The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Big Albums To Look Forward To In 2017 (NME)

Big Albums To Look Forward To In 2017

Rhian Daly 12:34 pm - Nov 1, 2016

Yes, there's still two months left of 2016, but it's not too soon to start thinking about the new music coming our way in 2017.

Fleetwood Mac’s new album should be finished by Christmas, according to Christine McVie. The band have been recording their first record since 2003’s ‘Say You Will’ and have “a fantastic variety of songs”, apparently.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/24-albums-lo...BMLsKRY460w.99

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Yes, there's still two months left of 2016, but it's not too soon to start thinking about the new music coming our way in 2017.

Fleetwood Mac’s new album should be finished by Christmas, according to Christine McVie. The band have been recording their first record since 2003’s ‘Say You Will’ and have “a fantastic variety of songs”, apparently.

I'm getting excited.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ooooh yay. i never thought they'd release a new album, with or without stevie. ken caillait said on his blog he didn't think it would happen. but so far this sounds good. i think the long grueling tour soured stevie's mood and made her more annoyed at lindsey than usual.
hopefully if she has a great time with her solo tour, it'll lighten her spirits a bit and get her to want to involve herself at last minute.
either way, yay.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Holy sh!t. Yessssss. It's happening.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Holy sh!t. Yessssss. It's happening.
If I live to see the Seven Wonders..............................
Old 11-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Finished by THIS Christmas? Or by Christmas 2017??

I remain skeptical done by this Christmas if it's going to include anything by Stevie given how she's just recently said she's not interested.

If they're putting out their stuff without her, then I'm very excited to hear it!
Old 11-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not an official statement. The information has been gleaned from Christine's interview last month. But it doesn't speak of a release date, nor was Christine's prediction that the album will be finished by Christmas anything binding or planned.

"We work in a weird way, I guess" was her next statement from that same interview. That leaves all kinds of "options" open: for example, waiting for Stevie, shelving the project until after the tour, etc., etc.

As proof that this NME mention isn't anything concrete to get excited about (yet) the picture they use to relate this information is of Stevie alone. Ironically, if the album comes out by Christmas, it'll be everyone except her.

Crossing fingers the notice is more accurate than I assume.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Next year is the band's 50th anniversary, RUMOURS 40th and TANGO's 30th....PERFECT time for a new album! And with another tour planned....yeah, we'll see it in 2017!🤗
Old 11-02-2016, 04:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Next year is the band's 50th anniversary, RUMOURS 40th and TANGO's 30th....PERFECT time for a new album! And with another tour planned....yeah, we'll see it in 2017!🤗

Also the band was formed 50 years ago in London.....July 1967.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Next year is the band's 50th anniversary, RUMOURS 40th and TANGO's 30th....PERFECT time for a new album! And with another tour planned....yeah, we'll see it in 2017!��

...........and The Dance will be 20 years.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango was originally released in April of 1987, so a Deluxe Edition would be perfect timing by April!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If you follow the link (in post, above) to NME and scroll down past a whole slew of modern "artists" I've never heard of, you get to the blip about Fleetwood Mac. What picture does the article use to illustrate? A photo of Ms. Stevie Nicks. Maybe NME hasn't heard that Ms. Nicks isn't involved in this new record. (... rolling my eyes ...)
Old 11-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

So 2007 was the only year that they weren't really in the limelight. Hopefully 2017 will be a different story. Something special about the number seven with this band.
Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
So 2007 was the only year that they weren't really in the limelight. Hopefully 2017 will be a different story. Something special about the number seven with this band.
I think it was a stroke of luck Rumours was such a big hit 10 years after they formed. After that, weren't Tango and The Dance planned to coincide?
Yes, highly diappointing they did nothing in 2007 but 2017 is the big one. All the more annoying Stevie isn't really involving herself.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
If you follow the link (in post, above) to NME and scroll down past a whole slew of modern "artists" I've never heard of, you get to the blip about Fleetwood Mac. What picture does the article use to illustrate? A photo of Ms. Stevie Nicks. Maybe NME hasn't heard that Ms. Nicks isn't involved in this new record. (... rolling my eyes ...)
Yup, you've inspired me to roll my eyes, as well.