)

There are only 200 seats in this venue- me and my wife are two of them; how cool is that??
Talk about intimate with "The Maestro"!

What do you want me to request, Elle?

Last edited by Spikey; 09-26-2012 at 06:48 PM..
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Thanks to Nickslive, I booked tickets this morning. SO PUMPED for this!!

Tickets are 90 (soundboard), 100 (more centered) or 200 (meet and greet).

They said they put me on a waiting list for the meet and greet, since that was really popular, and I've got the 100 tickets if I can't get meet.
(Note: I called the number, the girl was a bit flustered but took my Visa over the phone. I didn't really get any sort of confirmation or info, so I'm emailing and I will post after i learn more. Probably should ask for more info than I did.)

There are only 200 seats in this venue- me and my wife are two of them; how cool is that??
Talk about intimate with "The Maestro"!

What do you want me to request, Elle?

your show, request whatever you want to hear!! (and then record it for us )

really happy for you guys!

also, i hear majority of tix are already gone, so would be probably good to decide and call for tix fast if you want to go, estranged4life!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

@acmuco
Tickets are still available (but not for long) for Lindsey Buckingham at our Lab on November 3. http://broncho2.uco.edu/press/prdetail.asp?NewsID=13702

@UCOBronchos
Fleetwood Mac singer/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham will be at the @acmuco Performance Lab in Bricktown, 8 p.m. Nov. 3! http://broncho2.uco.edu/press/prdetail.asp?NewsID=13702

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Lindsey Buckingham To Perform At ACM@UCO Performance Lab Nov. 3

Oct. 2, 2012

Media Contact: Adrienne Nobles, Director of Communications and Marketing, University of Central Oklahoma, (405) 974-2103, anobles@uco.edu

ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAMER LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM TO PERFORM AT ACM@UCO PERFORMANCE LAB NOV. 3

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Lindsey Buckingham will perform at the Academy of Contemporary Music at the University of Central Oklahoma (ACM@UCO) Performance Lab, 329 E. Sheridan in Oklahoma City, at 8 p.m. Nov. 3.

Buckingham is best known as the guitarist and male lead singer for Fleetwood Mac, with whom he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998. He’s also released six solo albums and two live albums, and was named to Rolling Stone magazine’s list of “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time” last year.

His current tour is an intimate, one-man show featuring songs from his 2011 release “Seeds We Sow” along with classics from his solo career and days with Fleetwood Mac.

Regarding the new tour, Buckingham said, "As I've grown as an artist, I've gotten more and more in touch with my center, and that center is voice and guitar. Over time it has become increasingly vital to express more with less; that is my touchstone now, and the embodiment of that philosophy is what will be largely represented in the new show. I've been thinking of doing this kind of tour for a while, and am quite excited to be doing something new, something outside my comfort zone."

The concert is presented by Tres Amigos Productions, which has supported the university for many years through a concert series at the UCO Jazz Lab in Edmond. This is the group’s first show at the ACM@UCO Performance Lab.

Based on the successful model from the original ACM in Guilford, England, the ACM@UCO is an innovative music program unlike any other in the U.S., offering an industry-based, “real world” educational experience for those interested in a career in contemporary music.

From its location in downtown Oklahoma City’s Bricktown district, the ACM@UCO offers two-year associate degree programs in bass, drums, guitar, keyboard, music business, music production and vocals, with the option to pursue a Bachelor of Applied Technology degree.

Tickets to the concert are $100 and $90. Seating is limited to 200. To purchase tickets, call Tres Amigos Productions at 405-340-8552.

To learn more about the ACM@UCO, visit www.acm-uco.com or follow them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ACM.UCO.

(end)

Editor’s Note: Download art for publication at www.uco.edu/photo/LindseyBuckingham.

Cutline: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Lindsey Buckingham will perform at the ACM@UCO Performance Lab, 329 E. Sheridan, at 8 p.m. Nov. 3.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up To those attending...

who are traveling from out-of-town, be careful because Bricktown is not as safe as it once was after dark...Which sucks because there is PLENTY to do in Bricktown.

The good news is that traffic/parking should not be an issue since the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team is not scheduled to play on the 3rd.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To those attending...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who are traveling from out-of-town, be careful because Bricktown is not as safe as it once was after dark...Which sucks because there is PLENTY to do in Bricktown.

The good news is that traffic/parking should not be an issue since the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team is not scheduled to play on the 3rd.
Thanks for the heads-up, mate. My wife was excited about Bricktown but it always pays to be careful.

Good deal about the NBA too, that would have been a major thing in OKC!

You ever figure out if you're going?

