Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Confirmed - Gyow

Alright, Lindsey and Carrie are doing Go Your Own Way. Not surprised! My husband didn't see him, but he said the band has been rehearsing the song for 4 hours, and then Carrie got there and rehearsed it without LB for about 45 minutes...when my husband left they were waiting around for LB to get there....he didn't land in NYC until 6:30, and then he had to go to dinner with someone before getting to the studio to rehearse. He said that Carrie sounded really good singing GYOW though....will probably be a good performance, and great publicity for LB!

Kristin
Old 09-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post
Alright, Lindsey and Carrie are doing Go Your Own Way. Not surprised! My husband didn't see him, but he said the band has been rehearsing the song for 4 hours, and then Carrie got there and rehearsed it without LB for about 45 minutes...when my husband left they were waiting around for LB to get there....he didn't land in NYC until 6:30, and then he had to go to dinner with someone before getting to the studio to rehearse. He said that Carrie sounded really good singing GYOW though....will probably be a good performance, and great publicity for LB!

Kristin
Wow, thanks for all of that inside info Kristin. Not that excited about GYOW but whatever.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

I can't believe he's really going to be dusting off one of his lost classics. Haven't heard that song since '98, when The Dance was big. Wasn't there a big fuss about it when it came out on, what was that album, Rumors?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
I can't believe he's really going to be dusting off one of his lost classics. Haven't heard that song since '98, when The Dance was big. Wasn't there a big fuss about it when it came out on, what was that album, Rumors?
I guess he wants to try resurrecting it.

Maybe he & the Underwood gal will play it backwards or something sort of out of the ordinary. He could compose a fugue on its two themes. He could re-score it for jug band (although I think that's been done back on the Patron Saints of Pop CD). He could sing it in Pig Latin -- like what Ginger Rogers did with We're in the Money in one of my favorite movies, Gold Diggers of 1933.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpkxzvbG4YQ

Really there are so many opportunities here.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

well, david, you always make me laugh. lindsey will never translate GYOW into weirdness. No, this is going to be a performance that is "acceptable", at maximum. Bwleeeeeeh. He's going Stevies way. Bwleeeeeeh twice.

BTW: thanks for the info Kristin!

Last edited by shackin'up; 09-04-2007 at 03:29 AM..
Old 09-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
yeah Sorta, we agree on something. Isn't that weird?

Old 09-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

(but thanks for the info Kristin!)
Old 09-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=danax6;718264]"We decided one time we're going to put a billboard out that says 'We, Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie, have nothing to do with the following songs on Tusk'." - Stevie NicksQUOTE]

Vanessa! Do you have this interview?? I heard it years ago online and I haven't been able to find it again. It's from Australia from 1979, right? Does anyone have this?? I would love to hear it again!!

Thanks,
Jackie
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaywomen View Post
Vanessa! Do you have this interview?? I heard it years ago online and I haven't been able to find it again. It's from Australia from 1979, right? Does anyone have this?? I would love to hear it again!!

Thanks,
Jackie
I'll upload it later when I get home. I love that interview!

Last edited by danax6; 09-04-2007 at 08:40 AM..
Old 09-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristin View Post

Kristin
This is great news. Can't think of a more appropriate Lindsey/Mac song for them to do. I hope hope hope hope it is made available on iTunes as well!
Old 09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I'll upload it later when I get home. I love that interview!
Thank you Vanessa! I can't wait to hear it again. I think it's been 8 years since I've heard that interview!

Jackie
Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
well, david, you always make me laugh. lindsey will never translate GYOW into weirdness. No, this is going to be a performance that is "acceptable", at maximum. Bwleeeeeeh. He's going Stevies way. Bwleeeeeeh twice.

BTW: thanks for the info Kristin!
Oh come on now, buddy. It's just one song, one show, one night. He's not gone Stevie's way yet. He actually put out a disc of new material and played quite a bit of it live this last tour, remember? Stevie would never, ever do that.

And, I don't think he has to translate GYOW into weirdness for any reason. It's his mainstream hit, and likely remains his biggest source of income through ASCAP/BMI whichever he's registered through. As much as he can play to be like, "don't yell out for GYOW too soon and we'll all get along fine" ... he's gotta still be all about it, if for no other reason than the chaching it brings. Serious dough off that song... and his other stuff doesn't really sell that well, so if he has to pound it into the ground to keep it going and keep him in a position that he can continue to make "boutique" albums... that's fine by me.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

...and it's the greatest song of all time!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yawn.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yawn.
did you see that LBT has been howling GYOW at shows? Sounds like crap! I hope CU doesn't decide to do the same.