User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Q: Do egos tend to fall away when you're older, or do you get more set in your ways?

A: Some people do. I'm probably the most egoless of the lot. I don't think I have an ego. I know what I like, but I'm not very confrontational. Lindsey knows what he wants and tries to get it. Stevie knows what she wants and tries to get it. John, Mick and myself are more malleable, perhaps.
As if we needed Christine to tell us all that!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
but she's in the most optimal position right now (and she has been in A LOT of positions in her life. Don't make me start! ).

The worst part is that she knows it and she's using it for her best interests. Damn her!
I like you SO MUCH!!!

I know it. The fact is that they'll probably make triple with the full lineup than what they would minus one of them(not just Stevie, even though she has the highest star power).

And while none of them(except maybe idiot Mick) needs the money, I do understand wanting to go out on top, selling out venues, demanding top ticket prices.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I like you SO MUCH!!!

I know it. The fact is that they'll probably make triple with the full lineup than what they would minus one of them(not just Stevie, even though she has the highest star power).

And while none of them(except maybe idiot Mick) needs the money, I do understand wanting to go out on top, selling out venues, demanding top ticket prices.
You know you're my favorite, right? (and you'll always be).

They know they're powerful together. Their five names combined mean success. It's the only choice. And when emotions between them are not okay (I mean, they have all known each other for 40+ years), it's harder just knowing that you need that other person in order to succeed.

I applaud their enthusiasm to want to be together still after all these years. And it's certainly understandable their desire to go out on top, after all the sh*t they had to put up with in the past.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 06-28-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Old 06-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
From what I can gather Barry Gibb vied with Foo Fighters for the biggest crowd at this years festival. The biggest crowd of all time at Glasto is supposed to be Dolly Parton. If FM ever played they'd definitely be one of the headline acts. I wonder if Buckingham McVie could do the 'Legends' slot.
I think Stevie doing the legends slot solo is very likely, I just found this recent quote from Michael Eavis online,

“Half a century,” he said. “It’s an incredible feat, actually. We’ve been through so many struggles to get here.” Despite his five decades curating Glastonbury, Eavis said he still had a wishlist of bands he was hoping to entice to the festival.

Fleetwood Mac are one, but “they’ve got so many managers”.

“We can’t get them to agree a price,” he said. “Stevie Nicks would be good. Maybe we’ll get here her on her own.”

Sadly I think FM is extremely unlikley but I would love to Stevie play a solo set, I think she'd go down really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Barry Gibb was fabulous! I rarely watch much of Glastonbury on TV but I did catch the section with Barry Gibb followed by Chic/Nile Rodgers - they were also amazing. I knew all the songs, but had no idea how wonderful Nile Rodgers + band are live. Pure funky disco joy! He told 2 very moving stories about him volunteering after the Grenfell fire and also about beating aggressive cancer 6 years ago - very inspiring. I couldn't stop smiling and dancing on Sunday evening...wonderful....

anyway, back to FM... will they ever play Glastonbury???
Chic were wonderful, I'm a big Nile Rodgers fan - great musician.

Barry Gibb I can't watch anymore, his voice ha s totally gone.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I think Stevie doing the legends slot solo is very likely, I just found this recent quote from Michael Eavis online,

“Half a century,” he said. “It’s an incredible feat, actually. We’ve been through so many struggles to get here.” Despite his five decades curating Glastonbury, Eavis said he still had a wishlist of bands he was hoping to entice to the festival.

Fleetwood Mac are one, but “they’ve got so many managers”.

“We can’t get them to agree a price,” he said. “Stevie Nicks would be good. Maybe we’ll get here her on her own.”

Sadly I think FM is extremely unlikley but I would love to Stevie play a solo set, I think she'd go down really well.

Chic were wonderful, I'm a big Nile Rodgers fan - great musician.

Barry Gibb I can't watch anymore, his voice ha s totally gone.
Barry Gibb's voice certainly isn't at it's best, but I enjoyed the songs and his presence, and the duet with the backing singer who did have a great voice.

I'm still in awe of seeing the Chic live set - I've watched or listened to ​it 3 times now. I used to listen to a lot of dance music and disco, so it was a joy to watch one of the masters of that genre, playing the original hits and baselines that I've heard in so many other songs. He just has so much life and energy, after all these years of making records... and yes a very talented musician. I can see why you'd be a big fan. And the band are superb - they looked overjoyed to be on the main Glastonbury stage.

