The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What album variations do you own?

Okay, so I really only know of two album variations: the different track listings on Mystery to Me and the cover for Future Games. But what do you have?

My copy of Mystery to Me has Good Things (Come to Those Who Wait) on the back track listing rather than For Your Love, which is printed on the actual record. I also have the green version of Future Games.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 08-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have the green Future Games and the MTM with For Your Love listed on the back. I do at least have a cassette for Future Games! It just has the black and white photo from the album, no green or yellow border.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Okay, so I really only know of two album variations: the different track listings on Mystery to Me and the cover for Future Games. But what do you have?

My copy of Mystery to Me has Good Things (Come to Those Who Wait) on the back track listing rather than For Your Love, which is printed on the actual record. I also have the green version of Future Games.
So Good Things? Is this a tune I've never heard?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
So Good Things? Is this a tune I've never heard?
Bob re-recorded it & re-titled it "Don't Wait Too Long" for inclusion on his Three Hearts album.

I, too, have the original release LP of Mystery To Me.

The green (with yellow text) Future Games cover is the more common one. It's the yellow (with red text) cover that was the original release & quite a bit rarer.

Last edited by chiliD; 08-09-2011 at 11:13 AM..
Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The biggest album with variations is Then Play On. (I'd almost kill for an original.) They really need to revamp the CD and make it a two disc set: Disc 1 would have the original album, while Disc Two would have Oh Well, the unreleased Jeremy EP, and maybe Manalish and World In Harmony.

The first US pressing of the debut album had a pink border.

Bare Trees also had a very slight variation, with some covers having a small border.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-09-2011 at 12:00 PM..
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Looks like I have the bordered variation of Bare Trees. I don't have Then Play On on vinyl, but there's one at the record store. Unfortunately, it's $25.

I didn't know about that pink border either. It's quite ugly

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The biggest album with variations is Then Play On. (I'd almost kill for an original.) They really need to revamp the CD and make it a two disc set: Disc 1 would have the original album, while Disc Two would have Oh Well, the unreleased Jeremy EP, and maybe Manalish and World In Harmony.
Problem is that for us Yanks, English Rose already had "One Sunny Day" & "Without You" which were on the original UK pressing of Then Play On...that would just be duplication. (they could omit "When You Say" as far as I'm concerned, however. There's really no reason to perpetuate that travesty. )

Disc two could also include the entire first "solo" album of Jeremy's as well.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't have Then Play On on vinyl, but there's one at the record store. Unfortunately, it's $25.
Is it the cover with the horse & rider (reissue WITH "Oh Well") or the all-black with only the white text (original pressing without "Oh Well")?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default TPO -Black cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Is it the cover with the horse & rider (reissue WITH "Oh Well") or the all-black with only the white text (original pressing without "Oh Well")?

Well I own the Black one ,which I bought when it was released.I never knew until this point that it had different tracks than the one with the horse and man on he cover It doen't open out either !
Up till now I always thought I'd been short changed
Old 08-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Horse and rider. I didn't know there was a black cover but that font is quite interesting. It looks like something from a metal band.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've got one of the US Then Play On albums with the horse & rider, and one of the black ones too. I'd bought the US one first and for awhile the different track order of the UK version kind of threw me for a loop, but I got used to it and like it now. And after all, that would have been how the band wanted the album to be sequenced.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Horse and rider. I didn't know there was a black cover but that font is quite interesting. It looks like something from a metal band.
It's the exact same font as on the horse and rider cover. Just stands out more with the larger size against the all-black background.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=chiliD;1005202](they could omit "When You Say" as far as I'm concerned, however.QUOTE]

I really dig "When You Say", so no omitting while I'm in charge
Old 08-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1005132]
The first US pressing of the debut album had a pink border.

t
Strictly speaking it's not infact a border ,as some of the picture as used on the UK album is missing ie replaced by the pink on the right hand side and the bottom has possibly been cropped(or it's pink but not included in your pic) . Why would they bother to do his ?There seems nothing in the missing portions that is contentious !
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Wouter Vuijk;1005287]
Quote:
(they could omit "When You Say" as far as I'm concerned, however.QUOTE]

I really dig "When You Say", so no omitting while I'm in charge
Sure, you're just sitting there laughing that evil laugh while my ears bleed.