As for me, i finally got it figured out with UCO and I (and my wife!) do have tickets. They apparently don't run the credit card until a bit later, which was confusing. You don't buy them on a website, you have to do it over the phone, so I was unsure where I stood..
They also said the meet-and-greet is still full, but I am on the list, so we'll see.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

News OK, November 2, 2012

Lindsey Buckingham comes to ACM@UCO

Read more: http://newsok.com/lindsey-buckingham...#ixzz2B2vD03Ce

Lindsey Buckingham is such a skilled, dexterous guitarist that when he left Fleetwood Mac in 1987, his old bandmates had to hire two people to cover his parts. His compositional abilities, production prowess and stylistic eccentricity made Buckingham a rarity — a cult act who also happened to be in one of the biggest bands in pop music.

Buckingham, 63, will perform at 8 p.m. Saturday at the ACM@UCO Performance Lab, 329 E Sheridan, and will play songs from all stages of his nearly 40-year recording career, and all periods of the singer-guitarist's creative work are worth studying.

“Buckingham Nicks” (1973). In the late 1970s, vinyl copies of this album could be found in almost every cutout bin, but “Buckingham Nicks,” the album that served as Buckingham and then-girlfriend Stevie Nicks' de facto audition for Fleetwood Mac, is rare these days — never released as a CD, unavailable as a download. Still, the album has high points that are every bit as good as material found on 1970s Mac classics.

Essential Buckingham: “Don't Let Me Down Again” and the original version of Fleetwood Mac's “Crystal,” featuring Buckingham on vocals.

“Fleetwood Mac” (1975). The former blues band had been trending toward pop-rock under guitarist Bob Welch, but Buckingham and Nicks made the transformation complete.

“Monday Morning” acts as a kind of bipolar codependent thesis statement for this new version of Fleetwood Mac, and singles such as “Rhiannon,” “Over My Head” and “Say You Love Me” are as notable for Buckingham's guitar parts as they are for Nicks and Christine McVie's leads.

Essential Buckingham: “Monday Morning,” “I'm So Afraid,” “World Turning.”

“Rumours” (1977). One of the biggest-selling albums of all time, “Rumours” is notable for the surface beauty masking the breakup nastiness going on in Fleetwood Mac between Buckingham and Nicks as well as Christine and John McVie. Enormous hits such as “Dreams,” “Go Your Own Way” and “You Make Loving Fun” sold the album, but the darker meditations on romantic loss made it resonate.

Essential Buckingham: “Go Your Own Way” “Never Going Back Again,” “The Chain,” “Second Hand News.”

“Tusk” (1979). Buckingham confederates think of “Tusk” as the album where Lindsey finally gets to be Lindsey. Compared to “Rumours,” “Tusk” is raw, experimental and messy with a few moments of crystalline beauty thrown in, such as Nicks' “Sara.” It sold far less than “Rumours,” but is much more interesting and is now recognized as a misunderstood masterpiece, a Southern California “White Album.”

Essential Buckingham: “The Ledge,” “Not That Funny,” “What Makes You Think You're the One?” “Tusk.”

“Law and Order” (1981). Buckingham's first solo album, “Law and Order” is a bag of exquisite nuts, like “Tusk” but more aggressively strange. The lush and lovely “Trouble” became his biggest solo hit, but soft-rock aficionados who bought “Law and Order” for “Trouble” might have suffered nerve damage from “Bwana” and “That's How We Do It in L.A.”

Essential Buckingham: “Trouble,” That's How We Do It In L.A.,” “Johnny Stew,” “Bwana.”

“Mirage” (1982). Conventional wisdom says that “Mirage” was an attempt to sand off the “Tusk”-era strangeness and win some hits again, and the singles are there — “Hold Me” and “Gypsy” were the band's first MTV-era smashes. But Buckingham gets his licks in, even if he was holding back a few of the eccentricities for his next solo album.

Read more: http://newsok.com/lindsey-buckingham...#ixzz2B2vTqLn5
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
News OK, November 2, 2012

Read more: http://newsok.com/lindsey-buckingham...#ixzz2B2vD03Ce
second page of the article:

| Published: November 2, 2012

“Go Insane” (1984). Propelled in equal measures by guitar, synthesizer and paranoia, “Go Insane” is the point where Buckingham draws a line in the sand between his solo work and Fleetwood Mac. Of all his solo albums, “Go Insane” is most reflective of its era, but it is also his most angst-ridden and emotional album, as if all the bills from the “Rumours” breakups and breakdowns were coming due.

Essential Buckingham: “Go Insane,” “Slow Dancing,” “Loving Cup,” “D.W. Suite.”

“Tango in the Night” (1987). Buckingham was deep into recording a third solo album when his bandmates called, so that work was cannibalized into “Tango,” which Buckingham produced with Richard Dashut. This was the final studio album for the classic Fleetwood Mac lineup — Buckingham left the band before the “Tango” tour — but it was a strong, impeccably arranged collection that modernized Mac's sound.

Essential Buckingham: “Big Love,” “Family Man.”