Thanks for posting the Micheal Eavis comments about a FM or Stevie performance - interesting.... If it's impossible to coordinate FM playing there, a Stevie performance instead would be very welcome.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it's a thing to bad mouth Miss Nicks around these parts (as I've done my fair share of it too) as some of her comments and her behavior lately towards the band has been a little deplorable but I still really hope she puts forth material for a final album before all is said and done. Yeah, Buckingham/McVie was a success and the show I attended was fantastic even with the extra "help" they had technology wise but nothing beats the five-piece Mac. Just watching stuff like the Grammy's and the Brit's performances reminds me just how massive the band can be when they bring their A-game. It would be a damned shame to let the group go out with a fizzle instead of doing one more grand slam.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm glad to hear it! There is nothing like the magic of the "five fireflies." I hope that one day, they will all see their way to not only your together, but also to record together again.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe he thinks that way because he is youngest and, judging by the last tour, still has the energy of a 30 year old. But if the next tour starts next year, then tour following that would likely be two years afterwards, and I just can't picture that as they're not getting any younger. I know it's possible considering how The Rolling Stones still tour but I'm just not sure for FM, especially taking John's health into account.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
From what I can gather Barry Gibb vied with Foo Fighters for the biggest crowd at this years festival. The biggest crowd of all time at Glasto is supposed to be Dolly Parton. If FM ever played they'd definitely be one of the headline acts. I wonder if Buckingham McVie could do the 'Legends' slot.
The Legends slot is always remembered far longer than the Headliners..
Songs from Barry Gibb's set are being played on Radio2 a lot this week, with fond memories...
Haven't heard any Radiohead or Foo Fighters sets being played.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is slightly interesting. I swear I've seen most of this interview somewhere else, but the end of it is something I haven't read before. Perhaps it opens up the possibility of a timeframe for more Mac recordings (I'm an eternal optimist). You've got to wonder how physically and/or musically capable one or two of them will be in fewer years than we might imagine.

Q: Next month, you'll play a couple of Fleetwood Mac festival dates, then next year is supposed to be a farewell tour, maybe?

A: Well, I've been hearing that, "farewell tour." Where did that come from?

Q: I read it in another article about the new album. Are you not ready to say goodbye to Fleetwood Mac?

A: It's not a question of being ready or not ready, but we've never as a band talked about this being our last tour, so I'm a little curious about that.

Q: You don't see it as a farewell tour?

A: I certainly don't. And given how long people seem to keep going and how we all feel individually, I would be shocked - but stranger things have happened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7809386.html
Good for Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie and whoever feels like they want to keep on doing what they're doing!!! Age is only a number!!! I say rock on till you drop!! Bring it!! I'll be here to "the end" with you guys!!
Old 07-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Q: Next month, you'll play a couple of Fleetwood Mac festival dates, then next year is supposed to be a farewell tour, maybe?

A: Well, I've been hearing that, "farewell tour." Where did that come from?

Q: I read it in another article about the new album. Are you not ready to say goodbye to Fleetwood Mac?

A: It's not a question of being ready or not ready, but we've never as a band talked about this being our last tour, so I'm a little curious about that.

Q: You don't see it as a farewell tour?

A: I certainly don't. And given how long people seem to keep going and how we all feel individually, I would be shocked - but stranger things have happened.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7809386.html
https://www.list.co.uk/article/92231...ood-mac-album/

The article below is OLD news, from waaay back in June 16, 2017 but it does include Christine's sentiments from that time, before the tour started:

Christine McVie wants new Fleetwood Mac album

Christine McVie says anything is "possible" with regards to a new Fleetwood Mac album.

The 73-year-old musician - who departed the band and lived in semi-retirement for 16 years between 1998 and 2014 - would love to get back into the studio and make new music with her bandmates but it would all depend on the "very complicated" relationship between frontwoman Steve Nicks, 69, and lead guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, 67.

She told The Sun newspaper: "I can't say a definite yes to that [another record] because Stevie and Lindsey are Stevie and Lindsey. They have a very complicated relationship.

"I love to think it's possible because I believe the world would love to hear a new Mac album, so fingers crossed.

"You can never say never with a band. Look at me - I was gone for 16 years so anything can happen."

The 'Rumours' hitmakers are planning a last global jaunt to say goodbye to their fans next year, but even the members of the band are unconvinced they're going to be bowing out.

Christine previously said: "The 2018 tour is supposed to be a farewell tour but you take farewell tours one at a time.*

"Somehow we always come together, this unit. We can feel it ourselves."

The line-up of the group - which typically comprises Christine, her ex-husband John McVie, Mick Fleetwood, Lindsey and Stevie - has changed over the years with certain members leaving for periods of time, but the singer admits there is always something that draws them back together.

She said: "We're all guilty of parting company in this band for a while. It just seems to happen. But it's that umbilical cord that can't be broken. It just pulls you back...

"It's that invisible chain. It's that alchemy. I love every minute of it. This is what I want to do. It's what I want to invest my time and my future in from now on, so I won't leave again."

Meanwhile, Christine and Lindsey recently released an album together, 'Buckingham McVie', but insist that it won't be an ongoing project for them away from the band.

Christine said: "It really is a finite project. It's not a career move. It's just a nice splinter off the main artery of Fleetwood Mac."

*We have all seen the multiple farewell tours from bands that continue to perform.