“Out of the Cradle” (1992). With Fleetwood Mac in his rearview mirror (for the time being), Buckingham then proceeded to make the solo album that most resembles that band. Sonically, “Out of the Cradle” is a sequel to “Tango,” especially the excellent single “Countdown,” but there are signposts indicating the nearly whispered, stripped-down direction of his later work (“Street of Dreams”).

Essential Buckingham: “Countdown,” “Soul Drifter.”

“Say You Will” (2003). A Fleetwood Mac album in name only, “Say You Will” plays like Buckingham and Nicks solo albums shuffled together — barely any cohesion or sense of band, despite some excellent songs from both players. With Christine McVie retired, the warm blanket of vocals that wrapped around Fleetwood Mac during its best years is seemingly retired, as well.

Essential Buckingham: “Red Rover,” “Murrow Turning Over in His Grave.”

“Under the Skin” (2006). Buckingham's first solo album in 14 years was a spare, atmospheric collection that resembled modern indie freak folk more than it did Fleetwood Mac. The collection hinted at hard-won peace of mind and domesticity — the last sound on the album featured one of Buckingham's children yelling “Daddy!” — as well as renewed artistic energy.

Essential Buckingham: “Castaway Dreams,” “Flying Down Juniper.”
“Gift of Screws” (2008).

The Emily Dickinson-referencing title rightly suggests that Buckingham is going at it harder on this “Gift of Screws,” and after the sweetness and refracted light of “Under the Skin,” Buckingham is more willing to get loud, particularly on “Wait For You” (featuring Mick Fleetwood and John McVie) and the growling demonic laughter in the title track. The music is still pretty this time around, but going a little insane again.

Essential Buckingham: “Wait For You,” “Treason,” “Gift of Screws.”

“Seeds We Sow” (2011). After 30 years under contract with Warner Bros. as a solo artist, Buckingham left the company and released “Seeds We Sow” on his own label, Mind Kit.

The resulting self-produced album sounds crisp, direct and homemade in all the right ways, and standout tracks such as “When She Comes Down” and the astonishingly intricate “In Our Own Time” are accompanied by a lilting cover of The Rolling Stones' “She Smiles Sweetly.”

Essential Buckingham: “In Our Own Time,” “She Smiles Sweetly.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/lindsey-buckingham...#ixzz2AyJK2zji

Old 11-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm leaving in a couple hours to drive down with Shannon (my wife), will let everyone know how it goes.
(I've been sick the last week, go figure, which is why I haven't been posting like crazy!!)
Old 11-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I'm leaving in a couple hours to drive down with Shannon (my wife), will let everyone know how it goes.
(I've been sick the last week, go figure, which is why I haven't been posting like crazy!!)
looking forward to your impressions! and have fun!!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default tweets

great tweetstream of tonight's show from a single tweep (most recent tweets at the top, as usual) -

@fowwow
closed out with "the seeds we sow". thanks for an incredible evening #LindseyBuckingham and @acmuco for the unforgettable memory!

@fowwow
i have never seen anyone play the guitar this well live. ever. #LindseyBuckingham #okc

@fowwow
just got another standing ovation then immediately busted out "go your own way". crowd is foaming at the mouth. #LindseyBuckingham #okc

@JustCindeh
Lindsey Buckingham is the sh*t.

@fowwow
"never going back again" just started up. the crowd goes go wild. #LindseyBuckingham #okc

@fowwow
"as long as i can" #LindseyBuckingham #okc

@fowwow
crowd just interrupted show for a standing ovation. #LindseyBuckingham #okc

‏@fowwow
@jane4oh5 @_davemorris you passed on a free ticket to lindsey buckingham in front of less than 200ppl? live music club know about this?

@JCCCTheSeries
Can't wait - Only 24 hours until Lindsey Buckingham is in the house! Or is it 25? Set your clocks back tonight!

@ReevesBuddy
Lindsey Buckingham could seduce me #seriousguitarskills

@fowwow
guys, I've seen a lot of shows and a lot of pickers in my time but #LindseyBuckingham is different. giving me chills the whole way down.

@fowwow
"one might assume the small machine is getting smaller." #LindseyBuckingham #okc

@fowwow
"the performance lab seems a good place for me to be doing this. it's an experiment and we're all the guinea pigs" #LindseyBuckingham

@thetwills42
#10ArtistsIWantToMeet Lindsey Buckingham. Guitar+him= Nirvana

‏@fowwow
view from the sound booth. so damn good. http://instagr.am/p/Rlq6Ecr0m1/

@fowwow
you guys know that one of the most successful guitar players in the history of rock music is in #okc tonight, right? #LindseyBuckingham

@fowwow
lindsey buckingham y'all. (@ Acm At UCO) on #Yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/aC3nVVtxNi7k...f=twitter&v=4b

@linda4news
It's about to start! At the UCO Performance Lab to hear Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac. Here we go!

Last edited by elle; 11-03-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for keeping up with the tweets Elle! Sounds like this is the same show he's been doing. I was hoping he might be doing some requests.... Oh well!